PDA

View Full Version : Bonds reaches his decision

Jjav829
12-19-2001, 06:45 PM
He will accept arbitration and be a Giant for one more year.

Daver
12-19-2001, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
He will accept arbitration and be a Giant for one more year.

Thats 2 in one day,I guess it really sucks to be a FA this year.

Jjav829
12-19-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by daver

Thats 2 in one day,I guess it really sucks to be a FA this year.

Yeah no kidding. I guess many people looked at Boone's career year as just that. Didn't seem like there was much interest for him. And with Bonds being a Boras client, plus a clubhouse cancer, he has two strikes against him.

cheeses_h_rice
12-19-2001, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

Yeah no kidding. I guess many people looked at Boone's career year as just that. Didn't seem like there was much interest for him. And with Bonds being a Boras client, plus a clubhouse cancer, he has two strikes against him.

:payrod

Ha ha, Barry! At least I got mine!!!

Chisox_cali
12-19-2001, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

:payrod

Ha ha, Barry! At least I got mine!!!

Dont forget about Giambi

czalgosz
12-19-2001, 07:14 PM
This is huge... Bonds getting not so much as a nibble on the FA market. I wonder if the owners know something we don't.

Daver
12-19-2001, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
This is huge... Bonds getting not so much as a nibble on the FA market. I wonder if the owners know something we don't.

Are you suggesting that the owners are guilty of collusion?

Would they be that stupid again?

Once bitten,twice shy.

Jerry_Manuel
12-19-2001, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by daver
Are you suggesting that the owners are guilty of collusion?

Would they be that stupid again?

Once bitten,twice shy.

Bonds wanted 5 years at 20 million per. I can see why nobody would give him that.

kermittheefrog
12-19-2001, 07:28 PM
Maybe management is just getting smarter across baseball and tired of handing out long contracts just to get burned.

GASHWOUND
12-19-2001, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Bonds wanted 5 years at 20 million per. I can see why nobody would give him that.

I saw BorASS on ESPN news and he was talking about his top 3 FA, Damon, park, and Bonds. He said years wasn't the issue wih Bonds(suuuure it wasn't) Nobody seems to be pursuing any of these guys, maybe the baseball teams are trying to send a mention to Boras?

MattSharp
12-19-2001, 09:13 PM
I think that Bonds is old, and people are thinking fluke season, even though that sounds lame. I wouldn't sign that guy for 5 years. He onlys got 1-2 good ones left.

CLR01
12-19-2001, 09:21 PM
LOL, i love it, poor FA's. Hopefully the owners have wised up and will learn to laugh in the face of the FA asking for the moon and the stars. If this keeps up i smell a player strike coming on.

GASHWOUND
12-19-2001, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
LOL, i love it, poor FA's. Hopefully the owners have wised up and will learn to laugh in the face of the FA asking for the moon and the stars. If this keeps up i smell a player strike coming on.

I agree, Boone gave up and agreed to arb. and Bonds gave in. Poor fellas,lol