PDA

View Full Version : 06' Rosters?

KRS1
12-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I know it's early and a lot is riding on S.T. but do u minor-leagueniks (Randar, Mo)think u could take a stab in the dark at the W-S, B-Ham, and Charlotte rosters for next year.

maurice
12-02-2005, 03:04 PM
It's too early to tell, but I'll ask during Spring Training. It's particularly difficult to predict who will be at B'ham v. W-S. One thing is clear, though: Charlotte should be loaded with young talent for the first time in a long time.

rdivaldi
12-02-2005, 10:26 PM
maurice is right. Sometimes players can play themselves up to another level in ST.

kwolf68
12-09-2005, 12:55 PM
It's too early to tell, but I'll ask during Spring Training. It's particularly difficult to predict who will be at B'ham v. W-S. One thing is clear, though: Charlotte should be loaded with young talent for the first time in a long time.

FINALLY!!! I live here in the Mid-Atlantic and was born in North Carolina. I am able to get to plenty of Charlotte games, but had no interest in watching them get pounded the last few years.

Expect the power numbers from players moved up from AA to increase, because as BAD of a hitters yard as is Birmingham, Knights Stadium is that good a yard for hitters. I can't wait to see what Chris Young does in AAA (assuming he doesn't take the CF job from Brian and/or Jerry Owens).

Randar68
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I can't wait to see what Chris Young does in AAA (assuming he doesn't take the CF job from Brian and/or Jerry Owens).

Or start the year back in BHam to try to build upon his strong finish before moving up to Charlotte.

kwolf68
12-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Or start the year back in BHam to try to build upon his strong finish before moving up to Charlotte.

Good idea, but I don't see it. There are some spots opened now...Brian Anderson spent some time in AAA last year and he won't be going back and Joe Borchard can't go back or we lose the option on him.

Jerry Owens is definately in AAA at least next year, but if he comes to Chicago with the big team (I could see a platoon situation with he and BA) then that leaves another spot in AAA. The Sox have a couple older minor league guys like Roosevelt Brown who will have spots in AAA, but I'm sure they are ready to get a couple of these other prospects moving on up.

I don't know if Ryan Sweeney would be a potential AAA call or not, but in looking at the numbers I'd be shocked Young started in AA unless he just stunk up the joint next spring.

KRS1
01-14-2006, 12:52 AM
This is just based on my opinion when looking at stats, age, and time spent in the minors. Given I havent seen many of these guys play I could be off, but its my list so I'll make it how it I think it is.

Charlotte
---------
CF-Owens-L (at least try him in Center)
2b-Hummel-R
3b-Fields-R
1b-Rogowski-L
DH-Gload-L (1b, corner OF)
C -Stewart-R
SS-Gonzalez-R
RF-Nanita-L
LF-Gomes-R
"""""""""""""""""""""
SP-Munoz-L
SP-Tracey-R
SP-Haeger-R
SP-Ulacia-L(FA)
SP-Lubisich-L
RP-Joshua Fields-R
RS-Malone-L
RP-Pollok-R
RS-Little-R
RP-Bentz-L
RP-Bajenaru-R
RP-Randolph-L

Birmingham
----------
SS-Valido-R
CF-Spidale-R
RF-Sweeney-L
LF-Collaro-R
1b-Hinton-L
3b-Schnurstein-R
2b-Lopez-R
C -Rosa-R
DH-Lee-R (C)
"""""""""""""""""""""""
SP-Liotta-L
SP-Broadway-R
SP-R.Rodriguez-L
SP-Phillips-L
SP-Honel-R
RS-Flores-R
RP-Ovalles-R(FA)
RP-Lamura-R
RP-Lopez-L
RP-Day-R
RP-Dizard-L
RP-Wasserman-R

W-S
---
2b-Getz-L
CF-Cunningham-R
LF-Cook-R
RF-J.Hansen-R
3b-Ricks-S
1b-Molina-R
SS-De Los Santos-R
DH-Berry-L (utility inf.)
C -Lucy-R
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
SP-Harrell-R
SP-Russell-R
SP-Lumsden-L
SP-Egbert-R
SP-Whisler-L
RP-Sabo-R
RP-Logan-L
RS-Bakker-R
RP-Hernandez-R
RP-Wing-L
RP-Lopez-R
RP-Moat-R
RP-Warpinksi-R
RP-Zaleski-R

Kannapolis
----------
2b-Johnson-L
SS-Acosta-R
CF-Tartaglia-L
LF-Smith-R
RF-Rodriguez-R
1b-Allen-L

3b-Carter-R
C -Hernandez-S
DH-Roberts-R(OF)
""""""""""""""""""""""
SP-G.Hansen-R
SP-Torres-R
SP-Richard-L
SP-Brooks-R
SP-Moviel-R
RS-Chirino-L
RP-Hurd-R
RP-Perez-R
RP-Banks-L
RP-Lemon-R
RP-Marshall-L
RP-Rote-R
RP-N.Rodriguez-L

Borderline-Derek Rodriguez, Alex Woodsen, Tim Day.

Feel free to comment, rip it apart etc..... This is also assuming Brandon and Paulino(because he's my favorite) make the squad.

Soxheads
01-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Nanita in Charlotte?

Matt Smith is already with StL to the best of my knowledge....

I dunno if Ulacia will be back.

Honel may not be ready to go.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-14-2006, 01:05 PM

Smith is with StL now.

KRS1
01-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Nanita in Charlotte?

I dunno if Ulacia will be back.

Honel may not be ready to go.

I think it's time to do with Nanita, because of his age, what we did with Daigle last year, and give him a sink or swim tester in Chalotte. I know there is the rumor that Kris had TJ surgery, but I just wont believe it until I have some solid proof of that,(other than I go to the same gym as him). When you look at what people are saying when talking about their "inside info" on Kris it just doesnt add up, like him being able to throw already. Ulacia might not be back, but I put him on there anyway. I completely forgot that Smith signed elsewhere so I'll fix that.

CleeFan101
01-15-2006, 09:45 AM
I know people dont like using the other msg board around here(soxtalk) but there is a poster there who is really close to the Barons team and works for them and knows most of their roster already.

As for Charlotte I know Josh Fields the 3B is starting there for sure... Jerry Owens most likely is too. They released Bullard so he is gone and im pretty sure they released Greg Norton too..... Should be a lot of new faces playing for the Knights this season. Borchard wont be back there either. Also Im pretty sure Diaz and Stewart were released as well as Jaimie Burke who signed with the Rangers.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Greg Norton signed with the Devil Rays I think. I could be wrong, but I know he signed with another team.

rmusacch
01-15-2006, 02:23 PM

Are the Sox so set at most of their positions that they will have top tier talent at Charlotte? I always thought the best prospects were in AA?

maurice
01-17-2006, 04:51 PM
IIRC, Cook is out of the system as well.

I have no idea where most of the middle IFers will end up. Valido should be at AA, but Getz, Gonzalez, and Lopez are still ??? to me. De Los Santos isn't a starting SS.

Are the Sox so set at most of their positions that they will have top tier talent at Charlotte? I always thought the best prospects were in AA?

Bad teams are more likely to rush prospects up to the majors. Better teams are more likely to bring them along slowly and/or have MLB players blocking the way. For example, during the second-half of last season, Anderson would have been starting for a mediocre or bad MLB team. Instead, he was blocked by Rowand, allowing KW to leave him at AAA.

BTW, at the time I posted the message you quoted, KW hadn't made any offseason trades. Since then, the projected Charlotte roster "lost" Young and maybe Haigwood. They still should have a decent crop of good to okay prospects (e.g., Owens, Fields, Rogowski, Tracey, Stewart), but the trades were a pretty big blow.

KRS1
01-17-2006, 05:04 PM
[quote=maurice]IIRC, Cook is out of the system as well. [quote]

David Cook? How did he leave, when we just drafted him in 03'?

maurice
01-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Like I said, it's just "IIRC," based on my informal notes. It's possible that I copied the info down wrong. OTOH, it's also possible that the Sox didn't want to keep a guy who was 24 at low-A ball (though he played well). I'll let you know if I can confirm.

soxfanreggie
01-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Think this will finally be the year that Baj is moved up to the Sox roster for the whole season?

SoxFan76
01-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Think this will finally be the year that Baj is moved up to the Sox roster for the whole season?

From what I've read around here, it would be best if he never steps foot on a major league mound again. He's more of a AAAA pitcher. He's smart enough to get AAA hitters out, but just doesn't have the arm for the big leagues.

Again, this is just what I've gathered from the experts around here.

maurice
01-18-2006, 07:34 PM

Maybe. He also could get traded to a team that wants him on their 25-man.

KRS1
01-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Maybe. He also could get traded to a team that wants him on their 25-man.

I'm sure ATL would give hima shot, I mean the had Chris Rietsma out there to close it for them last year. I think Baj could really stand a chance with the guys they have there now.

KRS1
01-25-2006, 05:26 PM
IIRC, Cook is out of the system as well.

Just to update this, David Cook is still in our system according to Phil Rogers.

maurice
01-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks.

CWS05
02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey does anybody know where Mike Spidale is going to be in '06? Where is he going to be for spring training? Please reply. Thanks

Joe

KRS1
02-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey does anybody know where Mike Spidale is going to be in '06? Where is he going to be for spring training? Please reply. Thanks

Joe

No one here knows any of this for sure, and wont know until after ST. This was just an attempt at an educated guess of players destinations for 06'.

CWS05
02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Alright Thanks

CWS05
02-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey do you know atleast what level(Triple A, Double A, or Single A) Mike Spidale would be playing on? Because he got hurt last year with a groin injury and a broken thumb. He doesn't seem to be on the Charlotte Knights roster, or the Birmingham Barons roster. I did see him play at Birmingham then he moved up to Charlotte and got injured. If anyone knows this please respond. Thanks

Joe

CWS05
02-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I will find out more information on Mike Spidale during the season I just dont seem him enough during the off-season. My cousin is going out with him right now so I'll try to get some more information on him and other minors if anyone want some more information.

Joe

BO1225
02-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Spidale is on the Winston-Salem roster for last season

KRS1
02-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey do you know atleast what level(Triple A, Double A, or Single A) Mike Spidale would be playing on? Because he got hurt last year with a groin injury and a broken thumb. He doesn't seem to be on the Charlotte Knights roster, or the Birmingham Barons roster. I did see him play at Birmingham then he moved up to Charlotte and got injured. If anyone knows this please respond. Thanks

Joe

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but didnt Spidale jump to Charlotte and then back to W-S never seeing Bham in 05'?

BO1225
02-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Charlotte Knights (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/clubs/index.jsp?cid=t494)04/0706/29461611737401744102253.287.273.230Winston-Salem Warthogs (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/clubs/index.jsp?cid=t580)06/2909/06391441936200838111562.321 CORRECT YOU ARE HE STARTED IN B'HAM AND WENT TO WS IN JUNE

KRS1
02-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Charlotte Knights (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/clubs/index.jsp?cid=t494)04/0706/29461611737401744102253.287.273.230Winston-Salem Warthogs (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/clubs/index.jsp?cid=t580)06/2909/06391441936200838111562.321 CORRECT YOU ARE HE STARTED IN B'HAM AND WENT TO WS IN JUNE

Did you mean Charlotte.

BO1225
02-03-2006, 04:27 PM
yup can't even answer correctly