PDA

View Full Version : It just hit me again today.

cheeses_h_rice
12-02-2005, 04:52 PM
THE WHITE SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES.

Wow.

I am still completely blown away when I really think about it.

:gulp:

SOXintheBURGH
12-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Damn straight.

Baby Fisk
12-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Everything changed on October 26, 2005. :smile:

EDIT: For example, there's currently a thread in the Clubhouse called "Jerry Reinsdorf you're the best." CAN YOU EVEN BEGIN TO FATHOM THAT???? :o:

ALSO: My day-a-page desk calendar remains on October 26, 2005. I can't bring myself to change the date. :redface:

MarySwiss
12-02-2005, 04:55 PM
And I learned two days ago that my DVD had shipped. I CANNOT WAIT MUCH LONGER!

Now if only they would ship my damn cap....

Fenway
12-02-2005, 04:55 PM
and it will stay with you forever :smile:

(hint it really starts feeling good around pitchers and catchers)

Corlose 15
12-02-2005, 04:58 PM

Wow.

I know exactly what you mean.

:bandance: :gulp:

Iwritecode
12-02-2005, 05:04 PM

Wow.

It hit me again the other day when I was watching CNN headline news and they happened to mention the fact that Konerko resigned on their sports update. Then I changed the channel and got to see the SI advertisement for the commerative book and 3-ball set. :D:

Hangar18
12-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Wow.

Its funny, but the last few days, the same thing keeps happening to me.
I keep having these "epiphanies" if you will, realizing the Chicago White Sox WON the World Series. Everything happened so fast, and things were so hectic in those glorious moments ........ So many things seem to pop in my head now, and I seem to keep remembering different things about that nite and the week too.
*Someone pouring a bottle of champagne on me.
*Someone who only lurks here, giving me a bear hug
*I remember hugging Cheeses and Kittle42. Heck, everyone that was around me for that matter :redface: . When Crede straight-out smoked that pitch with Ozuna on 2nd for the Game Winner, I mustve jumped about 10 feet in the air, on top of a couple other SOX fans and Longshot, similar to that famous shot of CREDE being airborne above all his teammates ........
man, what a season

crazyozzie02
12-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Ive watched the DVD 10 times since i got it, and every time i get to the final out i play it 5 times and start crying. I always told my family and friends that whenever the sox would win the world series that my life would be complete and i could die anyday from there on and have no regrets. I got to tell you something. I never thought it would happen so soon, but im only 18 and i still feel that my life is complete and that i can go at anytime now!!!! :smile:

mike squires
12-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Got my bat the other night and as I touched the engraved names of the players i thought wow, Geof Blum, Damaso Marte, Willie Harris, Pablo Ozuna, Cliff Pollite, Bobby Jenks, Chris Widger...this was a team effort and everyone was a part of it one way or the other.

JoeyCora28
12-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Just got my "hard ticket" in the mail yesterday as a replacement for the TicketFast ticket I used for Game 2 of the World Series.
As I looked at it again before putting it away, I still can't believe that I actually went to a White Sox World Series game (and what a game!), and that they actually won the whole thing...

Dick Allen
12-02-2005, 05:36 PM

Wow.

:gulp:I know exactly what you mean. Seeing them referred to as World Champions in the electronic and print media still makes me pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming. It's all very surreal. I must be in a parallel universe.

infohawk
12-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Ever since the clincher, I have had a profound feeling of fulfillment. Perfect contentment. I'm constantly seeing vivid images of the various highlights from the World Series projected in my mind -- especially Podsednik's walk-off in game two. There's almost a sublime calmness in knowing that your team is not only the World Champion, but has reached the rarified status of "elite" team. Once an afterthought struggling to gain national respect, the Sox are now a premiere franchise with widespread credibility within the media, baseball fanbase and baseball community. A preferred destination for players like Jim Thome, Paul Konerko and even Manny Ramirez. Our owner is respected, our general manager is heralded as one of the best in the game and our manager is colorful, popular with fans and respected among both players and peers.

Its all good.

The Racehorse
12-02-2005, 05:43 PM
And I learned two days ago that my DVD had shipped. I CANNOT WAIT MUCH LONGER!

Now if only they would ship my damn cap....

Not only did I received my DVD today, but also my WS Sox Flag [it's already hung next to the Stars & Stripes on my apartment wall] & Sox Christmas ornaments. :bandance:

Staying with with the theme of what cheeses said, every few days or so, The FACT that the Sox won the 2005 World Series will hit me like a ton of bricks. Those bricks felt good yesterday, because it had been awhile since I flew my Sox car-flag. So I flew it.. it's still there today. :smile:

MarySwiss
12-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Not only did I received my DVD today, but also my WS Sox Flag [it's already hung next to the Stars & Stripes on my apartment wall] & Sox Christmas ornaments. :bandance:

Staying with with the theme of what cheeses said, every few days or so, The FACT that the Sox won the 2005 World Series will hit me like a ton of bricks. Those bricks felt good yesterday, because it had been awhile since I flew my Sox car-flag. So I flew it.. it's still there today. :smile:

I know! I just CANNOT STOP SMILING, even though I know it's driving people crazy!

Today I went to meet some non-Sox fan pals for lunch at Skip and Jan's in Tempe, where some of us AZ fans watched the games. Ran into another diehard fan I know, and we spent some time rehashing things and talking about the stuff we had ordered and the stuff we were going to buy. Then, during lunch, my pals and I were talking and the SI commercial came on. I stopped mid-sentence and just started grinning like an idiot!

I CAN'T HELP IT!! In fact, I think I'll go play "South Side Irish" now. Then watch the parade and rally. Again. :D:

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-02-2005, 06:02 PM

Wow.

Me too brother!
I basically play the World Series 05 DVD all day long as I work in my office. I have to be up to about 25 viewings in the last week, at least. My wife still cannot believe how emotional I get when watching the ending with the parade and the credits. Hell, I cannot believe it either. After dinner, I am watching it again. It just ended about a half hour ago. :gulp:

ChiSox Fan 68
12-02-2005, 06:21 PM
I used to have a little Sox "shrine" in the corner of my family room - since Oct 26th, that has escalated into a full-blown Sox themed basement. Sometimes I sit on my couch and stare in disbelief at all the new World Series paraphernalia adorning the walls. It still hasn't totally sunk it - I wonder if it ever totally will...

