PDA

View Full Version : Cubbie Kool Aid Warning!

Viva Magglio
12-19-2001, 08:20 AM
Now that they signed the overrated-injury prone-aging Moises Alou, watch for Cub fans to OD on Kool Aid.

Kilroy
12-19-2001, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Now that they signed the overrated-injury prone-aging Moises Alou, watch for Cub fans to OD on Kool Aid.

They have already started to imbibe. :gulp: Score guy Murph already has the Cubs as the favorite to win the NL Pennant. Seems to me they still had a few holes in their pitching last time I checked...

Viva Magglio
12-19-2001, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

They have already started to imbibe. :gulp: Score guy Murph already has the Cubs as the favorite to win the NL Pennant. Seems to me they still had a few holes in their pitching last time I checked...

Pullease! With Alou, I still think the Cubs are the third best team in their own division!

chisoxt
12-19-2001, 09:05 AM
Score guy Murph already has the Cubs as the favorite to win the NL Pennant. Seems to me they still had a few holes in their pitching last time I checked...

Yea, but knowing the Cubs good fortune and the state of contracts in baseball lately, I wouldn't be surprised if a team gave the Cubs a 20 game winner for one of their garbage prospects.

duke of dorwood
12-19-2001, 10:57 AM
He fell down to them. No one else wanted him. What does that tell you? Yes, the town is dripping Cub cool aid today. But it always does.

RedPinStripes
12-19-2001, 11:09 AM
I'm going to laugh when the Red Birds kick their ass all year.

Kilroy
12-19-2001, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He fell down to them. No one else wanted him. What does that tell you? Yes, the town is dripping Cub cool aid today. But it always does.

I agree with you here. Why would the Yanks go for Rondell White when Moises Alou was available? The white signing is so "non-Yankee".

cheeses_h_rice
12-19-2001, 12:27 PM
That's going to be one aging squad they're fielding this year.

Girardi at catcher, McGriff at first, Mueller at third, Alou and Sosa in the OF...am I missing anyone?

:woo-woo

Don't forget about me!

WinningUgly!
12-19-2001, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Girardi at catcher, McGriff at first, Mueller at third, Alou and Sosa in the OF...am I missing anyone?

Don't forget about me!

Deshields ain't exactly a spring chicken.

WinningUgly!
12-19-2001, 12:30 PM

I agree with you here. Why would the Yanks go for Rondell White when Moises Alou was available? The white signing is so "non-Yankee".

Classic sCrUB signing. A 3 year deal to a guy who will be 36 this season & has missed 224 games over the last 3 seasons...
:hawk
"That's-a-nice!"

Huisj
12-19-2001, 01:26 PM
Don't forget CF, I think they still have Michael Tucker, he ain't young either . . . unless they go with former super prospect Corey Patterson, but now everyone says he sucks and won't ever be any good. They are in trouble . . . darn! so sad :smile:

Not to mention, Kevin Tapani is one of their top pitchers still, his back is bound to be gone by the all star break, and Tom Gordon can't be counted on for more than 30 innings probably out of the pen.

cheeses_h_rice
12-19-2001, 01:29 PM
:chimp

Oh well! At least we have the ivy and :shammy !

Moses_Scurry
12-19-2001, 01:34 PM
Pullease! With Alou, I still think the Cubs are the third best team in their own division!

Don't forget the 3 brilliant pitching pickups that the Pirates made which will catapult them to the divisional title!!!!

:kipper :sean :fogg

irish rover
12-19-2001, 01:35 PM
I don't Tap is going to be coming back I think he is going to retire

PaleHoseGeorge
12-19-2001, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Don't forget about me!

:lynch&mcfail
"As part of our 2002 youth movement, Ronnie Woo-Woo will get a new set of teeth!"

GASHWOUND
12-19-2001, 08:30 PM

Thats nothing, as I mentioned before, score guy Tdub has them as World Series Contenders.

AsInWreck
12-19-2001, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Thats nothing, as I mentioned before, score guy Tdub has them as World Series Contenders.

That is ridiculous. How can the guy take a look at the cardinal's roster and seriously consider the cubs to be superior? I mean, Alou's not a bad
pickup, but the old-ass cubs overachieved last year and I'm sure there health insurance company raised the premium, this squad is crusty!

ihatethecubs
12-19-2001, 09:46 PM
alou isnt better or is hardly better than rondell white, but they still think this makes the cubs so much better. tommy williams said last night on the score "the sox have a decent shot at the playoffs, but i think the signing of alou makes the cubs world series contenders."

FarWestChicago
12-19-2001, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
alou isnt better or is hardly better than rondell white, but they still think this makes the cubs so much better. tommy williams said last night on the score "the sox have a decent shot at the playoffs, but i think the signing of alou makes the cubs world series contenders." Tommy took a good hit of Blue Rock before that comment. :smile:

WinningUgly!
12-19-2001, 10:13 PM
alou isnt better or is hardly better than rondell white, but they still think this makes the cubs so much better. tommy williams said last night on the score "the sox have a decent shot at the playoffs, but i think the signing of alou makes the cubs world series contenders."

Attention Tommy Williams!!! EY & Gutierez>Deshields & 'Lil Gonzo! Big time downgrades! Also, that stinkin' bullpen is coming back down to earth this season. I promise you they won't win 75 games this year...Paht-nuh!

Note: That's how Tommy Williams says "partner"...paht-nuh!

ihatethecubs
12-19-2001, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Tommy took a good hit of Blue Rock before that comment. :smile:

there was real sincerety in his voice when he said it too. and his little punk cub fan producer kevin freedman was taking shots at the sox all night cuz he thinks the cubs are so much better now that they have alou. i never have called in to that crap show but i wanted to last night

FarWestChicago
12-19-2001, 10:17 PM

there was real sincerety in his voice when he said it too. and his little punk cub fan producer kevin freedman was taking shots at the sox all night cuz he thinks the cubs are so much better now that they have alou. i never have called in to that crap show but i wanted to last night Those guys don't need a phone call. They need intervention before they join LT.

Viva Magglio
12-19-2001, 10:41 PM

http://images.radcity.net/5208/28644-s.jpg
The Cubs are World Series contenders.

:DJ
Here's a reminder:

http://images.radcity.net/5208/28608-s.jpg http://images.radcity.net/5208/28643-s.jpg
Turn into our show on the Score SportsRadio 670 this Thursday at 11:30 a.m. for

:iron
Who you crappin'?

GASHWOUND
12-19-2001, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Those guys don't need a phone call. They need intervention before they join LT.

lol, do you get the Score there in the valley? They say its on in 38 states.

Viva Magglio
12-19-2001, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Attention Tommy Williams!!! EY & Gutierez>Deshields & 'Lil Gonzo! Big time downgrades! Also, that stinkin' bullpen is coming back down to earth this season. I promise you they won't win 75 games this year...Paht-nuh!

Note: That's how Tommy Williams says "partner"...paht-nuh!

And those morons running the Score fired Les and replaced him with this nonsense.

FarWestChicago
12-19-2001, 11:10 PM

lol, do you get the Score there in the valley? They say its on in 38 states. Not that I know of. We're pretty far away. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
12-20-2001, 04:15 AM
I get the Score up here at night and early in the morning. I got the hear Murph going on and on about how the Cubs now have the best 3-4-5 since Williams, Santo and Banks. No matter how hard he tries to become cynical, he just can't help himself.

RedPinStripes
12-20-2001, 05:19 AM
:moron
"Quit picking on my buddy Murph!"

bjmarte
12-20-2001, 10:27 AM

Sure it is a little shocking when people you didn't know were cub fans show their true color, but did anyone really expect a different reaction from the flub fans? This is all good news really because the more the cub fans get worked up now, the more fun it will be to watch their feeble little hopes get crushed. Especially when we tromp them in the cross-town! :smile:

Kilroy
12-20-2001, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte
Sure it is a little shocking when people you didn't know were cub fans show their true color, but did anyone really expect a different reaction from the flub fans? This is all good news really because the more the cub fans get worked up now, the more fun it will be to watch their feeble little hopes get crushed. Especially when we tromp them in the cross-town!

Well, to T-Dub's credit, he is not a Cub fan, he is a Pirate fan, but that doesn't make his coronation of the Cubs as Series contenders any less stupid.

And aside from the Sox taking 4 of 6 from the losers up north, there was no greater moment last season than listening to the whining of Cub fans as they faded out of contention...

Foulke You
12-20-2001, 05:11 PM
Yes it was indeed sweet when that "magical" 2001 Cubs season ended the way it did. I don't see how anyone with baseball sense can say this 2002 Cubs team is better than last year. They are weaker up the middle offensively. They lost Van Poppel and Weathers in their bullpen. They've lost Tapani in their rotation and McGriff played like he was homesick for Tampa when he was with the Cubs. Yet, the Alou signing has everyone all jacked up in the pro-Cub media. It shouldn't surprise us though. It's not the first time this has happened.

RichH55
12-22-2001, 08:21 AM
I would watch the standings last year and then look at their ballclub and all I could think was how? That pitching staff was their lifeblood and an overachieving lifeblood at that..and how do they reward that? They fire the pitching coach that most of the overachievers credited with their success...brillant! Always good when your 20 game winner and most realiable starter comes out in the media as angry with a move the club makes...I think losing Oscar might hurt more than they want to admit...My goal is to find a flubs fan willing to bet me Fassero will put up similar numbers to last year... :cool: