PDA

View Full Version : Never too early to plan 06 SOX Roadtrips

Hangar18
12-01-2005, 10:49 AM
One of my buddies wants to see the SOX at Pittsburgh next year, i'll probably do it. I know for sure ........ were heading to CINCINNATI to play the historic Reds. (wondering when the media hype machine will shift into overdrive for this series) I also think a trip to LA in April may be in order also, will be good to see some of our west-coast brothers like Longshot, Patbooyah, The Bull etc

Hangar18
12-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Any word yet if the SOX will be playing an exhibition against the Brewers again next year??

thepaulbowski
12-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Any word yet if the SOX will be playing an exhibition against the Brewers again next year??

I though I saw something about them playing the Braves in an exhibition game.

Sox35th
12-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I've been to Toronto the past two year......Toronto is a great place in the summer......It's a great trip!!

ChiSoxGirl
12-01-2005, 11:08 AM

No exhibition games against the Brewers this year, Henry. I think this thread was brought up when you were offline for a couple weeks, but the Sox will be going down to Turner Field to play a couple exhibition games before Opening Night on April 2.

antitwins13
12-01-2005, 11:09 AM
I will be in KC for the Sox road opener in April. KC has a beautiful park and great BBQ. I highly recommend it.

kjkobs
12-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I'd like to make the weekend trip to Baltimore in July. Plus, the Phillies are at home that weekend so it would be a short trek from Camden Yards to see Rowand in Philly.

Martinigirl
12-01-2005, 12:02 PM
I've been to Toronto the past two year......Toronto is a great place in the summer......It's a great trip!!

I think I am going up to Toronto this year. I was in Boston last August and was going to try to do it again, but I just can't do it that weekend. So I have always wanted to go to Toronto, and I can think of no better reason than to see the Sox play the Jays.

mjharrison72
12-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I highly recommend Camden Yards... what a beautiful ballpark.

HITMEN OF 77
12-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Come on out west. You can either miss 3-4 days of work and go to the Sox games in Seattle in late April M-W or come to the series in late September for along weekend and see the 4 game set.

Baby Fisk
12-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm going to try and drag my buddy (Tigers fan) down to Comerica Park again.

Palehose13
12-01-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm probably looking to go somewhere in July. I was thinking Baltimore.

ChiFabulous1
12-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Ive got a vacation home near Clearwater Fl so I'm going to catch the series against the Rays.

C-Dawg
12-01-2005, 01:02 PM
........ were heading to CINCINNATI to play the historic Reds.

I'm there for sure. Been meaning to check out the new park there but couldn't find the time since it opened (did make it to Riverfront twice however).

It'll be weird rooting against the Reds! Born and raised there, they still occupy a spot on my top-5 favorites; maybe 2nd favorite after the Sox.

LauraJ14
12-01-2005, 01:13 PM
My sister and I were planning on going to Cincinnati to see the Sox and the Reds, but that may be changing to Philly and Pittsburgh now.

pdimas
12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
The guy who has season tickets next to my dad and I is from Cincinnati (he drives to Chicago every weekend to catch the Sox and during the playoffs he would come down watch the game then head back right after due to 7am meetings) has invited us to come to Cincinnati this year to watch the Sox and to tailgate. So I know we are going there for sure. Let me know if you are going Henry and you would be more than welcome to drive down with us. You know my dad is gonna keep the beer flowing.

MeteorsSox4367
12-01-2005, 01:27 PM
While the SkyDome or Rogers Centre or whatever it's called lacks ambience, the city of Toronto is beautiful. The people are friendly and if you like hockey, seeing the Hockey Hall of Fame and the Stanley Cup is something you'll never forget.

As for Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, both parks are worth checking out. PNC Park is a great venue for baseball and you can also see Maz's Wall and what's left from Forbes Field on the Pitt campus. GreatAmerican Ballpark in Cincy is also a great place to watch a game and the setting right by the Ohio River and neighboring Kentucky is pretty cool.

This summer's Sox-Pirates matchup at PNC is probably the closest I'll ever come to seeing my dream World Series take place.

longshot7
12-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Right now, I'm down for the Pittsburgh series - I'm hoping I can make it to the Houston at home series before and then the Wrigley series. I gotta start saving my pennies now tho.......

and we'll definitely be partying Apr 28-30 and Sept 11-13 in Anaheim. Everyone is invited!!!!

D. TODD
12-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I am looking at Cincy, Pittsburgh, and Toronto right now. I will defiantly make two of them, hopefully I can work in all three. This year I was limited to just one trip. It was a good one though as the Sox swept at Camden Yards!:D:

manders_01
12-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm thinking about LA in April too! :bandance: :bandance:

Realist
12-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I was planning on going to New York this year right after the All-Star break, but I've got an old flame in Baltimore that I'm thinking about contacting and she lives in Baltimore now, so that may be my destination.

Baby Fisk
12-01-2005, 02:04 PM
While the SkyDome or Rogers Centre or whatever it's called lacks ambience, the city of Toronto is beautiful. The people are friendly and if you like hockey, seeing the Hockey Hall of Fame and the Stanley Cup is something you'll never forget.

Some of you posters are doing such a good promotional job that I really can't add anything about Toronto, other than: you'll LOVE the beer! :cheers:

Realist
12-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Some of you posters are doing such a good promotional job that I really can't add anything about Toronto, other than: you'll LOVE the beer! :cheers:

I've wanted to come to Toronto for years, but from what I've heard, I'd probably never leave.

Hangar18
12-01-2005, 02:23 PM
The guy who has season tickets next to my dad and I is from Cincinnati (he drives to Chicago every weekend to catch the Sox and during the playoffs he would come down watch the game then head back right after due to 7am meetings) has invited us to come to Cincinnati this year to watch the Sox and to tailgate. So I know we are going there for sure. Let me know if you are going Henry and you would be more than welcome to drive down with us. You know my dad is gonna keep the beer flowing.

Man, I am down with this. Count me in !

MeteorsSox4367
12-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah. Love the beer in Toronto. Something about watching a ballgame (granted, it was the Jays and the Mariners) and enjoying a cold Labatt's Blue. Is Gretzky's restaurant still open? Good food, awesome hockey memorabilia.

Another cool thing about Toronto was seeing Maple Leaf Gardens. If you remember when the Hawks were good and miss Chicago Stadium, just walking around the outside of Maple Leaf Gardens is way cool.
By the way, although my doctor wouldn't encourage it, try the Tim Horton's doughnuts. Something cool about sitting in a hotel room in Toronto watching a CFL game on TSN, drinking Labatt's and enjoying a chocolate doughnut from Tim Horton's.

DJ, I love Canadian beer and junk food. Labatt's and doughnuts, yes!!!

Soxfan35
12-01-2005, 02:51 PM
I will be in the Nati for the series vs the reds. I went to college in OHio, so I got plenty of Reds fan friends around there, so it should be a fun weekend.

Taliesinrk
12-01-2005, 03:07 PM
YEP!!! Cincy's a go (at least one, if not two).. plus after the game I'll probably head over to newport on the levy (pretty fun, esepcially for the over 21 crowd). Also, if you're looking for a good place to eat, there are a couple nice retaurants just a couple blocks from the stadium in cincy (Rock Bottom Grill etc.)

dividedsk717
12-01-2005, 03:52 PM
I'll make it to two, if not all three, of the Reds games this year. We usually make 2 to 3 trips to Cincy every year anyway, so it works out nice. Beautiful ball park ... I recommend the Skyline chili dogs and the Red Leg Ale. :gulp:

The Wimperoo
12-01-2005, 04:16 PM
I'm looking at heading out to Seattle in April for the week when the Sox are out there.

robertks61
12-01-2005, 04:54 PM
In Cincinnati I'll buy a round!

MasQbellesa
12-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Yes....come to California! We'd love to have you join us at Anaheim Stadium!

We'll plan a FLYING SOX party!

And NO! It's not too early to start planning. I'm getting married next year and I've scheduled my wedding for late summer since my future husband is a "non-believer". This way i can schedule some trips with some girlfriends to see my team play before the big day.

maurice
12-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Cincy and Tucson for sure. Other possibilities:
Late March - Atlanta
April - Detroit (plus Charlotte in Toledo & Columbus)
June - Pittsburgh (plus Charlotte in Columbus & Toledo, & Kannapolis in WV)
September - Minny or KC.

I posted some other potential minor-league roadtrips in the appropriate forum. Charlotte (Sox AAA) plays several road games within driving distance of the Chicago area, including games in Indy and Louisville.

bobwsx
12-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I was thinking Detroit April 10th(Tigers home opener)

ChiSoxLifer
12-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I'll catch them in Anaheim as I always do. It's only a 1 to 4 hour drive depending on traffic. :(:

I wouldn't mind catching them up in Oakland, but I hear that area is pretty ghetto. Maybe I'll run into MC Hammer. :bandance: You can't touch this!

DieTrying79
12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
The team isn't coming to Oakland until September which is WAAYYY too long to wait. They're in Seattle and LA in April, so I'd like to road trip to take in a series. I've been to Safeco, so I'd like to see them in the "Big A" for a couple of reasons. One, it's a new stadium to check out, and two, and most importantly, I want to see where we swept three games from them in the ALCS to send them packin' for home and us packin' for Houston! It would be really awesome to meet up with some WSI'ers down there as well. There's a bunch of you in the LA/So. Cal area...

delben91
12-01-2005, 10:23 PM
I'll be at all the games in Baltimore and NYC against the Yankees. Add in at least 2 trips to Chicago (maybe 3?? :smile: ) and that might be all for me. Everything's a roadtrip for Sox fans in Jersey.

I'd love to see PNC Park though...so I might have to swing by Pittsburgh...:redface:

WagMan
12-01-2005, 10:28 PM
The only road trip I've got on the books for 2006 (so far) is to Pittsburgh. But, checking the schedule, the Sox are in Pitt on June 27, 28, 29 and then the Phillies are playing at home the following Monday, July 4th. Might be a nice time to go and visit ARow!

MiamiSpartan
12-01-2005, 10:47 PM
I definately plan on driving over to Tampa to see a couple of games this year!

goofymsfan
12-02-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm looking at heading out to Seattle in April for the week when the Sox are out there.

There are a few of us that live in the Seattle area, maybe we could plan something of a get together.

WikdChiSoxFan
12-02-2005, 03:02 AM
I'll be in Montreal for a bit...catch a game or two against the Expos.

TheKittle
12-02-2005, 09:56 PM
If any of you want tixs in Anaheim for that April series, let me know. A buddy has Angels season tixs and he can order tixs for other games before they go on sale to the general public.

goofymsfan
12-02-2005, 09:59 PM
If any of you want tixs in Anaheim for that April series, let me know. A buddy has Angels season tixs and he can order tixs for other games before they go on sale to the general public.

I've got Mariners Season Tickets and can do the same for the Seattle games.

CanBuehrleWait
12-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Everything said about Toronto is true. It is eerily similar to Chicago in many ways (nightlife, scene, arts etc)

That aside memorial day weekend the Sox play a 3 game stint in Toronto and go to Cleveland for 4. Which gameplans oh so nice. Head up to Toronto, stop by Niagara Falls , catch a Sox game, drive down to Cleveland , catch another game, hit up Cedar Point and head back home. Hey have to go through Cleveland to get there anyways. Oh Toronto isn't a bad place to get some Cubans either.
http://www.cuban-cigar-lifestyle.com/images/che301s.jpg:redneck:redface:

krohnjw
12-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I'll be at the 2 Atlanta Exhbitions games, the Baltimore series in Baltimore, and the 1 Cubs-Sox game at US Cellular (thanks to a friend's ticket package).