PDA

View Full Version : Another Video that will bring a tear to your eyes: SOX special on Municipal Channel

Hangar18
12-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Has anyone seen it? Its always hosted by Mike Wallace (of cbs-2) its always
general information channel usually about the public schools, police dept, etc.
This was a special and Wallace just interviewed people in Bridgeport/Canaryville area bars/homes during Game 4 of the series. They found themselves at a bar during the 9th inning, and you can see the crowd very tense, while Wallace is interviewing people as they game is playing live behind them. One gentleman, who appears in his 50's, is sitting at the bar, casually talking about the generations of SOX fans and what a WS win will mean for the city and how long hes waited ........Hes talking and watching the game at the same time, when Suddenly, the grounder to Uribe, throws to Konerko for the win.........The place goes bananas, people are dancing and cheering, and Wallace says wow hey how do you feel, the guy has the biggest smile and is about to answer, Pauses .....then says "excuse me" to the camera and turns and begins Sobbing to himself............. Theres a respectful silence from Wallace .........with the Cheering and Dancing around of the fans in the background. The gentleman then says "ive been waiting so long for this ..........." and continues to cry ........... Wallace smiling and not sure what to do next than says, ok .........and the camera cuts away.

What a great SOX moment ..........

JoeyCora28
12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Is this only on in the city?

I wish some of the suburban cable systems would pick this up and show it on public access...

32nd&Wallace
12-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Are we talking about Mike Wallace from 60 Minutes?

FARMEO
12-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Bob Wallace is the Host of "Chicago Works".

Frankfan4life
12-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Wow, that made me tear up. I guess I would have done the same thing that guy did if I were being interviewed at the moment the Sox won the WS. How can you express such an emotion in words?

Excuse me please...:whiner:

Brian26
12-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Wow, that made me tear up. I guess I would have done the same thing that guy did if I were being interviewed at the moment the Sox won the WS.

I did that and I WASN'T being interviewed :smile:

Vernam
12-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I was at Grandstand the afternoon of World Series Game 4, and Wallace came in with his crew. If anyone finds a link to the video -- I checked the Ch. 2 site but couldn't find it -- please be sure to post it here.

Vernam

Dolly
12-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Is this only on in the city?

I wish some of the suburban cable systems would pick this up and show it on public access...Yes, and it's only if you get Comcast cable. I no longer get that channel since switching to Direct TV. :(:

MadetoOrta
12-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Someone should contact Comcast and have them offer a DVD version. Folks I'm buying EVERY CONCEIVABLE DVD ABOUT THIS MAGICAL YEAR. Can someone put a Comcast link on here and White Sox Army can take the initiative?