PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Tickets to go on sale very Soon: Will there be media hysterical coverage?

Hangar18
11-30-2005, 11:34 AM
I was just going to put this out for discussion, and am1000 decided to make this a hot topic also. Carmen & Silvy are saying that the other team gets the most unnecessary coverage of this, and that the SOX legitimately will be the hotter ticket in town, and will the media cover this accordingly?

Baby Fisk
11-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Once again, the anticipation for Gary Coleman is palpable!

itsnotrequired
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM
I was just going to put this out for discussion, and am1000 decided to make this a hot topic also. Carmen & Silvy are saying that the other team gets the most unnecessary coverage of this, and that the SOX legitimately will be the hotter ticket in town, and will the media cover this accordingly?

There will probably be some token stories here or there but it will generally be ignored up to the sale. Then you will see all kinds of stories talking about how "shocking" it is that the Sox are selling tickets so quickly.

chisoxmike
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Sox Tickets dont go on sale until Jan 27.

The media will probably be all over the fact the Cubs have sold out all their games for the 06 season, and there is a waiting list for season tickets blah blah blah. Who cares.

CHISOXFAN13
11-30-2005, 11:43 AM

Trib Sox beat reporter Mark Gonzales has a small story about the club level and scout seats being sold out for the remainder of the season and the Sox selling full-season plans beyond the dugouts this season.

Happy now?

ChiSoxGirl
11-30-2005, 11:44 AM

The media will probably be all over the fact the Cubs have sold out all their games for the 06 season, and there is a waiting list for season tickets blah blah blah. Who cares.

Let the Cubs with that other award that starts with an "a." Like you said, "who cares?!" We won THE ULTIMATE AWARD on October 26, 2005. :cool:

Etownsox13
11-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Either way...hopefully we don't have the same problem with ticket brokers that they have at The Urinal

:angry: I HATE TICKET BROKERS SO MUCH!!!!!!

The Deacon
11-30-2005, 11:52 AM
um, who cares about the media coverage?

i only care about getting me some TICKETS, baby! :dtroll:

Cellview22
11-30-2005, 12:00 PM
What if the unthinkable happened, and every single game sold out a day after tickets went on sale. Everyone would be shocked and the news would be all over it. Anything can happen! No one expected 1.75 million people to crowd the loop for the victory parade.

What I think will happen is the hot games will sell out first right away. I wouldn't be surprised if over a dozen games sold out immediately. Then people will realize most games aren't sold out, and they have options on which game, and when, to purchase tickets. Then the KC, TB, and Detroit games will go ignored while everyone picks up the bigger games. I wouldn't be surprised if the KC games draw less than 18K, which will inevitably make the news.

Hangar18
11-30-2005, 12:02 PM

The Gist of this topic on the radio, was that though the other team will get the hype for no real reason, the SOX will prove they deserve the hype, having actually WON something, and be the hottest ticket in town. The fact this is being discussed and brought up is good news in itself ............ The SOX are on the radar. The SOX will be the hotter ticket and this is the earliest the Ticket Sale of SOX has been a topic on the radio. How things change here huh?

Flight #24
11-30-2005, 12:03 PM
What if the unthinkable happened, and every single game sold out a day after tickets went on sale. Everyone would be shocked and the news would be all over it. Anything can happen! No one expected 1.75 million people to crowd the loop for the victory parade.

What I think will happen is the hot games will sell out first right away. I wouldn't be surprised if over a dozen games sold out immediately. Then people will realize most games aren't sold out, and they have options on which game, and when, to purchase tickets. Then the KC, TB, and Detroit games will go ignored while everyone picks up the bigger games. I wouldn't be surprised if the KC games draw less than 18K, which will inevitably make the news.

Wouldn't make much news.....until during a heavily rainy, 38 degree Wednesday in April, the Sox draw 21k for the Royals. Then the front page sports will show empty blue seats (an old picture since they'll have made them green by then) and a column bemoaning the lack of Sox fans coming out to see a championship team.

kittle42
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Hangar,

You know you're my friend. But what the media says these days is as irrelevant as what Cubs fans say. The answer is the same: The White Sox Won The World Series. That is all we need to know.

steff
11-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Of course there will be coverage.. it will say...

"Sox sell out. Fans pissed off they can't get tickets. Sox suck"

Hangar18
11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Of course there will be coverage.. it will say...

"Sox sell out. Fans pissed off they can't get tickets. Sox suck"

Heh heh....... Coming to a Tribune-Headline near you ............