View Full Version : Rowand on Rome within the Hour

Mots09
12-01-2005, 01:18 PM
I will post details of interview

Mots09
12-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Recap of interview:

*Aaron was on golf course kind of like the day KW called him and broke the news

*He stated to Rome was in utter shock when he recieve the call from KW b/c he was w/ the team for so long.

*Understands that the trade was NOTHING PERSONAL at all, and takes nothing from World Series victory

*Playing hard everyday stems from his father

*When Arow went off a cliff w/ his bike rome was ripping him on his show that day. Arow said he heard the bit on his way home from rehap and was "Just pumped to be mentioned on the show."

*All other players that listen to rome repsect his point of view and is seen a the man amongst MLB players

*Nothing is going to change w/ his move to the NL

Overall i thought a quality interview. Showed what kind of man Arow really is and I wish him all the best in Philly!

Taliesinrk
12-01-2005, 06:43 PM
I really hope Aaron blows up next year... I'm talkin MVP...It was a solid move w/ Thome, just too bad we had to lose such a class act and the face of the grinders..

pappy
12-01-2005, 06:53 PM
I dont know if its really true or not....but i heard that aaron was upset about what paulie said about the Thome trade being so great......does anyone know if this is for real??

Soxzilla
12-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I dont know if its really true or not....but i heard that aaron was upset about what paulie said about the Thome trade being so great......does anyone know if this is for real??

No.

I hope both Thome AND Arow have all-star calibur years.

Vernam
12-02-2005, 01:07 AM
I dont know if its really true or not....but i heard that aaron was upset about what paulie said about the Thome trade being so great......does anyone know if this is for real??The Trib and Sun-Times stories used only the Konerko quotes where he raved about Thome joining the team. But Comcast Sportsnet played an edit from the phone conference that showed Konerko prefaced his comments about Thome with a thoughtful appreciation of Rowand. This is where he talked about calling Rowand to commiserate about how he (Konerko) could be the next one outta town. He said how much Rowand will be missed, etc.

So if Rowand is aware of the whole interview, no way he's pissed.

Vernam

mweflen
12-02-2005, 12:37 PM
I hope we meet the Phils in the WS this year and crush them despite A-Row's all star caliber performance in our 4-game sweep. :D: