PDA

View Full Version : Will You Tune In To Wscr The Score?

TONY23
11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Now that the SOX will be on WSCR, Will you tune them in? I can't stand them guys anyways, I wont

doublem23
11-30-2005, 08:06 PM
I will for Sox games and the pre- and post-game shows, but probably nothing else. Sports talk on the radio is already difficult enough for me to listen to, but the Score is exceptionally bad.

duke of dorwood
11-30-2005, 08:44 PM
I dont plan to for ANYTHING unless its a desperate situation-I just hear in my head over & over all the Sox ridicule that went on forever on that station-with most of the same bashers still there

It's Time
11-30-2005, 08:55 PM
I dont plan to for ANYTHING unless its a desperate situation-I just hear in my head over & over all the Sox ridicule that went on forever on that station-with most of the same bashers still there

It's a White Sox love fest on the Score these days. They pump them up at every turn.

The Critic
11-30-2005, 09:03 PM
It's a White Sox love fest on the Score these days. They pump them up at every turn.

The power of the internal memo.
:D:

I'll listen to games when I'm in the car, unless North has anything to do with the game broadcast.
At home? No. It's the TV or nothing.
The only time I EVER listen to the Score these days is overnights to hear the hyper-imbecilic callers to Kevin Wheeler's show. I don't know where they grow those people, but the stupidity is amazing.
I tried listening to the Score when they first went on-air, but I soon learned that there's nothing on that station I want to waste my time with.

Taz
12-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Only for the Sox games... While I'm stuck in traffic...

elrod
12-01-2005, 12:59 AM
I honestly loved listening to the Score in the playoffs. Mulligan was the biggest booster you could ask for. Frankly, it was better than MJ&H most of the time.

Soxfan35
12-01-2005, 01:21 AM
I've tried listening to the score, but i just cant. boers and bernstein are awful. mike north used to MC our hockey banquets in HS, he wasn't funny then, and he's not funny now. I'll still with ESPN for my commute drive sports talk, but obviously i'll be listening to the score for the games.

MUsoxfan
12-01-2005, 01:30 AM
I'll always tune in for Sox games if I'm in the car. However with my newly purchased satellite radio, I don't have much need for terrestrial radio unless the Sox are on or if I want to listen to a local non-sports talk show

Soxfan35
12-01-2005, 01:37 AM
I'll always tune in for Sox games if I'm in the car. However with my newly purchased satellite radio, I don't have much need for terrestrial radio unless the Sox are on or if I want to listen to a local non-sports talk show

I am thinking about making the switch as well. Does XM or Sirius have better overall sporst coverage? Like I know XM has baseball, and sirious has other sports. But I mean sports talk radio wise.

MUsoxfan
12-01-2005, 01:41 AM
I am thinking about making the switch as well. Does XM or Sirius have better overall sporst coverage? Like I know XM has baseball, and sirious has other sports. But I mean sports talk radio wise.

I'm pleased with the sports coverage of Sirius. They have several good talk shows....a couple ESPN channels and some other stuff. Plus NFL, NBA, NHL and alot of good college teams for football and basketball

KruseControl04
12-01-2005, 02:00 AM
The only time I EVER listen to the Score these days is overnights to hear the hyper-imbecilic callers to Kevin Wheeler's show.

An interesting side note: Kevin Wheeler was an assistant coach when I played freshman baseball at Grayslake High school... We sucked. It probably wasn't because of his coaching though.

MsSoxVixen22
12-01-2005, 09:13 AM
While I'm at work and wanna listen to the Sox games, I probably will but that's it. I'm not a big fan of the Score or Murph.

SoxFan78
12-01-2005, 10:14 AM
I will be listening to the Score. Actually Im listening to it streaming right now. I just turn it off when Cubbie Loving Murph is on the air. Other then that, its a nice Chicago radio station.

It's Time
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Other then that, its a nice Chicago radio station.

:roflmao:

buehrle4cy05
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
I'll have it on for games, and pre and post stuff. I think that it's (the pregame, postgame, and actual game) fine, I just wish that Willsy was doing something with the Score.

johnr1note
12-01-2005, 10:42 AM

XM has an exclusive deal with MLB that is pretty cool. You have MLB "Homplate" radio, which is baseball talk 24/7, 365. Some of that gets a little old at times, but when your in the hot stove, like we are now, its pretty interesting. Plus, during the season, you get all the home radio broadcasts of every MLB team. So, when the Sox were on the road this year, I got to listen to their games as they were broadcast in the other team's city. So at least for those games, you wouldn't have to listen to Farmer and Rooney's Replacement. (Maybe we could just call whoever they plug in that spot as "RR") I love XM for that feature -- there was a very happy evening in late September where I switched between the Sox clubbing the Tigers, the Devil Rays kicking the Tribe's a$$, while keeping tabs on the Red Sox and Yankees in thier race to the playoffs. All in the comfort of my car while driving on business.

NardiWasHere
12-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Gotta love WSCR...

Where else can you have 24hour Chicago Sports Talk? I even like Murph too! NO TEAL! hahaha. I guess you have to be a certain type of person to listen to sportsradio. Some love it, some hate it. To take a line from Terry Boers, "Me likey".

LauraJ14
12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Nope, I don't listen that station full of idiots.

If I am in the car and the game is on, then I will probably listen just to find out the score because Ed Farmer gives me a massive headache and I can't take more than 5 minutes of his stupid not-baseball related topics.

MillerSoxFan
12-01-2005, 01:23 PM
It's hard to say if I will listen to the games without knowing who will be working with Farmer. It might not be too bad if they get someone who can keep him under control. Otherwise it's the TV if I'm at home.

Has anyone listened to the Score's Saturday morning Sox show? I can't listen as long as North is the host. Is he doing that permanently?

bayzbol44
12-01-2005, 01:31 PM
XM is the way to go!!! I love satellite radio. The Score is worthless.

Dick Allen
12-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I can't listen to the Score. The commercials (number and content) are intolerable - even more so than the hosts.

gowhitesox
12-01-2005, 01:53 PM
As long as it's White Sox baseball, it won't make much difference to me. Being in Texas I could probably tune in through the internet and listen anyhow. The guys on WSCR were good during the interview with Konerko

gaelhound
12-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Now that the SOX will be on WSCR, Will you tune them in? I can't stand them guys anyways, I wont
I live likke an exile here in Madison Wisconsin. Of course i will tune in to hear my beloved Sox!

doctor30th
12-01-2005, 11:29 PM
The only thing I will listen to on the score is sox games. I'm only happy about the sox being on the score because the score come in alot clearer here in bloomington-Normal. And with Espn1000 every night at 8 pm on the dot it goes from being an ok signal to straight static.

TDog
12-02-2005, 12:32 AM

I don't pay for television. While I own a shortwave radio, there is no way I would ever pay for radio radio programming.

ChiSoxRowand
12-02-2005, 12:55 AM
The only time I EVER listen to the Score these days is overnights to hear the hyper-imbecilic callers to Kevin Wheeler's show. I don't know where they grow those people, but the stupidity is amazing.

Wheeler's show is great, I try to catch it every night. I love when Jason "the wacko" in Waco and Dave in Mississippi call. Same with Ray in Chicago because he is a Sox fan and Chicago fan. I wonder if he posts here.

rdwj
12-02-2005, 09:11 AM
I listen to the Score and ESPN - just depends on the subject. The only show I really dislike is Dan Patrick.

Sad
12-02-2005, 09:29 AM

agreed...

my wife hooked me up with XM for my birthday & I'm really into it.
I used to listen to The Score all the time but now I can only handle their on-air lineup in small doses (dozes? :rolleyes: )...

I do still enjoy Dave Baum Saturday mornings.

miker
12-02-2005, 09:31 AM
I'll tune into the games, along with pre-game and post-game. I've tried the non-game programing and the best I ever felt afterward was "queasy".

Sad
12-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I can't listen to the Score. The commercials (number and content) are intolerable - even more so than the hosts.

I was just thinking that the last time I tuned in for a bit-
5 minutes of talk and 8 minutes of commercials it seemed...

HE GONE.