PDA

View Full Version : Farmio sticks it to Murph

kittle42
11-30-2005, 01:12 PM
On Murph's show today:

Murph: [discussing whether Thome/Konerko would play 1B or DH] "Well, Konerko has a nice little glove over there, not at the level of Derrek Lee on the North Side..."

Farmer [interrupting] "You just had to go and get that Cubs guy in there, didn't you."

Murph: "Heyyy! My Cub fan listeners would get mad if I didn't mention!"

Farmer: "Mmm, hmm. He's a nice player, but back to Konerko and Thome...."

samram
11-30-2005, 01:15 PM
This is like chum in the water waiting for Hangar18 to show up.:D:

Hangar18
11-30-2005, 01:15 PM
On Murph's show today:

Murph: [discussing whether Thome/Konerko would play 1B or DH] "Well, Konerko has a nice little glove over there, not at the level of Derrek Lee on the North Side..."

Farmer [interrupting] "You just had to go and get that Cubs guy in there, didn't you."

Farmer and Hangar18 both have something in common. We despise the way Murph steers callers towards Cub topics by shamelessly dropping names of players and former players gratuitiously into subjects.

MarySwiss
11-30-2005, 01:20 PM
On Murph's show today:

"Nice little glove?"
Oh, puke.

SOXPHILE
11-30-2005, 01:21 PM
I heard that. It was funny. He said exactly what I was thinking. Did you hear Murph yesterday saying that they were going to talk Cubs baseball, since "they hadn't talked Cubs baseball since the beginning of October, due to the White Sox World Series run, and the Bears success". I actually sent him a fax, which basically said that if he wants to talk about his pathetic team, fine, go ahead. But don't flat out lie and say you haven't talked about them in over a month, when you talk about, mention or bring up Cubs baseball almost every single day, and try to tie it in to almost every other sports topic, be it the White Sox, Bears, Bulls, or ANYTHING having to to with the NFL, NBA, or MLB. Shockingly, he didn't read or acknowledge it.

MarySwiss
11-30-2005, 01:39 PM
I heard that. It was funny. He said exactly what I was thinking. Did you hear Murph yesterday saying that they were going to talk Cubs baseball, since "they hadn't talked Cubs baseball since the beginning of October, due to the White Sox World Series run, and the Bears success". I actually sent him a fax, which basically said that if he wants to talk about his pathetic team, fine, go ahead. But don't flat out lie and say you haven't talked about them in over a month, when you talk about, mention or bring up Cubs baseball almost every single day, and try to tie it in to almost every other sports topic, be it the White Sox, Bears, Bulls, or ANYTHING having to to with the NFL, NBA, or MLB. Shockingly, he didn't read or acknowledge it.

I was just listening to him interview Hawk about PK, and he STILL kept dragging the stinkiing Cubs in!

Double puke.

Iwritecode
11-30-2005, 01:47 PM

You posted this at the exact same time Hangar posted. :o:

:)

Chisox003
11-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I was just listening to him interview Hawk about PK, and he STILL kept dragging the stinkiing Cubs in!

Double puke.
He's squirming like the worm he is.

The thought of one White Sox championship was bad, but even the remote possibility of back to back....:o:

Murph is in a living hell right now .... A perfect state for *** holes like himself

Stroker Ace
11-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Sox sign PK and this jag has to bring up the flubs? LOOOOOSEEERRRRR!!!!

tebman
11-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Sox sign PK and this jag has to bring up the flubs? LOOOOOSEEERRRRR!!!!
I hadn't listened to Murphy in at least five years, but when I saw on the Konerko Signs thread that Hawk would be interviewed about PK, I went to the streaming site to hear it. It really was remarkable. Every couple of minutes he kept beating a stale joke about watching the wires for news on the Furcal deal with the Cubs. Amusing once, maybe -- but I heard him do that literally four times in about ten minutes.

Talk about a guy with only one act! Maybe he would've been a hit in small-time vaudeville, where performers did the same act over and over again, but he's talking to the same audience every day! And WSCR successfully sells commercials around this guy? A real testament to the quality of the station's sales staff.

MarySwiss
11-30-2005, 02:39 PM
I hadn't listened to Murphy in at least five years, but when I saw on the Konerko Signs thread that Hawk would be interviewed about PK, I went to the streaming site to hear it. It really was remarkable. Every couple of minutes he kept beating a stale joke about watching the wires for news on the Furcal deal with the Cubs. Amusing once, maybe -- but I heard him do that literally four times in about ten minutes.

Talk about a guy with only one act! Maybe he would've been a hit in small-time vaudeville, where performers did the same act over and over again, but he's talking to the same audience every day! And WSCR successfully sells commercials around this guy? A real testament to the quality of the station's sales staff.

Exactly! I was streaming it too. Turned it off when they started up with the Cubs/Furcal crap during the newsbreak. I can only take so much.

SOXBOY
11-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Farmer also stated he wouldn't be suprised if Nomar would become a CF.Is this what the Sox have in mind?

veeter
11-30-2005, 02:46 PM
This is like chum in the water waiting for Hangar18 to show up.:D:This is a funny, funny line. I love it.

Palehose13
11-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Farmer also stated he wouldn't be suprised if Nomar would become a CF.Is this what the Sox have in mind?

Farmer also said that Gload was close to signing with the Padres. However, IF Nomar does go to CF, maybe to the Yankees? Torre has said something about moving Jeter to CF and I bet Steinbrenner would love to have all of the "Big 3" SS's like a collection of dolls or something.

The Racehorse
11-30-2005, 02:53 PM

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0073195/th-1-7.jpg
"You're gonna need a bigger boat" :redneck

MsSoxVixen22
11-30-2005, 03:05 PM
I wish i could've heard that interview! I hate Murph-he talks like someone is standing on his balls. It's just eating him up inside that the Sox are on top of the city. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
11-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Oh come on, guys. That waiting-for-the-newswire-for-Furcal-signing-to-the-Cubs line was GOLD, Jerry, GOLD!

http://www.dreamagic.com/vivianrose/hytner.gif

:rolleyes:

DickAllen72
11-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Farmer also said that Gload was close to signing with the Padres. However, IF Nomar does go to CF, maybe to the Yankees? Torre has said something about moving Jeter to CF and I bet Steinbrenner would love to have all of the "Big 3" SS's like a collection of dolls or something.

You make good points (about Farmer and Nomar).

I can't see Nomar playing CF on the South Side, but maybe the Yankees would try him there.

C-Dawg
11-30-2005, 04:49 PM
How about in the days after the World Series, Murph kept mentioning about how, being a Cub fan, he'll just have to wait until next year to get excited. As though he wouldn't touch this year's World Series with a 10-foot pole.

MarySwiss
11-30-2005, 04:55 PM
I wish i could've heard that interview! I hate Murph-he talks like someone is standing on his balls. It's just eating him up inside that the Sox are on top of the city. :D:

This is funnier than hell! And, so true!

:rolling:

bigfoot
11-30-2005, 05:42 PM

Murph has balls? Since when?

MUsoxfan
11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh come on, guys. That waiting-for-the-newswire-for-Furcal-signing-to-the-Cubs line was GOLD, Jerry, GOLD!

http://www.dreamagic.com/vivianrose/hytner.gif

:rolleyes:

That's definitely the funniest thing I've read in a couple weeks. :rolling:

Fuller_Schettman
11-30-2005, 06:32 PM
You posted this at the exact same time Hangar posted. :o:

:)

So are you now conceding that it is very unlikely, if not impossible, that samram and Hangar18 are in fact the same person? :o:

Or is it proof that they are? :?:

Maximo
11-30-2005, 07:47 PM
When the 'revolution' is over, Mike Murphy will be dealt with....once and for all.

RadioheadRocks
11-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Murph, this one's for you:

http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser-thumb.jpg (http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg)

LOSER!!!!!!!!!

samram
11-30-2005, 08:23 PM
So are you now conceding that it is very unlikely, if not impossible, that samram and Hangar18 are in fact the same person? :o:

Or is it proof that they are? :?:

Let's go with the former on that one. My hatred of Cubdom falls far short of Hangar's.