PDA

View Full Version : Is this a dream?

MERPER
11-30-2005, 02:33 PM
OK-- no one has mentioned this, but prior to the start of the 2005 season, even KW and Ozzie admitted that the team was built to make the playoffs but expecting a World Series was probably a year or two away... the 2005 White Sox weren't supposed to win it all and did...

KW had a plan in mind to begin a dynasty this year meaning we are a full year ahead of our own curve...

So, we win the World Series.... re-sign our top free agent and the top FA on the market and make the biggest trade of the offseason thus far...

Not to mention, the biggest superstar to eventually be traded--Manny Ramirez-- listed the White Sox on his short list of teams he'd accept a trade to....

It's no longer the Mets, Yankees, Cubs, Red Sox and Angels in high demand... it's our WHITE SOX.... it's everything most of us have ever wanted.... here's to the start of the WHITE SOX dynasty!!!

:gulp: :supernana: :supernana:

Ol' No. 2
11-30-2005, 02:34 PM
OK-- no one has mentioned this, but prior to the start of the 2005 season, even KW and Ozzie admitted that the team was built to make the playoffs but expecting a World Series was probably a year or two away... the 2005 White Sox weren't supposed to win it all and did...

KW had a plan in mind to begin a dynasty this year meaning we are a full year ahead of our own curve...

So, we win the World Series.... re-sign our top free agent and the top FA on the market and make the biggest trade of the offseason thus far...

Not to mention, the biggest superstar to eventually be traded--Manny Ramirez-- listed the White Sox on his short list of teams he'd accept a trade to....

It's no longer the Mets, Yankees, Cubs, Red Sox and Angels in high demand... it's our WHITE SOX.... it's everything most of us have ever wanted.... here's to the start of the WHITE SOX dynasty!!!

:gulp: :supernana: :supernana:Funny how winning cures so many problems, isn't it?

Flight #24
11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Actually, I think it's a year late. IMO KW envisioned the team winning a title in 2004 with Frank & Maggs and a rotation headed by Buehrle-Garcia-Garland. And they were in first at the break before the injuries hit.

getonbckthr
11-30-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm flattered that Manny loves Chicago, but we don't have the money nor the players to make a deal for Manny. Oh but could you imagine PK, Thome and Manny.

SkeetSkeetAmit
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm flattered that Manny loves Chicago, but we don't have the money nor the players to make a deal for Manny. Oh but could you imagine PK, Thome and Manny.

No, I can't, but I can imagine PK, Thome, and Dye!

Iguana775
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM

:gulp: :supernana: :supernana:

Manny? not sure if the Sox would even consider a trade for what Boston would be wanting. plus, not sure how he would fit in to the lineup? where do you put him? put Pods in CF and Manny in LF? cant DH cause THome will do that.

ShoelessJoeS
11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Funny how winning cures so many problems, isn't it?
Yes sir. Yes it does indeed :D:

Sox35th
11-30-2005, 03:16 PM
No Manram!! I don't think Manny would be a good fit in the clubhouse. Now that Thome is here we have all the power we need......I think more speed is going to be needed to help out Pod's.

doublem23
11-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Everything is in place for the Sox to put together a nice little run here. Good management, both in the offices and on the field, excellent talent at the MLB level and in the farm system, a relatively weak division that we can dominate, and a large market to raise revenue from.

Go Sox!

Chicken Dinner
11-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Calm down........it's always harder the second time.

Chicago
11-30-2005, 03:40 PM

Harder for them... :D:

clean
11-30-2005, 04:11 PM
No, I can't, but I can imagine PK, Thome, and WORLD SERIERS MVP, Jermaine Dye!
fixed:redneck

chisoxfanatic
11-30-2005, 04:21 PM
fixed:redneck

Shhhh! Don't tell Hangar18! :D:

infohawk
11-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Not only that, but I suspect Ozzie's popularity and personality has a lot to do with players wanting to come to the Sox.

Huisj
11-30-2005, 04:31 PM
No Manram!! I don't think Manny would be a good fit in the clubhouse. Now that Thome is here we have all the power we need......I think more speed is going to be needed to help out Pod's.

To get Ramirez, Boston would likely want pitching, and not just prospects, but actual good starters. Pitching is what got the Sox the championship, and by trading that for Ramirez, you're right back to the same old Sox that we used to see every year--a bunch of slow mashers and not enough quality pitching.

asindc
11-30-2005, 04:32 PM

As I am fond of saying, winning cures all.

The Deacon
11-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Everything is in place for the Sox to put together a nice little run here. Good management, both in the offices and on the field, excellent talent at the MLB level and in the farm system, a relatively weak division that we can dominate, and a large market to raise revenue from.

Go Sox!

It's EXACTLY how the Angels did it and now they draw equal attendance to their biggest market rival, the Dodgers.

voodoochile
11-30-2005, 05:01 PM
I feel the same way and have for some time. Normally in the fall, I am ready to start tuning out Sox baseball for a brief run of fun with the Bears before they fall compltely out of things and then I concentrate on the one team I expect to do well each and every fall, tOSU.

This year has been a little different. Heck, even the Buckeyes had a good year with the only losses coming to the #2 & 3 teams in the country. I still cannot believe the Sox actually won a World Series and find myself looking back and chuckling every so often because a good memory hits me or I glance up and see a piece of WS memorabilia.

Now the Sox have re-signed PK and acquired one of the 3 big names being tossed around this fall and they still haven't blown their budget or traded of a single piece of their pitching staff.

If I am dreaming, please don't pinch me, because I never want to wake up...:)

BV2005
12-01-2005, 01:03 AM
I personally can't stand Manny and there is no way hell fit in with the White Sox, but is is nice that big name players lke him want to play for the Sox.

boiker
12-01-2005, 11:27 AM

I agree, the Tribe has a very good lineup. They do need a closer, however.
The twins will be back with 88-92 wins again.
The Tigers should make an improvement in wins, although they won't be battling for the division.
The Royals have nowhere to go but up. I expect them to play better next year.

The central will be a competitive division.

santo=dorf
12-01-2005, 12:18 PM
We have one goal here -- to win a World Series title for White Sox fans and the city of Chicago. Anything short of that is a failure.
~~~Ken Williams (3/10/05)

:yup: