PDA

View Full Version : If Frank signs elsewhere...

ChiSoxIn06
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
If Frank were to get healthy and sign with another team would anyone buy his new jersey? I would buy one as long as it wasnt a team that I absolutely dispised (Indians, Twins, Yanks, Red Sox). But of course he would have to keep his trademark 35.

Taliesinrk
12-01-2005, 04:39 PM
If Frank were to get healthy and sign with another team would anyone buy his new jersey? I would buy one as long as it wasnt a team that I absolutely dispised (Indians, Twins, Yanks, Red Sox). But of course he would have to keep his trademark 35.

I love Frank.. close to my love with the Sox.. but no way would I buy his jersey with another team.. because he should never be wearing another jersey.

TomBradley72
12-01-2005, 04:47 PM
No I wouldn't buy his jersey...my bet is that he ends up with either the Angels, Orioles or Twins....

WestSox
12-01-2005, 04:49 PM
No, I'd keep sporting my SOX #35 jersey. :cool:

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2005, 04:51 PM

Why would you buy his new jersey when you can support him just as well wearing a Sox jersey with 35 on it?

PorkChopExpress
12-01-2005, 04:59 PM
No I wouldn't buy his jersey...my bet is that he ends up with either the Angels, Orioles or Twins....

Could you imagine him on the Twins? It is bad enough if we actually have to say goodbye to him, but to have to see him in a Twins uniform would just make it that much worse.

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-01-2005, 05:17 PM

No. I only wear WHITE SOX colors. Always have, always will.

nodiggity59
12-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Could you imagine him on the Twins? It is bad enough if we actually have to say goodbye to him, but to have to see him in a Twins uniform would just make it that much worse.

On the plus side, when the Twins are languishing in 4th place after the break, we can trade for the big guy to help us for the stretch run. :cool:

Jamieboy
12-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Only team I would rep Frank Thomas on would be the Orioles.

RKMeibalane
12-01-2005, 05:39 PM

I think Oakland or Los Angeles is where he will end up. Both seem to be willing to give him a fulltime job, as both teams need a right-handed power hitter who can get on base, and Frank does both of these things well. Frank has always hated hitting in the Twinkie Dome, largely because the place is nothing but a huge void with a giant trash bag hanging in RF. And, because they don't have a batting cage, he can't work out between at-bats. The Angels do have a batting cage, so Frank might prefer playing there for that reason. And, Mike Scosscia respects him a great deal.

mweflen
12-01-2005, 05:54 PM
On the plus side, when the Twins are languishing in 4th place after the break, we can trade for the big guy to help us for the stretch run. :cool:

I like the sound of this :D:

Of course, I'd like it better if we just signed him to an incentive-laden deal now.

ND_Sox_Fan
12-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Frank has always hated hitting in the Twinkie Dome, largely because the place is nothing but a huge void with a giant trash bag hanging in RF.

However, as a member of the Twins, he would have the fans blowing behind him.

On the topic of the thread, I would probably buy his jersey strictly as a Frank Thomas memorabilia collector. I would never wear it.

jerry myers
12-01-2005, 07:45 PM
I would not.no way, no how. he is white sox know matter what he wears.

antitwins13
12-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't wear a Twins jersey if my Dad, Son, or Jesus played for them. End of story. (PS, I don't have a son)

Juice16
12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
No matter what jersey Frank wears, the first time I see him not in a Sox uniform I will throw up.

Taliesinrk
12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
No matter what jersey Frank wears, the first time I see him not in a Sox uniform I will throw up.

That.. or cry..

gowhitesox
12-01-2005, 08:57 PM
No I wouldn't buy his jersey with another team, as he will always be remembered being the the White Sox. He wouldn't look right wearing another teams uniform.

NonetheLoaiza
12-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I have to start this by saying this: Frank has been my favorite player since I was a little kid. The guy is good on and off the field, one of the nicest in the game.

I would probably go out and get his jersey, as long as it wasnt the Indians or Twins. I just think of it as supporting Frank, and showing that I love Frank. Not saying that not getting his jersey is doing the opposite... Also, if I were to get another team's jersey, it wouldn't mean I'm any less of a Sox fan. Good Luck wherever you go Big Frank...hopefully you dont hurt us too much...:D: