PDA

View Full Version : Farnsworth to NY or Texas

pythons007
12-02-2005, 08:02 AM
I heard this morning that NY is offering this guy a 3 year 16-19M. Once again these guys over pay for a relief pitcher. Does anyone else think this is stupid? I understand that the B.J. Ryan deal was outrageous but at least he is a closer. Comments?

Tragg
12-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Did we ink Cliff at below market value, or what? He's the economic steal of the year.

The good news is that these pitchers we might trade - Marte, El D...have signficantly increased in trade value, as they're paid so much below the current market.
And we still have a year or so for the market to get some sanity before we have to deal with our starters.
It's our fault anyway - our dominance of post season and 2/3 of the regular season caused the market to be this way.

For a team that got so "lucky" we've put a new paradigm into the baseball market. We're trend-setters.

SOecks
12-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I hope he signs with New York. I'd love to see him in the 06 and 07 playoffs late in the game so we can all watch another meltdown. He's even worse than gascan. Walk after walk after walk...then...grand slam....game. Farnsworth is my favorite.

oeo
12-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I heard this morning that NY is offering this guy a 3 year 16-19M. Once again these guys over pay for a relief pitcher. Does anyone else think this is stupid? I understand that the B.J. Ryan deal was outrageous but at least he is a closer. Comments?

Yes, it is stupid. Tell me when Kyle Farnsworth proved that he's a consistent major league pitcher. Last time I checked, he hasn't...this guy won't survive in New York at all.

pythons007
12-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Yes, it is stupid. Tell me when Kyle Farnsworth proved that he's a consistent major league pitcher. Last time I checked, he hasn't...this guy won't survive in New York at all.

Those are my exact thoughts, he proved nothing when he was with the Flubs, zero with the Tigers, and then had a decent half with the Braves (but guru Mezzoni was there). Let's see what he does with the Yanks, or even trying to pitch in Arlington. He'll set new records for homers and walks by a reliever.