PDA

View Full Version : New Sox Wallpaper

Black Jack
12-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Everyone in the media seems to think that the Indians are going to win the division, with their all-important run differential along with our choke-job, how could they not win the division? The answer of course is that Kap'n K'nerko is back in town to do 2 things:

1) Kick some injun ass.

2) Chew bubblegum.

he's all outta gum.

itsnotrequired
12-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Everyone in the media seems to think that the Indians are going to win the division, with their all-important run differential along with our choke-job, how could they not win the division? The answer of course is that Kap'n K'nerko is back in town to do 2 things:

1) Kick some injun ass.

2) Chew bubblegum.

he's all outta gum.

:o:

Coolpapa
12-01-2005, 02:18 PM
:?:

IronFisk
12-01-2005, 02:35 PM
A line has been crossed here. Probably more than one :tsk:

Black Jack
12-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Well then, I'm sorry about that, what was the line crossed? the post or the picture? I can remove it.

To clarify, this is not intended to promote violence of any sort, it was merely intended to be a light-hearted joke. Obviously I am not advocating Paulie beating Coco Crisp to a pulp with his baseball bat, it was more of a metaphor for Paulie abusing Indians pitching. Because the rival is named the Indians, Paulie Is a Cowboy. I really do not see what could be offensive about this picture, we bash the Cubs on a day to day basis to a worse degree and the indians own logo is more offensive to "native americans" than what I posted here.

Dan Mega
12-01-2005, 03:03 PM
I think your choice of words is a tad over the edge. Not necessary.

JohnBasedowYoda
12-01-2005, 03:06 PM
i'll go out on a limb and say i like it. don't ban me

soxfanreggie
12-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I may not agree with it, but I do believe what image you have on your own personal computer is your choice.

Black Jack
12-01-2005, 03:12 PM
So the problem with the words used on the image? was it the "Slayin' Injuns in '06" or the the "Kick Injun Ass" on the post?

RallyBowl
12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
:cleo

"I see a terrible ending to this thread, mon."

Black Jack
12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
:cleo

"I see a terrible ending to this thread, mon."

I think you're right, I guess I'm headed to the Roadhouse. I never intended to offend my fellow Sox fans, I guess it was a bit too edgy for this group, sorry folks.

daveeym
12-01-2005, 03:30 PM
I think you're right, I guess I'm headed to the Roadhouse. I never intended to offend my fellow Sox fans, I guess it was a bit too edgy for this group, sorry folks. Whether it does or doesn't Pshaw, don't let the PC police get to ya. A for effort though.

itsnotrequired
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
I think you're right, I guess I'm headed to the Roadhouse. I never intended to offend my fellow Sox fans, I guess it was a bit too edgy for this group, sorry folks.

It has more to do with the policies of the board. Your wallpaper could be seen as having "political overtones". Politics are off limits here so don't be surprised if the mods shut it down. Nothing personal, just a blanket policy.

Dolly
12-01-2005, 04:07 PM
It has more to do with the policies of the board. Your wallpaper could be seen as having "political overtones". Politics are off limits here so don't be surprised if the mods shut it down. Nothing personal, just a blanket policy.I get where it might be offensive to some, but politics? :?: Sorry, I don't see that at all. I won't ask for clarification, for risk of getting anyone banned.

daveeym
12-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I get where it might be offensive to some, but politics? :?: Sorry, I don't see that at all. I won't ask for clarification, for risk of getting anyone banned. It's the PC police and wanna-be mod's looking to stir up **** instead of letting the mods handle it. Thus getting it more likely moved to the roadhouse for those reasons rather than for anything the original poster did.

itsnotrequired
12-01-2005, 04:35 PM
It's the PC police and wanna-be mod's looking to stir up **** instead of letting the mods handle it. Thus getting it more likely moved to the roadhouse for those reasons rather than for anything the original poster did.

I hope you're not referring to me. All I was doing was giving some helpful advice to a new poster, regardless of the intent/interpetation of the post.

And that's all I have to say on the manner...

whitesoxwilkes
12-01-2005, 04:37 PM
It's the PC police and wanna-be mod's looking to stir up **** instead of letting the mods handle it. Thus getting it more likely moved to the roadhouse for those reasons rather than for anything the original poster did.

Is it "edgy?" Yes. Am I offended. No. I'll leave it be, but someone else may move it.

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2005, 04:55 PM
It has more to do with the policies of the board. Your wallpaper could be seen as having "political overtones". Politics are off limits here so don't be surprised if the mods shut it down. Nothing personal, just a blanket policy.

Give me a break.

mbwhitesox
12-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Doesn't really suit my personal tastes, but I don't think it's that bad. :dunno:

He's just trying to be creative. I wish more people would make Sox wallpapers, I've had the same one up for too long now.

itsnotrequired
12-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Give me a break.

For what, helping out a new poster? I personally don't care for the wallpaper but I'm not offended or anything like that. But I can easily see how some people could be offended and that's all I was pointing out.

Blast, looks like I had more to say.:redface:

IronFisk
12-01-2005, 05:58 PM
I personally don't care for the wallpaper but I'm not offended or anything like that. But I can easily see how some people could be offended and that's all I was pointing out.

Yeah, that was my point. I'm actually not offended either, but I can see this going south quick...kinda has.

chi_guy
12-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Yeah. Some people here need an operation to get the pole removed from their backside. PC gone crazy. :(: