PDA

View Full Version : Cub Board: New Sheriff in Town Today

havelj
12-01-2005, 07:25 PM
http://mb26.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=24750.topic

Palehose13
12-01-2005, 07:38 PM
I didn't know that "Sons of Ivy" existed. Very original name. So are they technically seedlings or sprouts? :cool:

DumpJerry
12-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Hello,
Nobody here knows me, because I'm just coming on. My name is James Renwick, I'm now taking over InsidetheIvy.com from Steve Holley. Steve has gotten married, he's moving onto new things. I have no ill will toward Steve

So, a Flub fan gets married and causes other Flub to alienate him and have ill will? Lordy! Someone grew up and became an adult! What next? Drinking Coke instead of beer at ballgames???

I guess this site replaces Cubsallaccess which tanked in April after three months of life trying to imitate WSI.....

BTW, gotta love the ads on the site and the pic one of posters uses for his sig....classy

Clembasbal
12-01-2005, 07:50 PM
That site is going to blow.

And to be honest, I have to go wash my eyes after reading that letter. That blue on the background is not appealing and my vision is blurred.

Soxfan35
12-01-2005, 07:57 PM
what was this "incident" they speak of? always nice laughing at pathetic cub fans

DumpJerry
12-01-2005, 08:08 PM
what was this "incident" they speak of? always nice laughing at pathetic cub fans
That guy had the gall to get married. Either that or he was caught watching the World Series instead of "This Old Cub" for the 1,000th time.

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-01-2005, 08:28 PM
im tearing because of the blue in the background. and laughing at the same time.

CaptainBallz
12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
"We have one thing that unites us all, we're Cubs fans."

Well, he shows humility at least.

soxfan26
12-01-2005, 08:50 PM
He wants to have a 'Smack Talk' forum? Good Luck with that one!

Frankfan4life
12-01-2005, 08:55 PM
im tearing because of the blue in the background. and laughing at the same time.Is it just me or does everyone have to slide the...uh... "slide bar" to see the whole post?

soxfan26
12-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Is it just me or does everyone have to slide the...uh... "slide bar" to see the whole post?

My oversized monitor sees all. :redneck

Uncle_Patrick
12-01-2005, 09:30 PM

From what I can tell, there's some soap opera between Inside the Ivy and Sons of the Ivy. Some ITI posters were having problems with the admin and mods and SOI, which is an invite-only board, start luring posters away. In response (supposedly), the admin and mods started banning posters who also posted at SOI. Last night, these banned posters apparently re-registered and let ITI know what they thought about that.

ilsox7
12-01-2005, 09:32 PM
From what I can tell, there's some soap opera between Inside the Ivy and Sons of the Ivy. Some ITI posters were having problems with the admin and mods and SOI, which is an invite-only board, start luring posters away. In response (supposedly), the admin and mods started banning posters who also posted at SOI. Last night, these banned posters apparently re-registered and let ITI know what they thought about that.

This thread is just begging for a Gary Coleman appearance.

TheDarkGundam
12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
This thread is just begging for a Gary Coleman appearance.

I believe i'll do the honors:
:whocares:

itsnotrequired
12-01-2005, 09:58 PM
im tearing because of the blue in the background. and laughing at the same time.

Egads, that color scheme is horrible.

SoxSpeed22
12-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Does anybody want to take bets on 'how long before he comes after us'?

Daver
12-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Does anybody want to take bets on 'how long before he comes after us'?

Steve Holley is a joke.

He tried to troll here back in the Rivals days as Cubfansteve, I doubt they will find much success.

cheeses_h_rice
12-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Egads, that color scheme is horrible.

http://ffmedia.ign.com/reviews/pics/mcbain.jpg

Augh! Ze goggles! Zey do nothing!

Coolpapa
12-02-2005, 03:01 AM
Steve Holley is a joke.

He tried to troll here back in the Rivals days as Cubfansteve, I doubt they will find much success.

That tool has been to a few sites. He has the IQ of a sock puppet and the social skills rivaling those of Tom Skilling on methadone.

pythons007
12-02-2005, 08:46 AM
My eyes are burning and blurred! Those colors are terrible!! Sit on that site for a couple minutes and you'll go blind.

Baby Fisk
12-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Hello,
Nobody here knows me, because I'm just coming on. My name is James Renwick, I'm now taking over InsidetheIvy.com from Steve Holley. Steve has gotten married, he's moving onto new things. I have no ill will toward Steve
So it's true what they say! Your life ends when you get married. :o:

Uncle_Patrick
12-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Steve Holley is a joke.

Apparently, a lot of the old posters on that board share that opinion, as well.

South Side Irish
12-02-2005, 09:05 AM
That tool has been to a few sites. He has the IQ of a sock puppet and the social skills rivaling those of Tom Skilling on methadone.

:o:

LMAO!!!!!

:redneck

Tekijawa
12-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Any Idea what happened over there? Sounds like it was just "frat boys being frat boys"... Makes you appreciate the MODS here a little more. I hated having to rely on the Yahoo boards, when I went on my "hunger strike" thanks guys/gals!

South Side Irish
12-02-2005, 09:42 AM
I don't know, but I can imagine. I've posted on a couple message boards with no Mods, and every time that's happened, factions develop. There is a period of tension and arguements. Then comes flat-out hatred and "war." Then everyone abandons the board. Really weird. I imagine the same happened if the had no Mods.

This is the best Moderated board I've been on. I posted at the old sports-boards.com for a couple years, and those are the only two boards where you can civilly post and disagree, and its all thanks to the mods.

Uncle_Patrick
12-02-2005, 10:05 AM
That board has mods. A lot of old posters had a problem with the mods and the admin and so they started posting elsewhere. Now its become something of a message board war.