ChiSoxLifer
12-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't think this feeling is going away until the end of next season when the playoffs start. Then I'll start thinking about the repeat. (knock on wood) I've bought myself a WS05 hat, video, jersey, sweatshirts for the children, and, personalized Chisox plates. I think I've got it bad. :supernana:

TornLabrum
12-02-2005, 06:34 PM
It really hit me today. My World Series DVD arrived!

SoxSpeed22
12-02-2005, 06:37 PM
I hear you, I'm wearin' the parade shirt now. I think I might have consciously blacked out in mid-air of my first, extremely high jump after the last out. But it only lasted for a microsecond. I look forward to December 18th!:thumbsup:

veeter
12-02-2005, 06:37 PM
About every third day or so, I get a smile on my face. And I think to myself, they're the champs and noone can ever take that away, ever. It's just great. And I got my DVD today!!!

MarySwiss
12-02-2005, 07:03 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS MY DVD!!!!!! :angry:

soxgirl617
12-02-2005, 07:12 PM
I feel the same way: I still can hardly believe it. Better still, it makes me smile every time it crosses my mind, or I look at any of my Sox stuff, or see one of my Sox buddies. Now I'm happy even when I'm not happy!

BTW, I also still get emotional (goosebumps/wet eyes) whenever I see any clips, etc.

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-02-2005, 08:13 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS MY DVD!!!!!! :angry:
I finally got the one I ordered from MLB.com today.
My wife knew I was so excited about watching it that she bought me one at the store on Monday. The second copy I am going to send to my father-in-law.
I don't think I will be doing any more buying from MLB.com
I overpaid and the Sox flags I ordered are still all backordered or are now discontinuted.
They send an email today saying that the remaining flags on my order may take over 30 days so I have the option for cancelling my order.
I am not satisfied at all! :angry:

MarySwiss
12-02-2005, 08:22 PM
I finally got the one I ordered from MLB.com today.
My wife knew I was so excited about watching it that she bought me one at the store on Monday. The second copy I am going to send to my father-in-law.
I don't think I will be doing any more buying from MLB.com
I overpaid and the Sox flags I ordered are still all backordered or are now discontinuted.
They send an email today saying that the remaining flags on my order may take over 30 days so I have the option for cancelling my order.
I am not satisfied at all! :angry:

Nor am I a happy camper. But because I live out-of-state, I have to suck it up. :angry:
I really want to order the road WS champs Konerko jersey and some flags, but I hate getting jerked around like this!

Realist
12-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Everyday is like Christmas morning! :moonwalk:

[I love Christmas]

FarWestChicago
12-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Everything changed on October 26, 2005. :smile:The only thing that amazes me is the Clouds and Flubsessed who haven't changed one bit. I think all normal Sox fans have a certain inner peace now. :cool:

nccwsfan
12-02-2005, 09:40 PM
It's a wonderful feeling, one that will last for a long long time. 2006 will be a wonderful season, which makes it all the better...

tebman
12-02-2005, 09:43 PM
One day this week I listened to a bit of Mac, Jurko, & Harry and at the time I tuned in some hapless Cub fan was expressing his fatigue with the White Sox because, after all, how many people show up to their games, Sox fans aren't real fans -- rivulets and streams of this same tired effluvia that has for too long taken up time on the radio. This guy was continuing when Jurko interrupted him and said (paraphrasing), "Look, I'm a Cub fan. I love the Cubs. But the White Sox are World Champions. They're World Champions. There's nothing else to discuss."

At that moment it hit me again too.

God, it's good to be alive! :yup:

Realist
12-02-2005, 09:51 PM
This guy was continuing when Jurko interrupted him and said (paraphrasing), "Look, I'm a Cub fan. I love the Cubs. But the White Sox are World Champions. They're World Champions. There's nothing else to discuss."

At that moment it hit me again too.

God, it's good to be alive! :yup:

Jurko is a Cubs fan. I'm a Sox fan.
Jurko went to T.F. North High School. I went to T.F. South High School.
Jurko is a Croat. I'm a Serb.

I was always afraid of what would happen if we ever met, but after reading what he said, I'm not so worried anymore.

whitesoxwilkes
12-02-2005, 09:57 PM
As I was strolling (well, stumbling) home from Dylan's tonight after a few brew, I just had to fire up "Don't Stop Believin" on the iPod for the 5000th time. Damn did it sound nice.

It's 22 degrees in the Loop right now. I know a lot of you guys love to dog on my guy Fenway, but when he said "prepare for the warmest of winters" the guy wasn't lying.

UMSox
12-02-2005, 10:50 PM
About once a week I'll be lying in bed thinking and 'how bout those White Sox?' will pop up, and BAM.. I start replaying everything in my head. Oddly enough the thing end up dwelling on most was Duke's inning against the Bosox.. just thinking about it makes the hair on my neck stand up, I can't imagine what it'll be like when my DVD comes. Anyway, I get this big grin on my face and my heart starts beating fast again and I can't sleep and I end up missing Civ Pro in the morning. I can't say that this hell of an offseason we've had so far has helped with this either :D:

btw, first post here (lurked for quite a while) and I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the mods and the people here, by far the best sports board I've seen

GO SOX

tebman
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
About once a week I'll be lying in bed thinking and 'how bout those White Sox?' will pop up, and BAM.. I start replaying everything in my head. Oddly enough the thing end up dwelling on most was Duke's inning against the Bosox.. just thinking about it makes the hair on my neck stand up, I can't imagine what it'll be like when my DVD comes. Anyway, I get this big grin on my face and my heart starts beating fast again and I can't sleep and I end up missing Civ Pro in the morning. I can't say that this hell of an offseason we've had so far has helped with this either :D:

btw, first post here (lurked for quite a while) and I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the mods and the people here, by far the best sports board I've seen

GO SOX

:welcome: Good to have you, UMS! You jumped in the pool at a great time.

Keep the grin on your face -- you've earned it!

soxfanatlanta
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
It was one hell of a run, no? I also have to pinch myself once in a while to remind myself that they won. '06 is going to be one great ride too; I cannot wait to see them in the Atl on April 1st - I bet 1/3 of the crowd will be wearing the pin-stripes. And that is a conservative estimate.

Times are good, indeed.

mike squires
12-03-2005, 12:41 AM

GO SOX

That pitching performance was so clutch. In my bathroom I hve a Carlton Fisk autographed ball and bobblehead, 83 team members signed ball along with whitesox towels. Hanging on the wall, framed, is the "EL YES" cover of the Sun Times. That was about the only time during the entire playoffs/World Series that I was a bit worried.:redface:

shbart
12-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Its funny, but the last few days, the same thing keeps happening to me.
I keep having these "epiphanies" if you will, realizing the Chicago White Sox WON the World Series. Everything happened so fast, and things were so hectic in those glorious moments ........ So many things seem to pop in my head now, and I seem to keep remembering different things about that nite and the week too.
*Someone pouring a bottle of champagne on me.
*Someone who only lurks here, giving me a bear hug
*I remember hugging Cheeses and Kittle42. Heck, everyone that was around me for that matter :redface: . When Crede straight-out smoked that pitch with Ozuna on 2nd for the Game Winner, I mustve jumped about 10 feet in the air, on top of a couple other SOX fans and Longshot, similar to that famous shot of CREDE being airborne above all his teammates ........
man, what a season

I try and set aside an hour a day to relish what has happened. Often that time is spent at WSI. Also, Fenway calls me at work and gives me perspective...lol*
Hangar, I have very similar memories. I was soo happy that I went to Puffers for game 4 of the ALCS and then the night when they won it all. Being someone who seldom posts (I'm over 40 and the term "lurker" just makes me feel dirty). I'm not sure if I was the "hugger", but I did sneak in a bottle of champagne and hid it out back in case the celebration went down. I walked back into the bar in the 9th Inning, pointing to the bottle and everybody knew what was going to happen. The funny part was that I started to loosen the cork with 2 outs and I almost had a premature moment, but Juan wouldn't let that happen. Just as the ball hit Paulies glove, the cork shot off on cue. It really was Kismet all the way around. Thanks again to everyone there including my cousin who grew up in Bridgeport. Nothing cooler than celebrating with your favorite relative who babysat for you back when television needed rabbit ears :D:

The Wall
12-03-2005, 01:04 AM
More like smacked me again...just finished watching the rerun of the MLB Productions on Comcast.

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Well, time to pop that World Series DVD back in for about the fourth time today. It never gets old!!!!

Hey everyone! Our beloved team are the WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!! WIRE to WIRE in FIRST! FOUR COMPLETE GAMES by our pitchers in the ALCS. SWEEP of the DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPS in the ALDS! The team that most experts predicted to finish in third and fourth place.
Man, it's tough being the WORLD CHAMPS! Wear the SOX colors proudly!
Take it all in and enjoy every minute of it. These are the best days of our lives!....until next season!

WOOOOOOOO!!!!:gulp:

RadioheadRocks
12-03-2005, 01:13 AM
That pitching performance was so clutch. In my bathroom I hve a Carlton Fisk autographed ball and bobblehead, 83 team members signed ball along with whitesox towels. Hanging on the wall, framed, is the "EL YES" cover of the Sun Times. That was about the only time during the entire playoffs/World Series that I was a bit worried.:redface:

As awesome as those first two divisional games were, it was that 6th inning with El Duque getting out of that bases loaded, no out jam when I first started thinking, "hey, something special's happening here!!!" :D:

LuvSox
12-03-2005, 01:22 AM
I watched the dvd again today and all the emotions came rushing back. I remembered how much fun the playoffs were, where I was when certain things happened.

I luv it!!!!!!! :bandance:

chisox77
12-03-2005, 01:33 AM
I've been smiling everyday, even laughing. The feeling is pure joy and satisfaction, and it has far exceeded the Bears Super Bowl win in 1986. The satisfaction comes from believing in the White Sox through all the years, and sticking with them, and celebrating the ultimate victory a baseball team can achieve - A WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP -

I find myself savoring the whole playoff run (11-1), and thinking, man, that's a very difficult thing to do, but the Sox did it!!!

:cool:

LuvSox
12-03-2005, 01:36 AM
The satisfaction comes from believing in the White Sox through all the years, and sticking with them, and celebrating the ultimate victory a baseball team can achieve - A WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP -

No kidding. Think about all of the years when the playoffs were out of the question, you were happy just to see baseball. Hell, that was most years.:smile:

This feels great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gowhitesox
12-03-2005, 01:54 AM
Watched the World Series DVD a second time. It is even better the second time around! :D: I have had a White Sox shirt on every day since are beloved Sox won the World Series.

I cried during the DVD just like I did on October 26, 2005. What made this team so special for me was the coaching staff, as I remember cheering my lungs out for them in their playing days, and to see them guiding the players to a World Championship and to see them holding the trophy is awesome!!

Greatest White Sox team ever!! We are the Champions!

PKalltheway
12-03-2005, 01:55 AM
It usually hits me that they're World Champions whenever I hear somebody on t.v. (especially those east coast biased ESPN brodcasters) say "the World Champion Chicago White Sox." It just gives me chills. Something you thought you would never see in your lifetime and now it's here; a championship, and respect. You are no longer getting the evil eye just for saying you're a Sox fan. Now, you're getting handshakes. The White Sox will not get casually referred to as Chicago's "other team" now, as if they don't have a name or aren't worthy of one. They do have a name: The World Champion Chicago White Sox.:D:

hsnterprize
12-03-2005, 09:31 AM
It's been a blast for me...especially since I'm running my DVR into the ground watching the 2005 World Series Film over and over again. Like many of you, I recorded Comcast Sports Net's broadcast of the DVD when it first premiered. However, there were some technical difficulties with either Comcast, or my cable provider (Wide Open West), because the sound and picture were off. Not by much, but if you were to watch the film, it would almost look like an old Kung Fu movie with the lips moving and the sound running about 1 second behind.

I've already got the DVR set up for the "Sox Pride" DVD next Tuesday. I will eventually buy the actual DVD's, but for now, it's nice to get the main parts of them for free.

Also, it's really nice when I wear my Sox cap, and people who are fans of other teams take notice. I was on the "el" the other day at Midway Airport, and I saw a couple coming in from Cleveland. Once they told me where they were from and they saw my cap, there were like, "uh oh...a Chicago fan." I told them almost immedately "be careful when you say 'Chicago' fan because there are 2 teams here, and we DON'T root for both teams here. We had some good conversation about Chicago and Cleveland sports. They said some pretty interesting things about how Cleveland had been reviving since Jacobs Field, the Quicken Loans Arena (known locally as "The Q"), Cleveland Browns Stadium, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame were built. Cleveland officials want their city to be like Chicago in regards to having attractions along Lake Erie like we have along Lake Michigan. We also went into talk about where and how U.S. Cellular Field was built, and how Madison Street is the "dividing line" between the north and south sides of Chicago. They were pretty nice people, and I'm hoping they have a good time here in Chicago.

I haven't had any disgruntled Cub fans come to me out of nowhere with a "Sox Suck" or some stupid comment like that. Most of the Cub fans I've seen had some good sense about themselves, and knew that no matter how much hype the Cubs get, that won't take away from the fact the Sox are world champions. Funny thing is, I was reading on the northsidebaseball.com (a WSI-style site for Cubs fans), and there was a thread about the World Series really shouldn't be called the "World Series" because there aren't teams from all over the world competing. I snickered a little bit because I knew if the Cubs were celebrating a title this past October, there would be no such debate. I've written before about in-laws who were throwing a birthday party for their 1-year-old son getting Sox championship shirts despite being die-hard Cub fans.

This whole championship thing is so surreal. Hopefully, the Sox will keep this feeling alive next October.

Bobbo35
12-05-2005, 08:34 AM
It hit me again the other day when I was watching CNN headline news and they happened to mention the fact that Konerko resigned on their sports update. Then I changed the channel and got to see the SI advertisement for the commerative book and 3-ball set. :D:

Ya, when you see the sports illustrated commercial with the commerative book and 3-ball set being offered with the White Sox, it sets in a bit more.

mrs. hendu
12-05-2005, 09:13 AM

Wow.

I know, amazing.

I'm almost scared of the new season, I don't want anything to change.

ChiSoxLifer
12-05-2005, 01:48 PM
This weekend I finally washed my 1917 replica jersey. Since opening day, I wore it every game I watched on tv and the games I attended in Anaheim including game 5 of the ALCS. It sported a summer's worth of ketchup, hot sauce, and beverage spills. It contained all the rain it soaked up during game 5. From day 1 I felt something special about this season and didn't want to jinx it by washing my jersey. As I placed it in the washer, I just smiled and thought to myself, "What a great summer. The White Sox won the World Series."

DenverSock
12-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I sometimes find myself walking, driving, working, etc. and the thought pops in my mind: "The Sox won the series." or "The Sox are the champs." Then I smile.

I once told my daughter, aka DenverSockGirl, "you don't know what it was like to wait and wait for the Sox to win."

It's a different world.

Tekijawa
12-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Wait until you realize that we won the World Series and we Just added Thome and resigned Konerko... You'll have the perma-smile that I do!

Iwritecode
12-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I work for a company that deals with magazine substriptions. In our main entryway we have a large display of magazines. For the longest time I would walk by it and notice a certain magazine (not sure which one) that showed Pedro on the cover and said something about World Champions. I would always think to myself, "I hope I can see a magazine just like except with Burly on the cover at the end of the year."

They have since taken the old magazine down. Only problem is that I don't think we have any of the mags that have shown the Sox on the cover... :(:

Tekijawa
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I work for a company that deals with magazine substriptions. In our main entryway we have a large display of magazines. For the longest time I would walk by it and notice a certain magazine (not sure which one) that showed Pedro on the cover and said something about World Champions. I would always think to myself, "I hope I can see a magazine just like except with Burly on the cover at the end of the year."

They have since taken the old magazine down. Only problem is that I don't think we have any of the mags that have shown the Sox on the cover... :(:

What about the SI cover the week after we won with Peyton Manning and Kyle Brady on the cover and the White Sox in the upper corner? They don't have that one?:angry:

Iwritecode
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
What about the SI cover the week after we won with Peyton Manning and Kyle Brady on the cover and the White Sox in the upper corner? They don't have that one?:angry:

We're only a fulfillment house for certain magazines. A lot of the bigger ones (Time, People, SI, etc...) have in-house fulfillment. The display is only of "our" magazines.

The biggest one we have (as far as subscribers) is Highlights for Children.

cheeses_h_rice
12-05-2005, 03:40 PM
The biggest one we have (as far as subscribers) is Highlights for Children.

Maybe Highlights can make an updated version of Goofus and Gallant, with Gallant as the Sox fan and Goofus the Cubs fan in the bleachers, throwing trash onto the field.

Jerko
12-05-2005, 03:44 PM

At least we didn't get upstaged by TOM Brady!!!! Kyle I could see, but what has that Tom ever done???????? :wink:

Baby Fisk
12-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Maybe Highlights can make an updated version of Goofus and Gallant, with Gallant as the Sox fan and Goofus the Cubs fan in the bleachers, throwing trash onto the field.
:rolling: Great idea Cheeses! That would be awesome:

Goofus: Gabbing on cellphone and waving at cameras.
Gallant: Teaching the youngster beside him about baseball.

Goofus: Throws HR ball onto field.
Gallant: Gives HR ball to kid.

Goofus: Gets up four times during an inning.
Gallant: Sits the **** down while the ball is in play.

Goofus: Cares about all the people at the game.
Gallant: Cares about the game.

The possibilities are endless...

Tekijawa
12-05-2005, 03:52 PM
At least we didn't get upstaged by TOM Brady!!!! Kyle I could see, but what has that Tom ever done???????? :wink:

lol, I'm a Moron........ Long Monday!

SOXPHILE
12-05-2005, 03:55 PM

Not if TribCo. ever gets a hold of good ol' Highlights. You'd see pictures of Gallant in a Cub hat, and of course, Goofus in a Sox hat. The stories would be like:

Gallant: Goes to the baseball game in a safe neighborhood with lots of nice, friendly people
Goofus: Goes to the baseball game in a dirty, run down area, with dirty criminals.

Gallant: Sits in the stands, drinking his lemonade and eating his hotdog, talking with others around him, and to his friends on his cell phone
Goofus: Gets drunk and starts fights with people in the stands

Gallant: Always stands and sings along in his best voice with that day's celebrity when it's time for the 7th inning stretch.
Goofus: Stands up and blocks the view of those sitting behind him, and yells and swears loudly to people who ask him to sit down.

Gallant: Always leaves right after the 7th inning, to help it be easier and less crowded for the others when the game is over
Goofus: Runs out on the field in the 8th inning to try and beat up a player or an umpire

Gallant: Goes to a local establishment after the game to eat, drink and have a good time with all the new friends he made at the game
Goofus: Goes to jail

akingamongstmen
12-05-2005, 04:03 PM
It always hits me when I watch any sports on FOX and they play the clip of A.J. jumping into Big Bobby's arms as they fade out of a broadcast. I grin like an idiot EVERY SINGLE TIME. :D:

MarySwiss
12-05-2005, 05:09 PM
:rolling: Great idea Cheeses! That would be awesome:

Goofus: Gabbing on cellphone and waving at cameras.
Gallant: Teaching the youngster beside him about baseball.

Goofus: Throws HR ball onto field.
Gallant: Gives HR ball to kid.

Goofus: Gets up four times during an inning.
Gallant: Sits the **** down while the ball is in play.

Goofus: Cares about all the people at the game.
Gallant: Cares about the game.

The possibilities are endless...

Yep. And here're a couple more:

Goofus: Wears ugly blue T-shirt and stupid-looking hat.
Gallant: Wears World Series Champions T-shirt, hat, jersey, shoes, underwear, etc.

Goofus: Faces several more years of despair and degradation, at the minimum.
Gallant: Looks forward to an eight-peat, at the mimimum.

:cool:

flo-B-flo
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Don't have the DVD but, I gotta feeling I'll get them for Christmas. Been absolutely wearing out the tape with the parade and the MLB film from comcast. Almost every day I go to MLB.com and watch random games from throughout the season. After I watch the MLB film a few times I watch ALL the games I have from this year. What a ride.

DieTrying79
12-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I catch myself looking at my Sox World Series Champions magnet I affixed on an overhead cabinet at work ALL THE TIME, and then I'm just sort of sitting there in a dazed, euphoric state, grinning, as the season highlight reel plays in my mind. That bubble is usually bursted by a phone ringing, a boss yelling, or some employee wandering in with questions about OSHA specs on equipment. Sigh...

Then I get home to my makeshift Sox Shrine that continues to get bigger by the week, and crank the Post Season Sox Mix ChiSoxGirl put together for me while cooking dinner. Do the people next to me on the bus KNOW that Journey is being cranked on an Ipod?! Can they hang with the intensity?! NO! Do most know that Chicago has two baseball teams...THEY SURE DO NOW. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
12-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Then I get home to my makeshift Sox Shrine that continues to get bigger by the week, and crank the Post Season Sox Mix ChiSoxGirl put together for me while cooking dinner. Do the people next to me on the bus KNOW that Journey is being cranked on an Ipod?! Can they hang with the intensity?! NO! Do most know that Chicago has two baseball teams...THEY SURE DO NOW. :cool:

ChiSoxGirl sure knows how to put together a mix!

It hits me every morning when I turn on the light and see my 3' X 5' WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS banner I have hanging on my largest wall across from my bed.

Jerko
12-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I bought a whole bunch of World Series Champion stuff, and I still don't think I've gotten the full effect of what has happened. I see it all the time: "Chicago White Sox, 2005 World Series Champions", and it just seems like I'm imagining it or something. I went "Sox stuff shopping" the other day with my boss and I said "can you believe we're actually standing here picking out WHICH White Sox World Series stuff to buy?" I still can't get over it. It hits me anew every day.

mccoydp
12-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Cheeses,

I know what you mean. I've been watching my favorites clips from the playoffs online; I'm waiting for my World Series DVD to arrive; and I know that Santa Claus is bringing me a Sox jersey w/World Series patch.
Life is good!

North Sox Sider
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
I get the same feeling as everyone else. It just hits you and you can feel it in your throat. It slowly rises until finally you start to look around and hope no one is watching you. It seems to happen to me every other day. I have watched the World Series dvd 5 times in 2 weeks and already have watched the Sox Pride DVD twice (once at the theater and then immediately at home afterwards). It was very special last night watching the movie with almost 4,000 other sox fans that were clapping at every special moment. When Bobby Jenks came on the stage with the trophy that feeling was at it again!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

miker
12-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I went to downtown Chicago last night and in the brief five minutes I was walking from the parking garage to where I was going, I counted a half-dozen White Sox stocking caps, a Walgreens with White Sox World Series T-shirts on sale and a couple cars with White Sox or 2005 World Series flags.

Out in the 'burbs where I live, I can think of a dozen businesses that still have pro-White Sox messages in their windows or on their marquees. I still see cars with Sox logo decals or hats in the back window.

After years of being told by the "experts" Chicago was a Cub town and that "nobody" cares about the Sox, I see everything I mentioned above and I break out into this huge smile. :D:

It really happened. The White Sox, our White Sox, won the World Series.

Only thing that could make me even happier: let's do it again!

nug0hs
12-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Its finals week out here @ Western Michigan U. for all of us. I'm currently retaking an accounting class, and it has really gotten me down. I took the final on Monday, and my away message on AIM was as follows:

"No matter how poorly I do on this final, or any others this week, I know that I will always be able to look back and say WE WON THE 2005 WORLD SERIES!"

Definitely a great feeling.

MeteorsSox4367
12-07-2005, 10:21 AM
While watching the MLB World Series highlights on Comcast last night, I was still getting fired up and choked up watching it. When Pierzynski crushed the fastball from Oswalt, I was still screaming at the TV, "You damn right. You try sneaking that weak-ass fastball by him again."

I had to remind myself that this is December and not October, but I'm still getting emotional over the fact that the Sox - not the Yankees, not Boston and thank God not the Cubs - but THE SOX - won it all.

It's sinking in more and more and seems more impressive each day. I drive past the Cell every morning going to work and think again that the Sox won it all. Man, I can't wait to hear Honda announce "Your 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox."

How long til spring training?

MarySwiss
12-07-2005, 10:37 AM
I FINALLY got my World Series DVD from MLB.com, and after I watched it a couple of times, I watched the parade tape for about the 30th time. Sure enough, wobbly chin.

I'm still on that extended high, and I plan to stay on it as long as possible. Forever would be nice. :smile:

Iwritecode
12-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Am I the only one who watches the final out being made and STILL can't believe that Juan threw the ball in time? It's like every time I see it I still expect the runner to be called safe.

I've seen the replay 100 times and have even seen it in slow motion where it shows the ball in Paulies glove and the runner's foot still a few inches off the bag so I know the ump made the right call.

I guess it couldn't have ended any other way. A 1-0 win with an amazing defensive play and a very close call at first. :D:

DenverSock
12-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Am I the only one who watches the final out being made and STILL can't believe that Juan threw the ball in time? It's like every time I see it I still expect the runner to be called safe.

I've seen the replay 100 times and have even seen it in slow motion where it shows the ball in Paulies glove and the runner's foot still a few inches off the bag so I know the ump made the right call.

I guess it couldn't have ended any other way. A 1-0 win with an amazing defensive play and a very close call at first. :D:

Pinch yourself, it wasn't a dream, it just feels that way.

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

soxjim
12-07-2005, 10:37 PM
This hit me at work today. As we were putting up Christmas decorations I came across a sign I made that stated welcome to Soxtober. Also looked at pictures taken of me the day after the SOX won the World Series while I tried to work. It truly was an unforgettable season. Thank you White Sox.

rookie
12-08-2005, 12:04 AM

I agree, but I haven't been brave enough to slow it down, scared of what I might fine. Glad that the call was right.

Sometimes I'll be hanging with my sis and I'll turn to her and say out of the blue, "Can you believe we won the WORLD SERIES?!?!"

Feels great to know that I am not the only one with a growing Sox shrine, an addiction to watching the WS DVD multiple times, or lost at lunch with no Sox to read about in the paper while my coworkers discuss Laguna Beach.

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-08-2005, 08:11 AM
I am getting the DVD's for Xmas....but I have the bumper sticker on my rear window, the license plate frame (front and back), and when I'm grabbing a t shirt in the morning, I see the World Champs ones in the drawer....I see the ALCS and WS Champs hats at work in my office....I smile alot, and when I see/hear footage from the final out, I truly do get choked up.

Jurr
12-12-2005, 07:47 PM
This hit me at work today. As we were putting up Christmas decorations I came across a sign I made that stated welcome to Soxtober. Also looked at pictures taken of me the day after the SOX won the World Series while I tried to work. It truly was an unforgettable season. Thank you White Sox.
I watched the video again today, December 12, and for the first time it REALLY kicked my ass. Niagra falls. I just thought about how great it would've been to have seen this unfold with my grandfather, the guy that I used to lay on a couch with and watch Sportschannel with. Back in the days of Tim Hullett and Ron Kittle. Wow, what a moment. If you watch the DVD and see either the Game 2 walkoff scene or the clinching moment (not to mention the montage at the end)....chills.

God Bless the Sox.

flo-B-flo
12-12-2005, 10:53 PM
That Podsednik walkoff ALWAYS gets me sniffing. ALWAYS.

batmanZoSo
12-12-2005, 11:01 PM
You know I really don't think it's quite hit me yet, truly. Of course I have yet to watch the DVD or any of the Comcast showings. Nothing more than a few replays, really. I still think it might take going to opening day, back at the park finally, or seeing the rings presented to fully realize what this team did. Strange. It's just a game, right? :o::cool:

batmanZoSo
12-12-2005, 11:15 PM

I get the exact same feeling. To tell you the truth, that really threw me off in the bar. I was almost ready to switch my brain into extra inning gear or, who knows, maybe even a game 5. If you lay out that exact same hit in ten different ballgames, maybe two of them will produce an out. But that release was so quick and the ball had so much on it for such a quick release. He did beat him and it was clear when it went into Konerko's glove. That second though, I'll never forget. I just couldn't believe it was over. And talk about the play right before it? Mercy. As far as that goes, well maybe it wasn't the most awe-inspiring catch from a physical standpoint (perhaps it wasn't in the '51 Willie Mays stratosphere) but as far as magnitude for me goes--when you weigh that in to the equation-- that may be the best play I'll ever see.

Hangar18
12-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I was driving this AM to work, and it hit me again ...........
the White Sox WON the World Series :smile:
I cant describe the feeling ......... other than a warm, tingly, feeling
that enters your chest and envelopes your body ..... making you suddenly
feel Lighter-than-Air ......... its such an awesome Euphoric feeling, you try not to smile so widely, but you just do. I was in the suburbs the other nite, and wearing my SOX fleece and SOX ski-hat. A guy wearing a cub hat and cubs sweatshirt gave me a double-take. I noticed him, and his look to me wasnt one of disdain ....... but one of longing and a bit of envy. I realized my fleece had the "WS 05-Champions" patch on it, and it hit me again. That clown a year ago wouldve made some "attendance" comment,
or how that year was their "year". Now, the little blue sheep had absolutely nothing to say.......but to stare at that patch, knowing he will never see a WS on his side of town.
What a Euphoric Feeling.
The fact that the Chicago Media were so quick to Fall-Down-Running trying to laud Juan Pierre and talk about what kind of Championship caliber player he is and put out already 3 times the press than what Thome has earned being traded here, and to brush under the Rug the fact that the WHITE SOX won a trophy and it took them 88 years to do so.

The Fact remains, we are WS Champs, we did it 1st, we did it convincingly, and we did it in style. It feels great

The Racehorse
12-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I was driving this AM to work, and it hit me again ...........
the White Sox WON the World Series :smile:
I cant describe the feeling ......... other than a warm, tingly, feeling
that enters your chest and envelopes your body ..... making you suddenly
feel Lighter-than-Air ......... its such an awesome feeling, you try not to smile so widely, but you just do. The Tribune and the Media CANNOT take this away from us. Sure, they are already trying to brush this Championship under the Cub Rug and talk up Juan Pierre as the next "saviour"
who will take that other team to the promised land. But the Fact remains,
we are WS Champs, we did it 1st, we did it convincingly, and we did it in style. It feels great

I know what you mean... when it hits me, whether I'm mindlessly doing treadmill work at the gym or commuting among all these Redskin-fans out here, I literally feel
10-feet tall. :smile:

ChiSoxGirl
12-13-2005, 09:50 AM
It hits me everytime I take out one of my Christmas cards to write. For the first time ever, I made my own this year. They're World Champions Christmas cards with a bunch of pictures I took or collected throughout the playoffs and World Series in a collage on the front, with the words "Merry Christmas" written in red & green at the top of that collage. On the inside, I have a picture of Steve Perry singing with some of the players at the Ticker Tape Parade, one of whom is hoisting the trophy high above his head, and in red font I wrote, "May your Christmas and Holidays be filled with miracles and memories to last a lifetime." Even my friends who aren't Sox fans are getting this card because it's awesome... and the Cub fans are getting it as a form of rubbing it in just a little bit. :wink:

SOXPHILE
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM
It hit me again just this past Sunday. We had a bunch of family and friends over for my son's 2nd birthday party. Other then my dad and a good friend of mine who is my son's godfather, everyone else falls under the category of Cub fan or casual Cub fan. Later in the evening, my Cub fan brother in law walks over to me and hands me a present. I open it, and it's the World Series DVD. I wanted to pop it in and watch it right then and there, and my friend even got up and starting announcing that it was time for the "official screening". This of course was met by the usual groans, and "we're leaving now" 's. Heh heh heh. The party was starting to break up anyway. Later, about 10:00 p.m., after everyone had left, and everything was cleaned up, I put it in the DVD player and watched it. I sat there with this evil "my team's the World Series champs, and your team isn't" grin on my face, pumping my fist during certain highlights. Then I watched all the extras they have, like Konerko's grand slam, Scotty's walk off, and the clinchers from the ALDS, ALCS and World Series. Everything sports related- all anxieties and worries (especially those pertaining to the Cubs and they're dopey fans) are over. Everything is gravy now. My team, our team, the Chicago White Sox, are the World Series Champions !

DieTrying79
12-13-2005, 11:21 PM
My team, our team, the Chicago White Sox, are the World Series Champions !

Unbelievable, isn't it?!

I never want this feeling to end...

kitekrazy
12-13-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm over it. Just greedy for another WS or 2 or 3.

But the Colts perfect season so far has taken away some of my Sox interest for now.

DenverSock
12-14-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm over it. Just greedy for another WS or 2 or 3.

But the Colts perfect season so far has taken away some of my Sox interest for now. Please let this be the start of a new type of Whitesox fan. One who expects victory the way Yankees' fans do.

ChiSoxGirl
12-15-2005, 02:48 PM
It hit me, yet again, when I read this post (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=971258#post971258). How cool is it that our AAA affiliate is paying tribute to the World Champs for even MiLB to see and recognize?!

np1000
12-15-2005, 08:55 PM
i just got the mlb dvd, i got goose bumps......i actually enjoyed it more now than in October.....i was too freakin nervous then.......i almost cried a few times during the DVD no lie......i'm such an ass.....World champion Chicago White Sox.....boy does that sound wierd!

SoxFan76
12-15-2005, 09:40 PM
I was driving to work and the thought just popped into my head: The White Sox WON the World Series. They didn't just make it there, they freaking won and swept the thing. I just get this big smile on my face.

hawkjt
12-16-2005, 01:54 PM
It still hits me once in awhile that the sox swept the world series and went 16-1 down the stretch. This has to be the greatest finish to any season any sport outside of the miami dolphins undefeated season.

THE SOX SWEPT THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HChappasJr
12-16-2005, 02:05 PM

Wow.

It brings a smile to my face every day. I'm sure it will for the rest of my life!

IronFisk
12-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Whoa, this post could linger for a while!

Nearly two months later, and it STILL has yet to sink in all the way. Although it seemed endless during the run, when it was done, it really did go by so fast! Of course, I think all of us had our doubts - if for anything else the sad history.

That said, I'm blown away. In one fell swoop, the stigma of being a Chicago baseball fan has been utterly destroyed...well, at least for US! HAHAHA!!!

WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX...damn if we didn't do it! :bandance:

MarySwiss
12-16-2005, 03:27 PM
It just hit me again a minute ago when I opened a package from my closest childhood friend and found a Sox World Series Champions ornament inside! And when she was out here right after they clinched the Central, she brought me a Division Champions T-Shirt. What a buddy!

:D:

JC456
12-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Go to MLB.com and see all of the photos. Now that will bring out the tears. That the MLB website is honoring the WhiteSox.

I'm in heaven... I'm in heaven...:supernana:

JC456
12-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Baseball won't be the same in Chicago.

88 years.. Friggin 88 years.

To me the extra to this is putting that dang 1919 season to bed.

TomBradley72
12-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Walking through the airport in Phoenix, AZ this morning....see a guy with a WSox hat...sitting with a few other folks....I quietly say "Go White Sox...World Champs"...they all smile and point to me and say..."Damn right...Go White Sox..."....gave me goosebumps. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
12-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Whoa, this post could linger for a while!

Nearly two months later, and it STILL has yet to sink in all the way. Although it seemed endless during the run, when it was done, it really did go by so fast! Of course, I think all of us had our doubts - if for anything else the sad history.

That said, I'm blown away. In one fell swoop, the stigma of being a Chicago baseball fan has been utterly destroyed...well, at least for US! HAHAHA!!!

WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX...damn if we didn't do it! :bandance:

The ONLY thing that could make this even more appealing is....MORE COWBELL!!!! :wink:

It just hit me again when I was at the laundromat (and I hate doing laundry). Along the top border of one of the walls, Sox logos are painted besides the words "White Sox" on both sides of the wall. The thought popped into my head...Our White Sox have won the World Series! :D:

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Again this afternoon, I watched the DVD twice. It hits me hard that my Dad died at 76 and my Mom at 74. They were such big Sox fans. My Mom dying October 2004.They never in their life saw the Sox as World Champions. I have along with my wife and kids.
This is unreal.
I love this team!

santo=dorf
12-17-2005, 10:37 PM
To me, it still hasn't sunk in because I had a great feeling about this team way back in April. I'm sure it'll click next season when fans of other teams (hopefuly the Reds) talk about our White Sox as the defending champions. :smile:

TornLabrum
12-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I just sat down and watched the Sox Pride video for the first time since it came earlier this week. It hit me again as I was watching it: "Damn! We won it all!"

Wsoxmike59
12-17-2005, 11:53 PM
I know what you mean Cheeses. The night it really sunk in for me, was on Thanksgiving and the World Series DVD was premiered on Comcast.

I watched each games highlights and I can recall where I was and what I was feeling. Winning 16 of the last 17 games was quite an exhilarating ride.

I look back on all the close call years, 1959, 1964, '67, '72, '77, '83, '93, '94, and 2000. (not to mention all the bridesmaid finishes in the 50's preceding the '59 Pennant)

You figure just one of those years they could've gotten hot and won out one of those seasons. But it just wasn't to be. 2005 more than made up for all the heartache and disappointments I had experienced in my 46 years of Sox fandom.

As I sit back on a cold winters night and reflect on what transpired in 2005, I still get a warm glow and I smile from ear to ear and say, THE WHITE SOX ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS! :D:

itsnotrequired
12-17-2005, 11:57 PM
I just sat down and watched the Sox Pride video for the first time since it came earlier this week. It hit me again as I was watching it: "Damn! We won it all!"

I still don't own that DVD (:redface: ) but I did watch all the Sox playoff highlights on mlb.com today. Good times...

IronFisk
12-20-2005, 01:42 PM
:tomatoaward

Keep those good vibes a comin!

TomBradley72
12-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Again last night...pulled off of west bound I-88 at the Oasis west of Dekalb....White Sox grinder rules banners all over the place....while I'm getting a coffee...I notice a couple walk into the gift shop...like being drawn to a magnet...they go to the table with White Sox stuff on it...buy a bunch of shirts/hats...walk out beaming....guarantee this was 99% Cubs country this time last year.

MarySwiss
12-30-2005, 04:46 PM
It hit me again today because...

It's here! It finally came! And it's a thing of beauty!

My Paul Konerko World Series Champions Road Jersey. I put it on and JUST STARTED SMILING AND I CAN'T STOP!!!

Gawd, I hope this feeling never goes away! :D:

ShoelessJoeS
12-30-2005, 05:11 PM
It hit me again today because...

It's here! It finally came! And it's a thing of beauty!

My Paul Konerko World Series Champions Road Jersey. I put it on and JUST STARTED SMILING AND I CAN'T STOP!!!

Gawd, I hope this feeling never goes away! :D:
It hits me every time I look in the mirror when I'm wearing my World Series Champions hat. It is a glorious feeling, that's for certain. I agree Mary, I hope it never ends!!!

SOXPHILE
12-30-2005, 05:15 PM
It hits me everytime I get a new piece of memorabilia or attire. When I got my World Champion t-shirt, the locker room hat, the World Series field/game hat, the World Series DVD, the World Championship pennant, it hits me again and again, as if it's the first time I realize it, or it's Oct. 26 all over again. Our Chicago White Sox are the World Champions !

eastchicagosoxfan
12-30-2005, 06:57 PM
It hits me whenever I wear a world champs shirt. It hits me evrytime I think about what the Bears have a chance to do. The Sox have been there done that. It hits me anytime there's hot stove talk. The Sox are looking to repeat.

Chitown Hitmen
12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
It all just felt like a dream for me. I still re-play that game seven like everyday almost.

MarySwiss
12-30-2005, 07:01 PM
It all just felt like a dream for me. I still re-play that game seven like everyday almost.

Game seven? :?:

Chitown Hitmen
12-30-2005, 07:02 PM

Whoops lol game 4. I do play that game seven of the ALCS ssometimes.

Jerko
12-30-2005, 11:03 PM
:hawk

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv this thread. I still can't believe it, even watching the replays of the games. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Whoops lol game 4. I do play that game seven of the ALCS ssometimes. Game seven? :?:

(sorry MarySwiss :D:)

Baby Fisk
01-02-2006, 01:49 PM
After having watched the MLB DVD approx. one bazillion times and memorizing a lot of the narration, I've begun mentally supplanting some of the big moments with commentary by the Hawk. Here's Hawk calling Podsednik's walk-off HR, led in by the narrator:

"...on any given pitch..."

:hawk
"THAT BALL HIT DEEP! GET UP! STRETCH! HE LOOKS UP-- YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOAAAAAARRRD-- YES! SCOTT PODSEDNIK! SCOTT! POD! SEDNIK!"

batmanZoSo
01-02-2006, 01:51 PM

(sorry MarySwiss :D:)

In a way, that game 7 was like a dream for all of us, actually. He's right. :cool:

soxjim
01-02-2006, 02:29 PM
It hit me once again after watching game four of the World Series last night. It hit my 10 year old niece today. We heard Thunder Struck on the radio and now she can't wait to go back to the cell to see our World champion White Sox. When Don't Stop Believing comes on the radio my wife will sign along with it.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-02-2006, 04:41 PM
It hits me when I get in my car(frame, stickers, banner in window)...but it hits me more when I see it on everyone else's cars, or hats, etc.

I had goosebumps the whole time I was at Gaelic Park for the Trophy Tour. Not the trophy...the fans. Incredible.

itsnotrequired
01-02-2006, 05:30 PM
It is about to hit me right now as I am off to watch the World Series DVD...again. :bandance:

IronFisk
01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm getting deep now. Made the "pilgrimage" to Grandstand today, and just took it all in. Even took a few things for myself as well. Amazin how I just "ignored" all those "American League Champions" stuff - whoa!

soxjim
01-02-2006, 08:59 PM
It's hitting me right now as I watch the parade.

MarySwiss
01-03-2006, 12:29 PM
I just got back from a quick run to the supermarket. Of course, I was wearing my Konerko road jersey with the WS patch. So I'm wheeling my cart down an aisle, and a voice from behind says, "Wear that shirt with pride." Naturally, I turn around, and here's this woman wearing an Illinois sweatshirt. (We think 72 degrees is cold, remember.)

Turns out she's originally from Streator. I tell her I'm from Bridgeport, and for about the next half-hour or so, we just stood there cart-to-cart. talking about the season, the playoffs, the parade, all the cool stuff we bought, and we bitched about how hard it is to find Sox stuff in Arizona. We then wished each other luck on getting our hands on spring training tickets and went our separate ways, each of us with that big goofy grin on our face. (You guys know what grin I'm talking about!)

Like I said in another thread, being a Sox fan is like you're in some really special club, and wearing Sox gear is equivalent to the secret handshake.

And life is good! :D:

MarySwiss
01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
...when Borders called and told me my Sox Pride DVD was in! I was there within minutes. Can't wait to watch it!

we be jake
01-07-2006, 04:24 AM
I guess I thiuight it would never really happen in my life time--- BUT IT DID!!! We are WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!! (still) :cool: we be jake

Bobbo35
01-07-2006, 05:25 PM
I just got back from a quick run to the supermarket. Of course, I was wearing my Konerko road jersey with the WS patch. So I'm wheeling my cart down an aisle, and a voice from behind says, "Wear that shirt with pride." Naturally, I turn around, and here's this woman wearing an Illinois sweatshirt. (We think 72 degrees is cold, remember.)

Turns out she's originally from Streator. I tell her I'm from Bridgeport, and for about the next half-hour or so, we just stood there cart-to-cart. talking about the season, the playoffs, the parade, all the cool stuff we bought, and we bitched about how hard it is to find Sox stuff in Arizona. We then wished each other luck on getting our hands on spring training tickets and went our separate ways, each of us with that big goofy grin on our face. (You guys know what grin I'm talking about!)

Like I said in another thread, being a Sox fan is like you're in some really special club, and wearing Sox gear is equivalent to the secret handshake.

And life is good! :D:

I know anytime I am out or at the gym you see someone with sox gear on, you give them the nod/smile and it is like the secret handshake.