PDA

View Full Version : Scout Seats and Club Level Sold Out for Next Year

SaltyPretzel
11-30-2005, 07:34 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051129soxbrite,1,5967552.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

itsnotrequired
11-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Club Level has been sold out for a while now. There were only a handful of Scout Seats available a couple weeks ago so it isn't too surprising that these sold out as quick as they did.

The Double Play split-season plan is sold out for Premium Upper Box as well.

SaltyPretzel
11-30-2005, 07:49 AM
There were only a handful of Scout Seats available a couple weeks ago so it isn't too surprising that these sold out as quick as they did.

Let's hope this guy didn't get any:
http://chicagomediamonitor.com/Images/fatguybox.JPG

anewman35
11-30-2005, 09:37 AM
I remember how last year, some people were worried we'd never sell out the Scout Seats and saying what a horrible idea they were. Funny how things change...

Hangar18
11-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Wheres Steff to confirm this?

MUsoxfan
11-30-2005, 09:44 AM
I remember how last year, some people were worried we'd never sell out the Scout Seats and saying what a horrible idea they were. Funny how things change...

The Scout Seats are the best deal in baseball (for those who can justify that expense) as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad that enough people caught on

itsnotrequired
11-30-2005, 09:47 AM

Confirm what? The information is posted on the Sox website and Brooks is quoted in the Tribune article.

SoxFan78
11-30-2005, 09:51 AM
Darn it, I was planning on winning the lottery this week and purchasing some Scout Seats!!!

For real though, if I ever did win the lottery, one of the first things I would buy are Scout Seats. I sat there once, got a taste of the good life!

The Deacon
11-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Confirm what? The information is posted on the Sox website and Brooks is quoted in the Tribune article.

Or....
Thank you for your email regarding season tickets for the 2006 season. Due to the high volume of calls and emails regarding season tickets, we are unable to assist you as quickly as we would like, and we greatly appreciate your patience.
Currently, we have full season and split season 27 game plan locations available for sale. We hope to make the Ozzie Plan available by mid-December. Please continue to visit whitesox.com until an official on-sale date is announced.

No premium lower box, premium club level, or club level seats are available for any of the ticket plans. Premium upper box is sold out for the Double Play Plan.

kjkobs
11-30-2005, 09:55 AM
The Scout Seats are the best deal in baseball (for those who can justify that expense) as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad that enough people caught on

I was able to sit there July 5th last season when Frank was in the middle of his homer binge. The view is amazing and the entire experience is unreal.

soxfanreggie
11-30-2005, 10:07 AM
I agree that if I won the lotto, that's the first thing I would buy is season ticket scout seats...unless I bought part of the team :cool: ...with those powerball jackpots, it is very possible. Win $300 million, after taxes you still have over $150 M...take the lump sum payment and you're down to under $100M but that's still enough to buy a nice chunk of the team...a few % or so...

ChicagoHoosier
11-30-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm curious to hear the final season ticket sales numbers. I've read somewhere on this thread the whole lower level is sold out. Is that just season tickets that are sold out, or every seat for every game is now sold as some form of season ticket? And then how much of the upper level is also sold out? I got 81 games in Premium Upper Deck for '06 and am pumped to see the stadium a lot more full every time I get to the ballpark.

Also... Scout Seats ROCK!!! I sat there for one game, which turned out to be Contrares' coming out party and started his string of awesome pitching vs. TB. It may also have been the debut of Bobby Jenks. Regardless, what a spectacular way to watch a game. Almost worth if, if I could find them at face value again this year (which if they are sold out, I doubt I will), to do once a year and just suck up the fact it costs a lot. You get a lot!

steff
11-30-2005, 12:02 PM

Where's your back pedaling from the BS posting that the entire lower bowl is sold out.. :rolleyes:

steff
11-30-2005, 12:03 PM

I think Henry was trying to be a smartass..

itsnotrequired
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I think Henry was trying to be a smartass..

I was thinking that but with some of his recent posts, you have to wonder...:tongue:

Tekijawa
11-30-2005, 12:13 PM
I was thinking that but with some of his recent posts, you have to wonder...:tongue:

He has gotten angrier hasn't he!

itsnotrequired
11-30-2005, 04:15 PM
I just spoke with my rep and he says that full season packages are still moving at a brisk pace. They are selling seats halfway up in the sections as far back as 111 and 153! Even Upper Box is selling tickets halfway up the sections behind home plate. This is pretty wild considering it is only the end of November.

He also said they are still "working out the details" in regards to the plan for offering extra Opening Day/Cubs tickets. I took this to mean that they are going to try and sell as many season tickets as possible while they can. The Sox would obviously rather have a season ticket holder than an existing holder buy some extra tickets.

NorthSideSox72
11-30-2005, 04:30 PM
I just spoke with my rep and he says that full season packages are still moving at a brisk pace. They are selling seats halfway up in the sections as far back as 111 and 153! Even Upper Box is selling tickets halfway up the sections behind home plate. This is pretty wild considering it is only the end of November.

He also said they are still "working out the details" in regards to the plan for offering extra Opening Day/Cubs tickets. I took this to mean that they are going to try and sell as many season tickets as possible while they can. The Sox would obviously rather have a season ticket holder than an existing holder buy some extra tickets.

There are some details on that extra-ticket thing:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=947724&postcount=15

hose
11-30-2005, 04:35 PM
One of my all time favorite threads at WSI was PHG's rant about the kid making faces to the tv camera in the Scout Seats.:roflmao:

I want Mags back
11-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Let's hope this guy didn't get any:
http://chicagomediamonitor.com/Images/fatguybox.JPG

or this guy

http://www.tomotorsports.com/nascar_2005_sadler_jacket.jpg

coulnt find an actual picture of him

Kogs35
11-30-2005, 06:04 PM
or this guy

i have one barried on my comp. ill post it later

itsnotrequired
11-30-2005, 07:16 PM
or this guy

What are you, nuts?! That guy was a champ! Sox won many a game with him in there.:D:

bobwsx
11-30-2005, 07:37 PM
I was able to sit there July 5th last season when Frank was in the middle of his homer binge. The view is amazing and the entire experience is unreal.Yeah watching you and your old man leap was classic.:rolling:

gobears1987
11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
It could be worse. M+M guy could be a Mark Martin fan!!!!! Imagine the jacket then!!!!:redneck

itsnotrequired
12-07-2005, 12:12 PM
The season ticket pricing info at whitesox.com indicates that Premium upper Box is sold out for the Double Play split-season plan but that tickets are still available for the Hit and Run plan. I was scoping out the deposit form and it shows that tickets are NOT available in Premium Upper Box for the Hit and Run plan. Seems like split-season plans for the whole section are sold out. Can anyone confirm this?

comet2k
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
In trying to order tickets in the Premium Upper Box, the ticket Web site says they are not available for either 27-game plan, just the full-season plan.

I thought all Premium Upper Box seats were sold out. Someone I know said he tried to buy a full-season plan during the World Series but was told they were gone. He settled for a few rows further back in the Upper Box.

The Premium Upper Box wasn't available when I bought the Double-Play Plan in early November.