PDA

View Full Version : Question about the other free agents

WCCMIKE
12-01-2005, 12:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew what's taking kenny so long to sign Garland and AJ or are they testing the market:?:

kevin57
12-01-2005, 12:12 AM
They're not FA's. They're up for arbitration. Now, it might be nice, a good strategy to lock them in, but not necessary. Plus, hell, between the Rowand trade and signing Konerko, I'm surprised KW has had time to go to the bathroom!

WCCMIKE
12-01-2005, 12:23 AM
They're not FA's. They're up for arbitration. Now, it might be nice, a good strategy to lock them in, but not necessary. Plus, hell, between the Rowand trade and signing Konerko, I'm surprised KW has had time to go to the bathroom!Lol good point but like you said i really think locking up these two is key to repeating:smile:

voodoochile
12-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Lol good point but like you said i really think locking up these two is key to repeating:smile:

They cannot lose their services. The worst that can happen is the case goes to the arbitor who after listening to both sides picks one of the offers and the two parties have to abide by the ruling and sign that contract.

It doesn't happen often and I expect to see AJ sign a multi-year deal in the area of 3 years/$15M. Garland may push it another year to see if he can crack the big bank in his first FA contract, but if not, he will probably sign a deal similar to Buehrle's final RFA contract which Buehrle is still signed to.

In either case, both of those players will be back next year unless KW seriously screws up the paperwork...