PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT--JR reaches NEW LOW

MaggPipes
12-19-2001, 05:06 PM
I was watching PTI (Pardon the Interuption) on Espn and the say the sox are going to sell the naming rights to New Comiskey Park...aparrently it is going to be...get this....Household Filed....BLUCK!

Cheryl
12-19-2001, 05:15 PM
Household Field, you mean. There's already a thread about it.

Spiff
12-19-2001, 05:33 PM
It makes no difference to me what they call the place. Though Household Field does sound kinda stupid. Nothing JR does surprises me.

Jerry_Manuel
12-19-2001, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
It makes no difference to me what they call the place. Though Household Field does sound kinda stupid. Nothing JR does surprises me.

He's using the money to pay for the 3rd phase of the renovations.

ihatethecubs
12-19-2001, 08:48 PM
it could be worse. last year yahoo was interested. could you imagine yahoo field?

FarWestChicago
12-19-2001, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
it could be worse. last year yahoo was interested. could you imagine yahoo field? It would make the @yahoo.com email addresses seem cooler.

Daver
12-19-2001, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
It would make the @yahoo.com email addresses seem cooler.

Not really.

Yahoo feild would suck no matter how you slice it.

:nancy

Welcome to Yahoo Feild everybody!

FarWestChicago
12-19-2001, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by daver

Not really.

Yahoo feild would suck no matter how you slice it.
Sorry, inappropriate use of color again. I fixed it. :smile:

voodoochile
12-19-2001, 10:34 PM
As long as they don't see the naming rights to Wrigley Gum, I don't care what they call it...

Jjav829
12-19-2001, 11:11 PM
I disagree about Yahoo Field. I think that would be a great name.... for Wrigley to be renamed.

FarWestChicago
12-19-2001, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I disagree about Yahoo Field. I think that would be a great name.... for Wrigley to be renamed. Very good point! :smile:

RedPinStripes
12-20-2001, 01:42 AM
Jerry did sell out to them a little last year. Remember whenever a homer was hit after the fireworks they would play a small part of the yahoo comercial? Does it surprise anyone that Jerry is going to get someone to pay for the park he never bought in the first place? Hey, whatever it takes. Hopefully the third phase of construction will help fill the place up. To me, the real comiskey has been gone for 11 years. They should have named this Veeck Field.

:reinsy
"Take it easy! I'm saving money.You know this will help me get all the high priced free agents we need to get to the series right?

FarWestChicago
12-20-2001, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
You know this will help me get all the high priced free agents we need to get to the series right? That's a 5 yard penalty. Teal is the official color for sarcasm. :smile:

RedPinStripes
12-20-2001, 01:48 AM
That's a 5 yard penalty. Teal is the official color for sarcasm. :smile:

LOL!

CLR01
12-20-2001, 01:54 AM
That's a 5 yard penalty. Teal is the official color for sarcasm. :smile:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. darkblue is the official sarcasim color.

FarWestChicago
12-20-2001, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. darkblue is the official sarcasim color. Stow it Fish Boy. :smile:

RedPinStripes
12-20-2001, 02:47 AM
Blue, dark blue, pink, green. I got my point accross with any different color. :gulp:

Nellie_Fox
12-20-2001, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
They should have named this Veeck Field.
Sorry, but I would oppose naming the place after a life-long Cubs fan. After he sold the team he spent the rest of his life hanging in the bleachers at Wrigley. He helped plant the ivy there and never was a real White Sox fan. The only good thing he ever did was that every time he owned the club he actually put white socks back in the uniform.

RedPinStripes
12-20-2001, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Sorry, but I would oppose naming the place after a life-long Cubs fan. After he sold the team he spent the rest of his life hanging in the bleachers at Wrigley. He helped plant the ivy there and never was a real White Sox fan. The only good thing he ever did was that every time he owned the club he actually put white socks back in the uniform.

OK. I'll agree with you then. I don't think the new park should have been named Comiskey though.

Cheryl
12-20-2001, 10:32 AM
I just can't get worked up over this one, as I never call it anything anyway. It's the ballpark. When I tell someone I'm going to a game, it's "I'm going to the ballpark." It's not like anyone I know thinks I'm going to that other one.

RichH55
12-22-2001, 07:14 AM
Well I'm in favor of renaming the Park.....Basically the economics behind stuff like this are if one club does it most will follow suit, so the net effect is that every team is equal until you factor in the better/richer/more marketable teams will get more money and thus be able to exploit their advantages even more. I don't mind the parks being renamed, I just hope the game will outlaw ads on players sooner rather than later...Royce Clayton with an ad for Baskin Robbins on his back scares me

:hitless
Hey don't talk unless you've tried all 31 flavors like me!