PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Howry takes a swipe at the White Sox.

It's Time
11-29-2005, 05:45 PM
It was nice to see them win it," Howry said of the White Sox. "I think it's good for the city. But even though they won the World Series -- that's great and they may get a few more fans and sell more tickets, but it's still a Cubs town. It's not going to change.":?:

Sour grapes?:o:

DumpJerry
11-29-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot who he is playing for next year.......

peeonwrigley
11-29-2005, 05:57 PM
**** Howry. Can't wait to see him this season.

Dan Mega
11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
It was nice to see them win it," Howry said of the White Sox. "I think it's good for the city. But even though they won the World Series -- that's great and they may get a few more fans and sell more tickets, but it's still a Cubs town. It's not going to change.":?:

Still sour after the Cleveland Collapse, or perhaps he is going to a team far worse than the one he was on last year. Oh well.

mbwhitesox
11-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Does anyone really care what Bobby Howry thinks?

I know I don't

wolcott10
11-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Who's Bob Howry?

MarySwiss
11-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Meow.

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Not surprising. I remember him saying something along the same lines a few months ago about the White Sox right before the Indians folded.

Banix12
11-29-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't exactly consider it a swipe. As I recall Kenny and Ozzie have both said in the past that winning the world series once doesn't necessarily turn this into a sox town.

He said it was nice to see and he is speaking to his new fans which is the cubs fanbase, don't read too much into it.

FedEx227
11-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Not surprising. I remember him saying something along the same lines a few months ago about the White Sox right before the Indians folded.

I remember him saying something along th same lines right before HE folded!

http://boonewalk.ytmnd.com/

Lip Man 1
11-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Here is the final line from the next interview that you'll see here in a few weeks at WSI. The interview was conducted before the Sox won the World Series. Enjoy:

"People say Chicago is a Cubs town...thatís garbage...itís a White Sox town too."

Lip

ChiSoxIn06
11-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Who's Bob Howry?

Beat me to it...Just another reason why cubs players and fans are ignorant and clueless morons.

JUribe1989
11-29-2005, 06:58 PM
:dustin:
"Who is Bobby Howry?"

It's Time
11-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Here is the final line from the next interview that you'll see here in a few weeks at WSI. The interview was conducted before the Sox won the World Series. Enjoy:

"People say Chicago is a Cubs town...thatís garbage...itís a White Sox town too."

Lip

Lip:

Who is it?:smile:

Lip Man 1
11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
You'll just have to wait and see!

:smile:

Lip

The Deacon
11-29-2005, 07:29 PM

Well, he's right, it's not a SOX town. Isnt that why we all have chips on our shoulders and complain about media coverage, etc?
I enjoy being a fan of team that nobody likes. It's a part of our identity.

I can't WAIT to face Howry in the bottom of the 8th at home next year!

veeter
11-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I can't believe I'm wasting my 1000th post on this brainiac. But, what a loser. Man, these guys always forget where they came from. Enjoy fourth place and an ass beatin' this year, little Bobby.

nccwsfan
11-29-2005, 07:40 PM
OK Bobby, great point. By the way while you're in town make sure to stop by City Hall. I hear they've got the World Series trophy on display...it's the closest you or any Cub will get to a trophy, but take some nice photos for posterity sake.

Bobby Howry= No rings.

beckett21
11-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Cub fans will soon know him by his other alias:

:gascan

Corlose 15
11-29-2005, 07:49 PM
It was nice to see the Cubs overpay for Howry," Williams said of the signing. "I think it's good for the Sox. But even though Bobby finally got paid and the Cubs will sell a few more tickets, both parties still suck. It's not going to change."

Fixed it.

Viva Medias B's
11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Cub fans will soon know him by his other alias:

:gascan

Especially in HR friendly Wrigley Field.

Chisox003
11-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Bobby....Howry.....said this?!? The gas can himself?!?

Ha Ha, ok Bobby, if you say so. Welcome back to Chicago.

Why can't we get class acts like this to come (back) to the Southside?

:whiner:
:roflmao:

It's Time
11-29-2005, 08:14 PM
It's SO ON!!

antitwins13
11-29-2005, 08:31 PM
He's just stating the obvious.

jdm2662
11-29-2005, 08:33 PM
He took shots at the Sox before the Sept home series. So what? We are the World Series champs, and he's not. Next question.

RKMeibalane
11-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Who cares? Howry sucks, and he will continue to suck. He should mind his own business and worry about 2006. What the White Sox did in 2005 has nothing to do with the Cubs.

Hitmen77
11-29-2005, 09:00 PM
We're way ahead of Bobby. Here's my predicted headline from last week:

"Howry blasts Sox fans, glad to be playing for Chicago's real team"

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60696&page=15&pp=15

Or how about this prediction from last week:
Howry joins Tribune staff to bash Sox attendance!

Real Paul Sullivan Cubune article from today:
When Bob Howry was traded out of town in the summer of 2002, he wondered why White Sox fans rarely filled Comiskey Park, even when the team was contending.

Yep, Sox fans are just paranoid about the media's anti-Sox bias. :rolleyes:

MRKARNO
11-29-2005, 09:08 PM
White Sox take swipe at Howry back in September (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250920104)

tebman
11-29-2005, 09:11 PM
From the SI.com story (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/11/23/bc.bbn.cubs.howry.ap/) about Howry's deal with the wall-landscaping company on the north side:

"Howry, who is represented by agent Craig Landis, made $900,000 last season."

Landis must be a pretty good agent -- first of all, he's Jim Landis' son, which means he at least received the right genes. Secondly, he represents Paul Konerko, who by recent accounts appears to be coming back to Chicago. Thirdly, he got his client Howry a nice raise. And lastly, he introduced Howry to the no-mans land that is the Cubs after Howry had made his petulant cracks about the White Sox.

Just remember Bobby: Wrigley Field is where pitchers' careers go to die.

kevin57
11-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Funny, I heard just about the same comment from most of the Cub fans I know: "good for the city," but "city will always be a Cub town," etc.

When is that Cub parade again? :tongue:

JUribe1989
11-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Hmm....Bobby Howry? I'm trying to remember. Could he have been the guy WHO SINGLEHANDEDLY KILLED HIS TEAM'S MOMENTUM AT U.S. CELLULAR FIELD AND ULTIMATELY LED TO THE INDIANS DOWNFALL?
Bottom 7TH B:0 S:0 O:1
Pitcher Change: Bob Howry replaces Jake Westbrook.

Bottom 7TH B:4 S:0 O:1
Paul Konerko walks.

Bottom 7TH B:0 S:1 O:1
A. J. Pierzynski doubles (19) on a line drive to right fielder Casey Blake. Carl Everett scores. Paul Konerko to 3rd.

Bottom 7TH B:4 S:0 O:1
Bob Howry intentionally walks Jermaine Dye.

Bottom 7TH B:0 S:1 O:2
Aaron Rowand out on a sacrifice fly to right fielder Casey Blake. Paul Konerko scores. A. J. Pierzynski scores. Jermaine Dye to 2nd. Throwing error by first baseman Jose Hernandez.

Oh yeah, that's him! THE GASCAN HIMSELF!

JUribe1989
11-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Now it's all coming back to me. He ruined the game for his team in this one too. Another much needed win.

Bottom 9TH B:0 S:0 O:0
Pitcher Change: Bob Howry replaces Scott Sauerbeck.

Bottom 9TH B:0 S:1 O:0
Juan Castro singles on a bunt ground ball to third baseman Aaron Boone. Juan Castro advances to 2nd, on throwing error by third baseman Aaron Boone.

Bottom 9TH B:1 S:0 O:0
Nick Punto singles on a bunt ground ball to pitcher Bob Howry. Juan Castro scores. Throwing error by pitcher Bob Howry.

GAME! Sorry, I really really really hate Bobby Howry. He talks so much **** for a guy who can't do anything when his team needs him to.

rocky biddle
11-29-2005, 09:49 PM
I can't blame the guy for trying to endear himself to the sheep. Unfortunately all the anti-Sox comments in the world won't save him when he's getting shelled regularly next season. I'm guessing the world's greatest fans will be giving him the Latroy Hawkins treatment by the all-star break. But hey, good zinger there Bobby.

JUribe1989
11-29-2005, 09:51 PM
This guy is used to talking ****. He said the Indians would sweep right before the series at U.S. Cellular. Little did he know that he would be blowing game 2 in the 7th and eventually allowing the Sox to win a huge game that had to be won. Expect big save-blowing home runs on to Waveland from this gas can.

buehrle4cy05
11-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey Gascan, remember when you said the White Sox were overrated?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/1194436.jpg

Enough said. You won't ever see one of those in your career, and nor should you.

TomBradley72
11-30-2005, 08:16 AM

Bobby belongs in Cubbie blue...nothing in here about winning a championship, etc......Bobby if you're ultimate goal in your MLB career is to secure the Chicago attendance/popularity trophy...then you belong on the north side.

voodoochile
11-30-2005, 09:28 AM

No, I think they force every new Trib employee to have a chip installed in their brain which shocks them everytime the talk sports without saying that last line. Note the pause between the word "Series" and the word "That's". Bobby tried to stop speaking after giving the complement and was forced to continue to stop the pain...

Mickster
11-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Just remember Bobby: Wrigley Field is where pitchers' careers go to die.

http://www.rstn.tv/images/2005/02/27/ycpwIYeB.jpg
"I resemble that remark!"

Goose
11-30-2005, 09:39 AM
I see Ozzie getting his World Series Championship ring fitted for his middle finger...I also see Ozzie letting Bobby have a nice long look up close.

TDog
11-30-2005, 09:49 AM

Lip

If its about the baseball. But there are more Cubs fans than baseball fans out there.

voodoochile
11-30-2005, 09:53 AM
If its about the baseball. But there are more Cubs fans than baseball fans out there.

Not flubbie fans, FOW - Friends of Wrigley...

cleanwsox
11-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Haha, like we need another reason to hate the cubs. Can't wait to see him follow the pattern of other AL Central relievers moving to the cubs.... karchner.. hawkins... and now howry. enjoy the losing you scrub.

ChiSoxGirl
11-30-2005, 10:38 AM

What a tool! :kukoo:

white sox bill
12-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I know Howry was one of six players from white flag trade, the others were Caruso,Barcelona (sp)..anyone remember the other 3?

SoxSpeed22
12-01-2005, 03:01 PM
I know Howry was one of six players from white flag trade, the others were Caruso,Barcelona (sp)..anyone remember the other 3?Lorenzo Barcelo, Keith Foulke, Ken Vining, Brian Manning.

white sox bill
12-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Lorenzo Barcelo, Keith Foulke, Ken Vining, Brian Manning.

Is Barcelo,vining and manning even in baseball anymore?

SoxSpeed22
12-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Now it's all coming back to me. He ruined the game for his team in this one too. Another much needed win....
GAME! Sorry, I really really really hate Bobby Howry. He talks so much **** for a guy who can't do anything when his team needs him to.One more important one, the beginning of the end for those losers.

Bottom 9th B:0 S:0 O:0
Pitcher Change: Bob Howry replaces Jake Westbrook.

Bottom 9th B:0 S:0 O:0
Angel Berroa singles on a ground ball to left fielder Coco Crisp.

Bottom 9th B:0 S:0 O:1
Joe McEwing out on a sacrifice bunt to Bob Howry. Angel Berroa to 2nd.

Bottom 9th B:1 S:1 O:1
Paul Phillips doubles (3) on a fly ball to center fielder Grady Sizemore. Angel Berroa scores.

I am completely aware that Sizemore lost the ball, but indirectly, you can blame it on Howry. The run was earned after all. I can't wait to see what Howry gets from Cub fans.
And somewhat off-topic, I'm interested to know Cleveland's reaction after all the mediots pick them to win the World Series in '06. They crumbled when everyone picked them to win, one week before the season ended.

SoxSpeed22
12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Is Barcelo,vining and manning even in baseball anymore?No. Manning never made it. Vining appeared in 8 games with us in 2001. Barcelo has been done since 2002.
EDIT: And to respond to your sig. Hair-color wise, it's all good.

Optipessimism
12-01-2005, 04:58 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:vTYs5-gZHXEJ:www.public-health.uiowa.edu/face/Images/PHOTO-66.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/face/Images/PHOTO-66.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/face/Alerts/Garbage%2520Truck.html&h=165&w=252&sz=20&tbnid=vTYs5-gZHXEJ:&tbnh=69&tbnw=106&hl=en&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgarbage%2Btruck%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3De n%26lr%3D)
Eyre, now Howry. Keep digging, Jim Hendry. I hear there's a perfectly good Josh Paul in there somewhere, and afterall, you can never have too many Josh Pauls.

hawkeyesox17
12-02-2005, 04:02 AM

http://www.chemistrydaily.com/chemistry/upload/thumb/f/f8/180px-C-abe.png (http://www.chemistrydaily.com/chemistry/Image:C-abe.png) Oh, bitch, bitch, bitch.:cool: