PDA

View Full Version : Paulie Walnuts and Liefer

IA_soxfan
07-27-2001, 09:26 PM
I think one of these guys need to be traded before the deadline. We are overloaded in the 1b/dh category. I really don't know which would be better to dump though. Liefer has better defence than konerko's, but konehead is a strong presence in the clubhouse, as well as more experienced. What do you guys think?

Tragg
07-27-2001, 09:32 PM
The problem with trading Liefer is that kenny williams will get his usual A ball player in return.

If we are going to make a trade, make a serious trade: konerko or lee. I wouldn't do it this year, but when borchard's ready, perhaps so.

Can't Liefer play outfield as well?

IA_soxfan
07-27-2001, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I think Liefer can play all of the corner spots, but that give Jerry more of an ability to use dozens of lineups, which only serve to confuse and alienate the players.

Mathew
07-27-2001, 09:36 PM
Leifer is bad. I'm sorry he has very little upside apart from being left-handed. His power is killed by his slowness and no average.

Daver
07-27-2001, 09:43 PM
Konerko is the obvious trade,because Leifer has left handed power,something this team has lacked for a few years,but, Iwould trade Perry since Leifer can play 3rd and Crede is not ready.But then again what the hell do I know?