PDA

View Full Version : 1917 Sox Team Photo--HELP!

nwittlief
11-30-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm desperately hoping someone here can help me with this--I bought a set of team photos from ebay (2005 Sox and 1917 Sox) to make a sort of "collage" for my husband as a Christmas gift (he's a HUGE White Sox fan). The photos don't include any kind of roster/identification of which player is standing where and I was hoping to include this in the collage. While I was able to work out the 2005 photo, I am having an extremely difficult time with the 1917 one and after many hours of research, looking at photos on the internet, etc. I've only been able to about 8 of the 26 players in the photograph.

Would anyone here have any suggestions of where I might look to find this or possibly be able to identify the players themselves? The photo is currently being sold in many ebay auctions along with the 2005 photo as a set. If anyone is willing to help I can scan in the photo and email it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

tebman
11-30-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm desperately hoping someone here can help me with this--I bought a set of team photos from ebay (2005 Sox and 1917 Sox) to make a sort of "collage" for my husband as a Christmas gift (he's a HUGE White Sox fan). The photos don't include any kind of roster/identification of which player is standing where and I was hoping to include this in the collage. While I was able to work out the 2005 photo, I am having an extremely difficult time with the 1917 one and after many hours of research, looking at photos on the internet, etc. I've only been able to about 8 of the 26 players in the photograph.

Would anyone here have any suggestions of where I might look to find this or possibly be able to identify the players themselves? The photo is currently being sold in many ebay auctions along with the 2005 photo as a set. If anyone is willing to help I can scan in the photo and email it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

First of all, :welcome:
And great idea for a Christmas gift!

Here's a link to a 1917 team photo that has players' names: link (http://www.blackbetsy.com/imagefarm/1917whitesox-a.jpg)

Hope that helps!

BV2005
12-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Why isn't Chick Gandle in that picture

Al Franken AA
12-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Is there really a 1917 team pic available anywhere?
I'd love to buy one.

irish rover
12-02-2005, 08:11 AM
try here

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/library/photos.htm

rwcescato
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Is there really a 1917 team pic available anywhere?
I'd love to buy one.

I have a wall plaque for 1917, 1959, 1983, 1993 and 2000. Look at gtrandstand or a collectable gallery. There is one in Orland Park by the mall and the old Charlie Horse. Good Luck!!
Rich

gowhitesox
12-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Try a search on Yahoo or Google or other search engine like that by clicking on images first then type in what you are looking for. That is how a got pictures of the 1917 and 1919 teams.