PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see AJ Wrestling last nite?

Hangar18
12-01-2005, 12:54 PM
He was in Florida, and was in the ring, in street clothes alongside 2 hulking wrestler types. The 2 wrestlers had the Home White SOX vest jerseys on,
and the back said Champions with the #05 on it. It looked SURREAL to see the WHITE SOX getting this kind of marketing. Anyway, these guys are all in the ring and the White SOX wrestlers were announced and ready to take on some other guys, when a "bad guy" goes up to AJ and Pierzynski sucker punches him!! AJ then is seen kicking and stomping on the guy while pandemonium
ensues in the ring. Pretty wacky.

Its supposed to Air next week on the SPIKE channel on cable

Palehose13
12-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Sounds like "must-see TV". :wink:

ewokpelts
12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
typical aj

longshot7
12-01-2005, 01:49 PM
TNA Wrestling is pretty awesome, AJ not-withstanding. IMPACT (their show) airs on Spike TV every Saturday at 11pm ET. This is loads better than WWE and I hope this AJ publicity leads people to start watching IMPACT on a regular basis. It's that good.

SOXintheBURGH
12-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Maybe we can finally see the AJ vs. Mongo McMichael dream match up we have all been waiting for.

Baby Fisk
12-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Don't forget how Pierzynski stomped on Boone. He was born for pro wrestling! :cool:

Joosh
12-01-2005, 02:08 PM
This will be showing on Thursday night on TNA's Primetime Special on Spike TV.

Looking forward to seeing this.

MarySwiss
12-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Don't forget how Pierzynski stomped on Boone. He was born for pro wrestling! :cool:

Who could ever forget this? It was one of the (thousands of) highlights of the season for me. I saved the clip as a favorite and still play it now and then. :D:

oeo
12-01-2005, 02:37 PM
This will be showing on Thursday night on TNA's Primetime Special on Spike TV.

Looking forward to seeing this.

Next Thursday, I assume? What time?

CaptainJinks
12-02-2005, 09:59 AM
from press release: A.J. Pierzynski & Bobby Heenan On iMPACT! This Week
(http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/135458363.shtml)

"The highlights from Pierzynski and Heenan's TNA Wrestling appearance will air Thursday, December 8, during a one-hour prime-time "iMPACT!" wrestling show on SPIKE-TV, starting at 10 p.m. ET".

It was an interesting read. More Sox related highlights:

"Dale Torborg, one of the White Sox strength and conditioning coaches and himself a former professional wrestler, also was present, along with pro wrestling legend Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Torborg is the son of former major league player/coach/manager Jeff Torborg, now a broadcaster for FOX-TV."

"Pierzynski is not the lone member of the World Series champion White Sox who is a longtime pro wrestling fan. Teammate Chris Widger attended numerous shows in the late-1990s and early-2000s near his East Coast home for now-defunct World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and has worn pro wrestling t-shirts under his baseball uniform for years".

I haven't watched any pro wrestling in years and years, but I caught a promo for this on Spike last night. Watching these wrestlers launch themselves, vault and tumble around the ring really opened my eyes to how much the spectacle has evolved since I tuned in as a youth on Saturday mornings to see Bobby "the Brain" Heenan, Baron von Rashke, Andre the Giant, Verne Gagne et al...

soxfanreggie
12-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Kick ass...I hope he doesn't turn into a Rodman or Karl Malone...but AJ and Widge...tag team champions? Would be nice to have the belts to go along with their rings :D:

Shorty1983
12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I would love to see A.J body slam Torri Hunter to the canvas.:o:

Theanticub
12-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Kick ass...I hope he doesn't turn into a Rodman or Karl Malone...but AJ and Widge...tag team champions? Would be nice to have the belts to go along with their rings :D:

I dunno...I think I would like to see AJ and Iguchi as a tag team. I mean that is the best of both worlds. Gooch can pull some (my wrestling is a bit out of date) ray mysterio on everyone, while AJ can do a "shut you're mouth jabroney." Classic...just classic.

Fenway
12-02-2005, 03:15 PM
White Sox do "TNA Wrestling"
Red Sox do "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"

http://www.tlavideo.com/images/catalog_gaybase/214951.jpg

I have to ponder what this means :?:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/wrestling/13312135.htm

World series champion catcher A.J. Pierzynski of the Chicago White Sox found himself in the middle of a brawl Tuesday, Nov. 29 in Orlando, Fla., when he attended a TV taping for TNA Wrestling's iMPACT!, which airs every Saturday night on SPIKE-TV (11 p.m. EST).

Pierzynski, a longtime pro wrestling fan, was there to present White Sox memorabilia including numerous team-signed items to The Phenomenal A.J. Styles, Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt -- three of the top wrestlers of TNA's electrifying, death-defying X-Division, a group of amazingly-talented wrestlers who have no fear, no limit and no boundaries.

JohnBasedowYoda
12-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Who could ever forget this? It was one of the (thousands of) highlights of the season for me. I saved the clip as a favorite and still play it now and then. :D:

i love how aj looks back to make sure he nailed him good

spiffie
12-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I dunno...I think I would like to see AJ and Iguchi as a tag team. I mean that is the best of both worlds. Gooch can pull some (my wrestling is a bit out of date) ray mysterio on everyone, while AJ can do a "shut you're mouth jabroney." Classic...just classic.
Oh come on, Gooch is Japanese, which in wrestling means three things:
1. lots of kicking and martial arts thrusts
2. ceremonial salt
3. Green Mist

CanBuehrleWait
12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Oh come on, Gooch is Japanese, which in wrestling means three things:
1. lots of kicking and martial arts thrusts
2. ceremonial salt
3. Green Mist

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cc/TajiriGreenMistViscera.jpg/230px-TajiriGreenMistViscera.jpg"AND TADAHITO MISTS HUNTER AS HE'S ROUNDING SECOND!!!!!":o:

soxfanatlanta
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
You would think after playing ball in SF, he would be tired of working with roid-raged athletes.

Hey-ooooo!!!

:wink:

getonbckthr
12-02-2005, 11:16 PM
You would think after playing ball in SF, he would be tired of working with roid-raged athletes.

Hey-ooooo!!!

Funny but uncalled for.

FedEx227
12-02-2005, 11:39 PM
ya especially after Eddie Guerrero died for reasons most-likely attached to steroid use.

anyway though, TNA is a great show, light years better than any WWF/E show in the past 4-5 years. AJ Styles is worth every second you watch of TNA, he does amazing things in the ring. I can't wait to see big AJ.

FarWestChicago
12-02-2005, 11:49 PM

Hey-ooooo!!!

Wrong side of the Bay. Oakland is the Mecca of 'Roids.

getonbckthr
12-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Wrong side of the Bay. Oakland is the Mecca of 'Roids.
I think it was in reference to Bonds