PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment

Hangar18
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
I kind of lost track of the thousands of dumb moments interacting with these people ........... But I was at Joes on Weed St., and while waiting for the bathroom, a guy was exiting and noticed my SOX fleece and snickered. I immediately noticed he was wearing a Wrigley Field shirt. I told him to yuk it up all he wants, WE won the World Series and he'll NEVER see a WS. He said what did it matter if nobody is watching. I told him relying on the (I did the Quote sign with my fingers) "Attendance" as a means of determining a Champion doesnt work in the real world. He mentioned how nobody goes to the games, and that the area is "dangerous". I asked where did he get that info.
"man, its in all the newspapers, whereve you been?" (who says ignore the media?) I told him not to believe everything hes read ........
We had 2 Million people ............ to watch a World Series Team.
I told him they had 2 Million Plus people ........(I emphasized this part) "to watch a $100 Million Dollar 3rd place team!" ................and LAUGHED LOUDLY.

The other people waiting in line, and in the bathroom who were overhearing this exchange ........... Then laughed along with me. The Cub fan .....now noticing that about 7 or 8 people were snickering at my punch line ......
paused wanting to say something, but words (and thoughts) were escaping him badly, then blurted "The SOX still **** anyway". He walked away
and everyone in the line began to talk about if Konerko was going to resign,
who should DH, when the Rings would be handed out, etc.

Its nice to be The Champs :cool:

DumpJerry
11-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Hangar man, you really do attract them, don't ya?:cool:

SOXPHILE
11-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Man, where how do you attract these types ? The few experiences I've had since the WHITE SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES can basically be summed up with what happened 2 days after they won it all: I was walking into a White Hen that morning, wearing my Sox jacket. A guy was just coming out, wearing a Cub hat and a Cubs jersey. He looked at me for a second, I looked back, and started laughing out loud. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!! and pointing at his shirt. He started to say something, but then just looked down at his feet and walked back to his car. I have yet to experience any of the "Cubs still rule ! Sox still suck ! even though I don't know the difference between a balk and the infield fly rule, and couldn't name more than 4 players in the Cubs starting line up" Cub fan. As dumb as they are, I think most of them still have the common sense to stay in hiding and shut the hell up.

Dick Allen
11-30-2005, 01:33 PM
words (and thoughts) were escaping him badlyThat thoughts were escaping him erroneously assumes he had any to begin with.

Tekijawa
11-30-2005, 01:46 PM
........(I emphasized this part) "to watch a $100 Million Dollar 3rd place team!" ................and LAUGHED LOUDLY.

Hangar... They were 4th... And don't talk to Cubs fans in Bathrooms... :D:

Dolly
11-30-2005, 02:29 PM
....He mentioned how nobody goes to the games, and that the area is "dangerous". I asked where did he get that info.
"man, its in all the newspapers, whereve you been?" (who says ignore the media?) I told him not to believe everything hes read ........
You should have told him to look up the stats on the CPD web site of which neighborhood has more reported crime.

SOecks
11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Or you could have asked him how future hall of famer and 5 tool player extrordanairre Corey Patterson is doing in winterball and if he's finally learned to lay down a bunt or not strike out 1 or every 3 times at bat. Or how their major free agent signing (Howry) is more interested in playing in front of a packed house of lemming drunkards with Old Style cans in hand than actually winning a championship. Either way, nice job.

kevin57
11-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks, Hangar, for sticking up for the boys.

mrs. hendu
11-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Saying that the Sox suck shows ho much those Cubbies fans know about baseball. :cool:

TheOldRoman
11-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Saying that the Sox suck shows how much those Cubbies fans know about baseball. :cool:
:tealpolice:

It does. More accurately phrased, it hows how LITTLE they know.

bigfoot
11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Hangar... They were 4th...

And don't talk to Cubs fans in Bathrooms... :D:

You could distract them from p*****g on their hands!

unclegary
11-30-2005, 05:34 PM
When he said "it's in all the newspapers" I assume he meant the Cubune and the other fish wrap featuring that fool Mariotti. Amazing how he deceived you into believing he could actually read!!!!

Cellview22
11-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Similar story: I was heading into the gas station bathroom at Halsted & Archer, and this guy was getting into his car with his Michigan license plate. He noticed my Sox hat and said something jokingly like "another bandwagoner, or are you for real?". At first I was taken aback, then realized he was another clueless out-of-towner. I stopped by the doorway as he stood by his car, and we started chatting a bit. He was saying he's just a frustrated Cub fan, and he's been a diehard Cub fan for ever. I didn't ask him if he used to live in the area, or if he watches the games on WGN. I figured he just likes the idea of being a Cub fan and buys into the delusional hype of the Cubs & Wrigley but knows nothing of the team or baseball in general.

Before getting in his car, he says one last thing: "This will always be a Cub Town, you know that right" while chuckling to himself. I then shouted back "That's debateable but definitely not around here. You're in the wrong side of town.. You lost?" He backed up, rolled down his window, yelled "Sox Suck", and peeled away. I just shook my head in disbelief and went about my business.

Whitesox029
11-30-2005, 06:07 PM
I kind of lost track of the thousands of dumb moments interacting with these people ........... But I was at Joes on Weed St., and while waiting for the bathroom, a guy was exiting and noticed my SOX fleece and snickered. I immediately noticed he was wearing a Wrigley Field shirt. I told him to yuk it up all he wants, WE won the World Series and he'll NEVER see a WS. He said what did it matter if nobody is watching. I told him relying on the (I did the Quote sign with my fingers) "Attendance" as a means of determining a Champion doesnt work in the real world. He mentioned how nobody goes to the games, and that the area is "dangerous". I asked where did he get that info.
We had 2 Million people ............ to watch a World Series Team.
I told him they had 2 Million Plus people ........(I emphasized this part) "to watch a $100 Million Dollar 3rd place team!" ................and LAUGHED LOUDLY.

The other people waiting in line, and in the bathroom who were overhearing this exchange ........... Then laughed along with me. The Cub fan .....now noticing that about 7 or 8 people were snickering at my punch line ......
paused wanting to say something, but words (and thoughts) were escaping him badly, then blurted "The SOX still **** anyway". He walked away
and everyone in the line began to talk about if Konerko was going to resign,
who should DH, when the Rings would be handed out, etc.

Its nice to be The Champs :cool:
Any Sox fan who hasn't experienced this dialogue in the last month or so, give or take a few variations, needs to get out from under his or her rock. Seriously...I encounter this daily.

But yes, it is quite wonderful to be champs...:bandance:

DSpivack
11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Any Sox fan who hasn't experienced this dialogue in the last month or so, give or take a few variations, needs to get out from under his or her rock. Seriously...I encounter this daily.

But yes, it is quite wonderful to be champs...:bandance:

In the Chicago area, anyway. At school I wear Sox shirts every now and then, and have never gotten one comment... except high fives from the few other Sox fans on campus. I see people in Cubs hats, smile and laugh, and they have no response. Then again, half of them are from NJ and the Cubs hats are pink and they have no idea about anything baseball, they just think the hat is cute.

NeverForget42
11-30-2005, 10:17 PM
being in high school, most cubbies won't admit when they've been beat in an arguement or walk away because they have numbers on me where i live.

they make up "facts" about the white sox and all their cubbie blue friends believe them and start to laugh it up

i charish the 10% of my school thats SOX fan...but sometimes i wanna knock some heads

Soxfan35
12-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Before you'd get the occasion respectful nod from a sox, that hey, we still have a baseball team nod. Now it's the hell ya, they did it nod. And from the cubs fans the laugh has changed from mocking, to a nervous, I hope this white sox fan doesn't tear me apart in this argument laugh. I lovve it

RadioheadRocks
12-01-2005, 12:30 AM
All you have to do is ask them "are they going to raise an attendance or TV ratings banner at Wrigley on Opening Day?" That'll shut 'em up!!!

BV2005
12-01-2005, 01:28 AM
I had a similer story happen to me: I was at Bar Louie in Naperville. I was standing in line in the bathroom wearing my Paul Konerko Jersey when somebody behind me said,"are you still gonna wear that when he's on the Red Sox next year." I turned and said your a Cubs fan aren't you, he said yes, my reply was im sorry. Then we started getting into a verbal debate but everything he said about the Sox I just answered with "WE WON THE WORLD SERIES" he was starting to get fired up and wanting to fight and it almost happened but my cousin happened to walk in and he kinda shyed away after that.

whitesoxwin
12-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I was at work when the White Sox won the WS.
Since it is an office/control room environment, a few (only 3) 17"x11" posters were made up for the Champs.
My relief--a die hard Cub Fan-- came in at 5am.
As we made a turn over for the next shift, not once did the White Sox or WS come up (I was going to let him start the discussion about how the White Sox "cheated", "got lucky", "over-achievers", etc.--the usual B.S. coming out of a stupid Cub fan's mouth).
Anyway, soon as I walked out the door to go home--for a celebratory replay of the game and a cold Miller Light:
Down came the posters--ripped to shreds--in the garbage---as he mumbled something about the blankity- blank White Sox (as reported by another Sox fan who was present).
Gotta love Cub, Chicago (Fan "claims" to be a "Chicago Baseball fan") and, of course, bandwagon jumper fans ....NOT!!!

chisoxfanatic
12-01-2005, 10:01 AM
A collegue at work wore a Cubs hat, lanyard, and hoodie to work the day after we won the World Series. He yelled at all Sox fans who gave it to him "Quit living in the past! It's time for the 2006 season now. And, 2006 is OUR year!"

Really, dude! There are NO guarantees in this league! :rolleyes:

There's this other collegue who likes to try to "get into it" with me when he tells me that I need to worry about the future instead, that we are not legit until we win two in a row, pointing out the fact that the Cubs have won two in a row (1907 and 1908). Immediately, I pointed out the fact that we beat them in 1906. In addition, I pointed out the fact that the Cubs have won 2 World Series in 10 chances, while our Sox have won 3 World Series in 5 chances. I'll take our numbers over their's!!!

I NEVER lose to Cub fans in arguements over baseball.

jackbrohamer
12-01-2005, 10:13 AM
A collegue at work wore a Cubs hat, lanyard, and hoodie to work the day after we won the World Series. He yelled at all Sox fans who gave it to him "Quit living in the past! It's time for the 2006 season now. And, 2006 is OUR year!"

I cannot believe how many times I have already heard that. The whole "now it's our turn" will definitely be the unofficial Scrub fan slogan this coming season, and possibly the official slogan. What pathetic losers.

Jerko
12-01-2005, 10:15 AM
I don't even let them (cub fans) bother me anymore. I just laugh at them. Even when I was running up my credit card bill buying Sox stuff the other day, I got to the little Cub section and just started laughing. The rest of the people in the store thought I was nuts, but I couldn't stop laughing. They're the joke now (well, they always were) so it's not worth letting those losers get under your skin.

skottyj242
12-01-2005, 11:57 AM
I had the joy of actually getting to hold the World Series trophy last week and I took a couple of pictures of me kissing it and holding it over my head so now I carry a picture everywhere I go and anytime anyone says anything to me Cub related I tell them enjoy you attendance trophy I'll enjoy this. That's when I show them the picture.

MarySwiss
12-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I cannot believe how many times I have already heard that. The whole "now it's our turn" will definitely be the unofficial Scrub fan slogan this coming season, and possibly the official slogan. What pathetic losers.

Kinda makes you long for the good ol' days when they only HOPED the Flubs would win. Now they think they're DESTINED to win. Somebody tell them it helps if your team doesn't suck.

I have this feeling that when spring training rolls around, I'm going to be getting into lots of fights with the delusional Flub fans who are usually all over the place in their dumb blue t-shirts and silly hats. But then again, they're only here for a month, whereas you guys get their crap all year long.

cheeses_h_rice
12-01-2005, 02:20 PM
For those "2006 our year blah blah blah" Flub fan morons, what makes them think they're going to place above .500, let alone win their division? You have to crawl before you can walk, after all.

Also, what makes them think the Sox are about to let go of that trophy come next October?

:)

miker
12-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Now they think they're DESTINED to win. Somebody tell them it helps if your team doesn't suck.

Boy if that doesn't make you want the Sox to repeat, I don't know what will!

soxjim
12-01-2005, 10:23 PM
A female co worker wore my SOX jacket to pick up lunches for us. She got back to work laughing. 2 girls in cub junk told her boo sox. cubs rule. My co worker responded with a smile and a show of her World Series hat.

chuckn98229
12-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I had about 30 seconds of the 'Let's Go, Go, Go, White Sox' song on my voicemail greeting for a few weeks around the winning event. A flub fan from Chicago called while I was out-of town and immediately complained about my greeting and then brought up the old, tired 'attendance' theme. What is it with these folks? Are they proud of the fact that they blindly support a bunch of losers? (Those are questions are rhetorical - I know the answers.)

Soxfanspcu11
12-03-2005, 07:16 PM
This isn't a specific "moment" that happened but it does pertain to this and needs to be addressed! lol.

Seriously though, anyone from Northwest Indiana or for people who hang out in Northwest Indiana, BOYCOTT the "Dizzy Lizard" in Schererville. I went in there Thursday night after the Local H show at 2nd Dimensions and they had a huge Cub flag hanging in the bar.

Seriously what the ****?!?!?! I was there with a couple of friends, one of which is a Cubs fan so I didn't want to be a jerk and make a big scene out of it but I was just shocked, I mean, wow, talk about an inferiority complex! My how the tables have turned!

But the point is, STAY AWAY from that bar! Not only is it a Cubs bar but the place is frequented by quite a bit of losers. (I know it's hard to tell the difference between Cub fans and losers, but when I say "losers", I mean like "losers" in their lives, like hillbillies and rednecks, not exactly the type of crowd most people would like to be around).

So just stay away from that place. I have been telling all the Sox fans I know to stay away and hopefully the word will get out that Sox fans are boycotting the place. Anyway, this is just a heads up to everyone, SPREAD THE WORD!!!

TommyJohn
12-04-2005, 08:06 AM
I had about 30 seconds of the 'Let's Go, Go, Go, White Sox' song on my voicemail greeting for a few weeks around the winning event. A flub fan from Chicago called while I was out-of town and immediately complained about my greeting and then brought up the old, tired 'attendance' theme. What is it with these folks? Are they proud of the fact that they blindly support a bunch of losers? (Those are questions are rhetorical - I know the answers.)

I get a good laugh out of Cub fans who sneer "where were all the Sox fans
in April?" To which an easy reply would be "where were all the Cub fans in
October?"

kevin57
12-04-2005, 10:57 AM
I get a good laugh out of Cub fans who sneer "where were all the Sox fans
in April?" To which an easy reply would be "where were all the Cub fans in
October?"

:worship: