PDA

View Full Version : Battles with cub fans, who are bitter in defeat!

soxinem1
12-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey all, I have been in this ongoing commentary on sportingnews.com that discusses the current ranking of Chicago's two baseball teams. I invite you to check it out, the thread has been running for a few weeks, and some of the cub morons made some real harsh statements about us ChiSox fans. If you look in the cub team report, just scroll to the column of 'Sox get to celebrate, cubs can only try again'

Here is a response I threw in about a week ago that sparked a few nerves. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did writing it:

Attendance

ChiSox +400K from previous year
cubs -70K from previous year

Wins since 1990:

ChiSox 1,343, cubs 1,215

Pennants since the Eisenhower Administration: ChiSox 2, cubs 0

World Series Championships since 1917:
ChiSox 2, cubs 0

90+ win seasons since 1945
ChiSox 13, cubs 5

Classic chokes in a playoff series since 1984:
cubs 2, ChiSox 0

Aces of the staff:

Buehrle (since 2000) 85 wins, 3.63 ERA and ALCS ERA of 1.00
Wood (since 1998) 70 wins, 3.67 ERA and NLCS ERA of 7.30

Traded for each other:

Garland 64 wins since 2000
Karchner 5 wins from 1998-2000

Juan Uribe diving into the stands catching a pop up, then completing a tough play on a grounder to clinch the ChiSox World Series win, while Moises Alou barely stretches for one, then blames it on some adult cub fan with his little league glove who's just glad to be there (then the 'world's greatest fans', so knowledgeable about baseball, turn on one of their own when they should have turned on the team!), which is then followed by Alex (who?) Gonzalez booting an easy grounder (Is there something about booting easy grounders with current and former cubs in playoff series?) to start a two day barrage of runs against what was supposedly the league's premier pitching staff, and thus extending the magic number of futility to 95 (now 97) and counting.

Plus the stigma of a homeless crack head who lives under the 'l' tracks as a mascot does a lot to teach our kids, huh? I'll take Andy the Clown or Ribbie and Rhubarb anyday!

And the list goes on and on and on.......

Inferiority? I don't think so! I LIVE FOR THIS!

THIS IS PRICELESS!!

GO WHITE SOX!

antitwins13
12-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Classic chokes in a playoff series since 1984:
cubs 2, ChiSox 0

I would consider the Sox getting swept by Seattle in 2000 a classic choke.

ilsox7
12-01-2005, 07:43 PM
And the Cubsession continues. You'd think winning it all that people would just forget about the Cub. Apparently not.

RadioheadRocks
12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
And the Cubsession continues. You'd think winning it all that people would just forget about the Cub. Apparently not.

It's just like anything else... as long as there are loud and vocal individuals on both sides it's never going to end.

Palehose13
12-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Who cares about the cubs and their fans?

The Sox are the World Series Champions!

Soxfan35
12-01-2005, 09:02 PM
It will be interesting this summer for the sox cubs series. I really can't see to many lengthy arguments going on, only need to reply to anything with 3 words. World. Series. Champions.

It's Time
12-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Living in Chicago I can assure you this rivalry is only going to get more heated and intense. I plan on avoiding the White Sox and Cubs games next year. You really need to live in our city to understand.

The White Sox have have bragging rights right now and there isn't **** the Cubs can do about it until and if they win it all. If they ever do win it, leaving the city would be a fine option.

It's Time
12-01-2005, 09:08 PM
It will be interesting this summer for the sox cubs series. I really can't see to many lengthy arguments going on, only need to reply to anything with 3 words. World. Series. Champions.

Very true. However, if they are in 1st place at the time of the inter city clash and the White Sox are not, they'll talk **** all series long. Don't be fooled into thinking the rivalry is going to be watered down. IMO, it's going to be a lot worse.

Soxfan35
12-01-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm sure it will still be intense. I've had my fair share of heated arguements over the past years but now I'll be able to just laugh it off. There will be a lot of frustrated cub fans on those 2 weekends.

CaptainBallz
12-01-2005, 09:24 PM

No words necessary at the Cell. Just point your finger at that white "2005" flag flappin in the summer breeze.

sullythered
12-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Who cares about the cubs and their fans?

The Sox are the World Series Champions!

Exactly. In the wise words of my good friend, Stuss, "The Cubs are a non-factor."

Frankfan4life
12-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Who cares about the cubs and their fans?This is all that needs to be said!

RichFitztightly
12-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I've found that in my recent dealings with Cub fans, I've felt the interaction had the same dynamic as a parent and their little kid who just went to the bathroom by themselves for the first time. There's definitely some encouragement, but a touch of condascending sarcasm at a mundane achievement. It goes kinda like this...

Cub Fan: You Sox fans just wait, the Cubs are going to be awesome next year!!! We're going to get Furcal, and Billy Wagner, even though we don't need him cause we got Ryan Dempster. And I hear we're going to trade Corey Patterson for Manny Ramirez.

Me: Really? Aw, that's just great. That would be an awesome team!!!

Cub Fan: Our bullpen is going to be awesome too. We just signed some studs.

Me: Yeah, those new guys gotta be good, they used to be on the Sox I remember. I mean, they didn't win a World Series or anything, but they're still real good. Oh, you know what too, I just heard Billy Wagner signed with somebody.

Cub Fan: With the Cubs!?

Me: Oh no, you know what... he signed with the Mets. But you still got Ryan Dempster. So you guys are set!!!

Cub Fan: Oh definitely. You just wait. We're going to kill the Sox.

Me: You know anything's possible, the Sox could get weighed down from their heavy Championship Rings.

Cub Fan: I know they'll find away to cheat.

Me: Oh yeah, probably:rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
12-02-2005, 02:20 PM

Exactly!

You would think this poster would of gotten a hint of this with his other thread.

Looks like we have a Henry Jr. now...

FarWestChicago
12-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Inferiority? I don't think so! I LIVE FOR THIS! Have you considered getting a life? It might help you with your Flubsession. :rolleyes:

ilsox7
12-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Living in Chicago I can assure you this rivalry is only going to get more heated and intense. I plan on avoiding the White Sox and Cubs games next year. You really need to live in our city to understand.

The White Sox have have bragging rights right now and there isn't **** the Cubs can do about it until and if they win it all. If they ever do win it, leaving the city would be a fine option.

I live in the city. And there is nothing better than being a good, silent winner around Cub fans who want to talk trash. It's winning with class. And it kills them if you won't get into an argument about it.

It's amazing how many people cannot figure out that if they just wear their World Champion hat or shirt, there is no other response needed.

The Critic
12-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I live in the city. And there is nothing better than being a good, silent winner around Cub fans who want to talk trash. It's winning with class. And it kills them if you won't get into an argument about it.

It's amazing how many people cannot figure out that if they just wear their World Champion hat or shirt, there is no other response needed.

I even like wearing regular, non-WS Sox gear, because then they have to remember all on their own that the Sox won the Series.
Not one word needs to be said. It's just beautiful.

ilsox7
12-02-2005, 10:00 PM
I even like wearing regular, non-WS Sox gear, because then they have to remember all on their own that the Sox won the Series.
Not one word needs to be said. It's just beautiful.

Exactly. All these people who want to go rub it in a Cub fan's face makes no sense to me. I have been enjoying the hell out of this whole ride. And trust me, when you don't even say a word to Cub fans and just go about your business, it eats them alive. So if you really need to get on their nerve, try that method. It's also classy.

FielderJones
12-02-2005, 10:24 PM

Not always true. At the pinball expo in Rosemont I had my World Champion shirt on, and a teen Cubs fan was still inspired to walk up and say "Sox suck!" I laughed and said the three words, "World. Series. Champions." No answer to that.

soxinem1
12-03-2005, 01:27 AM
It is amazing what I picked up in such a short period of time here, but you should understand why I chose my course of action.

I will assure all of you I have no obsession with the minor league team on the other side. But many of my combatants and I have been going through this for years.

My low point was 1988-89. Rumblings of relocation, bad teams. The other side was carrying on like typical flubbies. They won their division in 89 and I remember at the crosstown game game that year a sign was held up with White Sox written on a tombstone being pulled by a car that said 'Florida or bust'.

So while some of you made these negative responses towards my post, I don't think I have to ask how you would have felt (at the time, anyway) on this particular day, or if they had left for St Pete.

My philosophy was always, what comes around, goes around. But now I see a different light in a way. Let's see if the strong, silent strategy you guys employ works. I'm sure it does, but I just like ticking off these little jerks at wiggley. I don't want to rub you guys the wrong way, so we'll just quietly enjoy our great season and push for another great ride in 2006.

GO WHITE SOX!