PDA

View Full Version : Jay Checks In

DVG
12-20-2001, 05:35 AM
:moron
Did you see my column today? Boy, you scum Sox fans must feel stupid!!!! My Cubbies went out and got Moises Alou!!! While your pathetic team talks about selling name rights, the ONLY baseball team in this town goes out and guarantees a berth in next year's World Series!! Oh, isn't it delicious?? MacFail is now Mac Daddy!!! Hee, Hee! He's such a Mac Daddy!!! My Sammy finally has his backup hitter! Holy dripping Italian beef sandwich!! Harry in his heaven must be proud!!!

Now I know what you scum Sox fans will say. "Yeah, but you
ripped on Reinsdorf for going out and getting Albert Belle to pro-
tect the Antichrist back when! You did, Jay!" Ah, God. Don't you
pathetic people get it? Reinsdorf doesn't own the Cubs!!! And
he is also my sworn Arch-Enemy! You know, kind of like the way
Bugs Bunny is the sworn Arch-Enemy of Elmer Fudd!

Well, gotta go. The attendants have just done bed check and
discovered I'm missing. See you at Wrigley Field for the 2002
World Series!!!!! Tickets on sale now!! Cubbies number 1!!!
Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah Nyah!!!!!!!!!

DVG
12-20-2001, 05:40 AM
Sorry about that, guys. Jay got loose from his restraints and
beat that out before I could stop him. He's OK now. He's been
subdued. He has drool forming on his lip, a faraway gleam
in his eye and keeps babbling on about the World Series, but
I think he'll be fine.

RedPinStripes
12-20-2001, 05:48 AM
"Don't worry. i'll be a Sox fan when the Sox clinch the division in 2002. I love jumping on the band wagon.

RIGHT HERE JAY!

Viva Magglio
12-20-2001, 07:28 AM
Jay? Jay? Aren't Da Bears the No. 1 team in town right now?

cheeses_h_rice
12-20-2001, 09:03 AM
Yet another subtle pile-on job on the Sox by the Moron, big surprise.

What he fails to admit is that 2002 could see the Cubs *and* Sox both win their divisions for the first time in close to 100 years. Both teams look fairly decent, although I'd have to give the Sox the edge as far as the future goes. And the NL Central has tougher competition than the Sox do in the ALC.

Well, cheeses, if it's the same to you, I'm just waiting on one of the big-mouthed Smut Sox to step up to the plate and start insultiing me, so I can decide whose case I want to be on all year. Without David Wells, I'm a boat without an oar.

Randar68
12-20-2001, 10:45 AM
Before everyone goes on and on about Alou and McGruff hitting behind Shammy, please, let us all go back and look at McGriff and Alou's second half numbers. Alou played half his games at Ten-Run field and still, look at his second half numbers. Very ordinary....

Add this to a pitching staff who lost a veteran leader, and has basically only 2 good starters with any experience, with Bere coming back to earth, and I see a recipe for let-down, once again on the North side....where-o-where will the money come from when Lieber and Wood come up for FA in the next couple years???

harwar
12-20-2001, 11:00 AM
I think that if Alou was half the player that the cub fans think he is,then he'd be playing left field for the yankees instead of rondell white.Unless maybe,they have too much moral fiber to actually go out and get every good player available and say to hell with the rest of baseball.

cheeses_h_rice
12-20-2001, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Before everyone goes on and on about Alou and McGruff hitting behind Shammy, please, let us all go back and look at McGriff and Alou's second half numbers. Alou played half his games at Ten-Run field and still, look at his second half numbers. Very ordinary....

Add this to a pitching staff who lost a veteran leader, and has basically only 2 good starters with any experience, with Bere coming back to earth, and I see a recipe for let-down, once again on the North side....where-o-where will the money come from when Lieber and Wood come up for FA in the next couple years???

I think the Flubbie Fan thinking is, gee, we were in first place for most of 2001 with lousy hitting, so we'll DEFINITELY win the division with these additions!

Which completely ignores the fact that many, many of the Flubs' early wins were the result of off-the-chart pitching by guys like Tavarez, Bere, Fassero, etc., guys who are not likely to repeat that performance this year.

Still, the Cubs will be decent this year if they can avoid injuries.

czalgosz
12-20-2001, 11:42 AM
Well, Lieber and Wood are good pitchers, but you're right, the rest of the staff is pretty suspect. The bullpen is pretty bad - I really doubt that Tom Gordon will pitch as well in 2002 as he did in 2001.

But it's hard to deny that the Cubs will have a pretty good 3-4-5 punch. I'm not saying that that will get them instant entry into the playoffs - the Cardinals are still a pretty good team - but it's hard to deny it.

Can you imagine a Sox - Cubs World Series (not that it will happen)? God, I think that I'd puke before every game - we'd have to win that one.

I just like to picture ninth inning, game 7 - at Comiskey Park, with runners on second and third, two outs, Sox clinging to a 4-3 lead. Keith Foulke facing Sammy Sosa. Then with a 3-2 count, Foulke throws that nasty off-speed pitch, and Sammy screws himself into the ground, falling over in the batter's box trying to get it. Then Sosa gets stepped on by Mark Johnson, who's running out to the mound to hug Foulke.
The Cub fans that are struggling to the exits get swept out onto the field by the loyal Sox fans.
Mayor Daley sets off the air raid sirens.
World Series MVP Royce Clayton gives a speech thanking all the Sox fans for their undying support.
Jay Mariotti tries to get into the Sox clubhouse but is stopped by security. He is strip-searched and removed from the premises.

Sorry, just fantasizing here...

Jerry_Manuel
12-20-2001, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Can you imagine a Sox - Cubs World Series (not that it will happen)?

Czal, I can't even imagine a Sox - (Insert NL team) World Series.

czalgosz
12-20-2001, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Czal, I can't even imagine a Sox - (Insert NL team) World Series.

It's sad, but I think we're going to have to come to grips with yet another Yankees - (Insert NL team) World Series.

Iwritecode
12-20-2001, 11:56 AM
Jay Mariotti tries to get into the Sox clubhouse but is stopped by security. He is strip-searched and removed from the premises.

Sorry, just fantasizing here...

That just doesn't sound quite right...

:)

Randar68
12-20-2001, 12:07 PM
But it's hard to deny that the Cubs will have a pretty good 3-4-5 punch. I'm not saying that that will get them instant entry into the playoffs - the Cardinals are still a pretty good team - but it's hard to deny it.

Well, with a whole bunch of untested youth, and an AVERAGE, yes, you heard it here, AVERAGE 3-4-5 even with Sosa, the Cubs will again have no chance to finish ahead of either St. Louis of Houston.

St. Louis has the pitching, hitting and Defense, and Houston's got the most young studs in the NL and ample depth in the OF to fill Alou's shoes.

If McGruff and Alou play like they did in the second half last year, the Cubs' 3-4-5 is average-at-best even with Sammy. If Mueller stay healthy, he will be a help, but last year he was over his head before the injury, and proved it when he returned.

The Cubs have a decent team, but with a group of core players who are injury-prone, as usual, they are one injury away from going into the dumps.

Raise your hand if you think the 6-some of Wood, Lieber, Bere, Alou, Mueller, and McWuss will stay relatively healhty...

They will be right there if they do, but there isn't a chance in hell....IMO...

ihatethecubs
12-20-2001, 02:43 PM

Dont let Mariotti and all the idiots on the score fool you into thinking the cubs really are "world series contenders." They are hardly contenders for the wild card. I guarantee the cubs finish no better than 3rd place.

CerberusWG
12-20-2001, 02:50 PM
The Bullpen is the downfall of the Cubs this season. I can see those guys bliowing quite a few games for the Flubbies.

GASHWOUND
12-20-2001, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by DVG
Jay Screamalotti again!!!! Did you see my column today? Boy,
you scum Sox fans must feel stupid!!!! My Cubbies went out and got Moises Alou!!! While your pathetic team talks about selling
name rights, the ONLY baseball team in this town goes out and
guarantees a berth in next year's World Series!! Oh, isn't it
delicious?? MacFail is now Mac Daddy!!! Hee, Hee! He's such a
Mac Daddy!!! My Sammy finally has his backup hitter! Holy
dripping Italian beef sandwich!! Harry in his heaven must be
proud!!!

Lol, thats funny. I read that and just nodded my head in disgust. Even our "beat writer" had that stupid headline "As easy as 3.4.5 or whatever it was.
McGriff is like 39 years old! And when he got to the Flubs he didn't do crap! Why are they talking like he hit 30 HR with the sCrUBS!? They lost Van Poppel, Weathers to weaken their pen and do they actually think Bere, Taverez and the rest of the rejects are gonna have career years? They got 2 good front starters and thats it.
that guy needs to get bitch slapped.

RichH55
12-22-2001, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
"Don't worry. i'll be a Sox fan when the Sox clinch the division in 2002. I love jumping on the band wagon.

RIGHT HERE JAY!

Good Stuff man!! :D: And do we have some sort of bitch slap tag we can put on the site(mainly for dealing with the moron)?

AsInWreck
12-22-2001, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

That just doesn't sound quite right...

:)

Ha HA Ha Ha Ha

RedPinStripes
12-22-2001, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Good Stuff man!! :D: And do we have some sort of bitch slap tag we can put on the site(mainly for dealing with the moron)?

Now that's something to create, or I'll try my best to search for something that will fit the description.lol.

CubKilla
12-22-2001, 06:03 PM
Me and a few friends saw Richard Roeper (a Sox fan) at Comiskey for the first Sox-Cubs game at Comiskey in 2001. I was bombed, but Roeper was cordial enough. Now, if me and the guys I were with ran into Farrioti that night..... you would have read a story the next day about how the fans are as classless as the team..... or so Jay says.

"That would never happen. All I know of Comiskey is what I hear and what I see on TV. Wrigley is my Graceland."

Daver
12-22-2001, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow

"That would never happen. All I know of Comiskey is what I hear and what I see on TV. Wrigley is my Graceland."

He never goes to Wrigley either.
I think he is afraid the players will kick his ass.

czalgosz
12-22-2001, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by daver

He never goes to Wrigley either.
I think he is afraid the players will kick his ass.

Yep, the guy's made a living sitting behind his desk and spewing bombast. Poorly written bombast, at that. Heck, I do that every day for free!

guillen4life13
12-22-2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by DVG
Jay Screamalotti again!!!! Did you see my column today? Boy,
you scum Sox fans must feel stupid!!!! My Cubbies went out and got Moises Alou!!! While your pathetic team talks about selling
name rights, the ONLY baseball team in this town goes out and
guarantees a berth in next year's World Series!! Oh, isn't it
delicious?? MacFail is now Mac Daddy!!! Hee, Hee! He's such a
Mac Daddy!!! My Sammy finally has his backup hitter! Holy
dripping Italian beef sandwich!! Harry in his heaven must be
proud!!!

dude, you are really really stoned. and i think that stoners should go where they belong... a cubs fan site! oh wait, scratch that. they all suck, so you'd be wasting your time.

oh, and by the way, the day wrigley field hosts a world series game, the won't be a wrigley field because it's so damn old and it's falling apart.

stay where you belong, stoner.

DVG
12-22-2001, 10:28 PM
Per my ranting post: I suggest you crack out a Webster's dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "sarcasm."
And pass the bong when you're done.

RedPinStripes
12-23-2001, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by DVG
Per my ranting post: I suggest you crack out a Webster's dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "sarcasm."
And pass the bong when you're done.

lol!!!!!!!!! No arguement there.