PDA

View Full Version : Sox Tattoo Update

LuvSox
11-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Ok big mouths, who actually got a Sox tattoo after the World Series?

I'm still planning mine....:D:

Who actually got it done and what does it look like?

MUsoxfan
11-30-2005, 12:19 AM
I told my girlfriend I'd get one. I sorta lied because I never pictured myself getting a tattoo and I never pictured the Sox winning it all. Now I sorta have to get one and I have no idea where I should get it

LuvSox
11-30-2005, 12:30 AM
I have no idea where I should get it

It's easy if you don't have any other ones. Pick an arm :D:

MUsoxfan
11-30-2005, 12:32 AM
It's easy if you don't have any other ones. Pick an arm :D:

Yeah, but I'm not really a guy that can get away with that. I was thinking an ankle or something. I dunno:unsure:

LuvSox
11-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Yeah, but I'm not really a guy that can get away with that. I was thinking an ankle or something. I dunno:unsure:

A HUGE back tattoo..........

MUsoxfan
11-30-2005, 12:36 AM

I've got a bad idea!:tongue:

IronFisk
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM

:rolling:

but...BEWARE THE BACKHAIR!!! :o:

san2c
11-30-2005, 01:33 AM
http://photos-110.facebook.com/n2/10/11/n1915598_14701110_7268.jpg

..got it right before the world series started..god damn am I glad they won :).. you can't really tell from the picture but the tattoo turned out real nice and clear. I am still real happy that i got it..

MUsoxfan
11-30-2005, 01:36 AM
http://photos-110.facebook.com/n2/10/11/n1915598_14701110_7268.jpg

..got it right before the world series started..god damn am I glad they won :).. you can't really tell from the picture but the tattoo turned out real nice and clear. I am still real happy that i got it..

That's actually a really good spot. Thanks, san2c

cbrownson13
11-30-2005, 03:44 AM
I told every one of my friends (which is a lot, I'm REALLY popular around these parts) IN JUNE that I was going to get a SOX tattoo on my shoulder blade if they won the World Series. I have yet to get it because I want to design it perfectly. Rest assured that I will have it placed on my back before the 2006 season starts. I love the guy who posted his picture on here...cool ass tattoo. I want to get one with either the Sox "batter" logo of the 80's or the "e" logo with the years the Sox have won the World Series under it. That way I can just add on to it when the Sox win the World Series consistently in the future.

Soxzilla
11-30-2005, 05:55 AM
I got mine on Saturday night. It's like the one that san2c posted, but it has the outline around the Sox logo, and the guy wrote 'PRIDE' down the right side of the symbol. It looks really cool on my inside right forearm.:smile:

I have a pic of it on my buddies camera, but I have to wait for him to send it to me, probably over Christmas Break.

And for those of you worried that it's a excruciating experience...it isn't. Granted, it depends where you get it, but mine was more like a 'painful tickle.' I actually laughed and joked, and talked on the cell phone while getting it.:wink: And I'm not the guy with the greatest threshold for pain...

It's like someone drawing on your sunburn with a pen...lightly.

DumpJerry
11-30-2005, 07:27 AM
I learned my lesson after getting the names C. Lee. Magglio and Rowand tattooed on my arms........:(:

lbtigerfan
11-30-2005, 08:02 AM
I told my girlfriend I'd get one. I sorta lied because I never pictured myself getting a tattoo and I never pictured the Sox winning it all. Now I sorta have to get one and I have no idea where I should get it

Can't do it til I'm there

Frater Perdurabo
11-30-2005, 08:08 AM
I learned my lesson after getting the names C. Lee. Magglio and Rowand tattooed on my arms........:(:

Me too, especially after getting "Wayne Tolleson," "John Cangelosi" and "Bill Dawley" tattooed to the small of my back...

Bobbo35
11-30-2005, 08:25 AM
I got a sox tattoo 2 years ago. It is on my upper back and it is the diamond with the sock in the middle.

Milw
11-30-2005, 08:56 AM
I got a sox tattoo 2 years ago. It is on my upper back and it is the diamond with the sock in the middle.
I was thinking of getting that logo myself. Did you get it filled in with white ink, or did you just get a black outline? I've been told white fades over the years, but I'm a tattoo virgin and know nothing about such things. Anybody?

itsnotrequired
11-30-2005, 09:16 AM
I was thinking of getting that logo myself. Did you get it filled in with white ink, or did you just get a black outline? I've been told white fades over the years, but I'm a tattoo virgin and know nothing about such things. Anybody?

White looks pretty rad...for the first few months. After that, you just look dusty. Stick with the outline.

manders_01
11-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Haven't gotten mine yet but know what it's going to be and exactly where it's going. I have a silly "tradition" that I like to get my tattoos on vacation. My next vacation may very well be to spring training so I might be hunting for a tattoo parlor in Tucson! :tongue:

Blob
11-30-2005, 10:38 AM

I have 2 tattoos. I have the Sox logo on my right calf. I got that about 9-10 years ago. I am going to have 2005 World Series Champs put in a circle around it eventually.

I also have another tattoo with some white shading in it and that has not faded. I've had that one for about 7-8 years. I did want it colored in white and the artist advised against that. Instead he did some shading in white and it looks just fine.

All tattoos fade over time. Your body is rejecting the ink. When I get the WS Champs added I will have my original Sox tattoo touched up.

11-30-2005, 10:47 AM
I got mine the Saturday after they won the WS...I told myself that if they won the series, I would get it gone...I got the Sox Logo with WORLD CHAMPS written underneath...I'm getting rave reviews on it but everyone keeps asking "Why no 2005?" Well I tell them when they win it in 2006, 2007, 2008 ect, then 2005 will look kinda dumb, because in my eye's they are forever the World Champs! The place I got it was giving them for half off, they said they did about 40 in the 4 days since theh won it!

mjharrison72
11-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Please tell me your next tattoo will be "Damaso Marte"!

DumpJerry
11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Please tell me your next tattoo will be "Damaso Marte"!
Ok.....I'm taking requests.:smile:

itsnotrequired
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Ok.....I'm taking requests.:smile:

Is it too late to get Mike Jackson?

DumpJerry
11-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Is it too late to get Mike Jackson?
Yes. I did get Royce Clayton today for good measure, however. I think I found a spot for D'Angelo Jimenez (don't tell Bafiarocks).

JohnBasedowYoda
11-30-2005, 01:31 PM

dudes don't get ankle tats.

TheDarkGundam
11-30-2005, 02:09 PM
IIRC, Steve Dahl said his family was gonna get Sox tattoos if they won the world series.

I wonder how that has turned out?

Epark84
11-30-2005, 02:12 PM
I got one on my left upper arm in June.

crazyozzie02
12-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Im planning to get one after x-mas

DaBears
12-02-2005, 04:27 PM
IIRC, Steve Dahl said his family was gonna get Sox tattoos if they won the world series.

I was wondering the same thing...any word?

antitwins13
12-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Still saving up the money for it.

Paxson93
12-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Steve Dahl said his family was gonna get Sox tattoos if they won the world series.

I remember back in the day when the Get Up Guy used to put temporary tattoos on his cheeks & said he would get them permanent when the Sox won the Series. He had apparently cleared this with his wife. :?:

soxfan13
12-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Mine also is still in the planning stage. Actually, have it planned LOL but is in the financial planning stage right now. Hopefully by the end of the year. will post picture when its done.,

IndySox
12-05-2005, 03:27 PM
I got mine one week after the Series was over. It is on my right bicep. I always said the only way I would ever get a tattoo was if the Sox won the Series. They did their part so I had to do mine.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it is the Sox logo in black ink.