PDA

View Full Version : Milton Bradley?

nodiggity59
11-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Feel free to use the chunks tag, but personality problems aside this guy would be perfect for us. He'll be 28 in April and the last full season he played he put up a .267 AVG, .350 OBP, .424 SLG. He has good speed, can bunt, plays good defense, and has patience at the plate. If we got him he could hit in the 2 spot and we could conceivably end up with this if we re signed PK:

Pods
Bradley
Dye
PK
Thome
Gooch
AJP
Crede
Uribe

Just a thought but if Ozzie is as good with players as his press clippings say he is and KW is all about giving 2nd chances, then this could be a move to make. It would be very reminiscent of picking up Dennis Rodman.

Chisox003
11-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Feel free to use the chunks tag
I'm sure someone will, but I will just simply go with "NO!"

Madvora
11-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Feel free to use the chunks tag, but personality problems aside this guy would be perfect for us. He'll be 28 in April and the last full season he played he put up a .267 AVG, .350 OBP, .424 SLG. He has good speed, can bunt, plays good defense, and has patience at the plate. If we got him he could hit in the 2 spot and we could conceivably end up with this if we re signed PK:

Pods
Bradley
Dye
PK
Thome
Gooch
AJP
Crede
Uribe

Just a thought but if Ozzie is as good with players as his press clippings say he is and KW is all about giving 2nd chances, then this could be a move to make. It would be very reminiscent of picking up Dennis Rodman.
He made $2.5 million last year. I'll take my chances with Anderson out there.

Tekijawa
11-29-2005, 01:18 PM

Why does everyone hate Anderson as much as they hated Rowand 2 years ago? Why can't we just accept that he'll be out there next year... Probably running bad routes!

nodiggity59
11-29-2005, 01:19 PM

Fair enough, but we know KW is looking at changes in the OF to bolster the #2 hole. If that's true, I can't think of a move that would be better than this IF his issues can be resolved. Basically, I want no part of Pierre/Gathright, etc.

SOXPHILE
11-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Oh dear lord....

LuvSox
11-29-2005, 01:37 PM
:threadblows:.

Madvora
11-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Why does everyone hate Anderson as much as they hated Rowand 2 years ago? Why can't we just accept that he'll be out there next year... Probably running bad routes!
I'm all for it. I like Anderson.

wsox3505
11-29-2005, 01:45 PM

This would technically be Bradley's 4th chance:

Expos-Tribe-Dodgers-Wsox?

No thank you.

antitwins13
11-29-2005, 01:53 PM
He's a club house cancer. End of story.

palehozenychicty
11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
:chunks here you go. i'm cool without mr. connect four.

MadetoOrta
11-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Many Sox fans hate Anderson like they hated Rowand and - before that - hated Ordonez when Jeff Abbot was clearly the superior player. What I don't understand about the teeth knshing re Anderson is where's the track record of failure? Anderson succeeds at every level he's ever played, is a 1st round pick for a reason, has great physical skills and has a high upside than Rowand.

nodiggity59
11-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Many Sox fans hate Anderson like they hated Rowand and - before that - hated Ordonez when Jeff Abbot was clearly the superior player. What I don't understand about the teeth knshing re Anderson is where's the track record of failure? Anderson succeeds at every level he's ever played, is a 1st round pick for a reason, has great physical skills and has a high upside than Rowand.

I have never bashed Anderson. I merely am acknowledging the fact that KW is looking for a #2 hitter, probably a center fielder. Whether you like Anderson is pointless compared to the reality that KW is exploring, and it is reasonable to think of some candidates. If I had it my way, I'd probably stand pat with Anderson too. But to not consider candidates when so many reports have indicated KW is looking for someone is strange given how much we all obsess over this team.

caulfield12
11-29-2005, 07:45 PM

I donīt remember thinking Abbott was a superior player. He had a great batting average, but did not hit for power and was reputed to be a clubhouse problem with his attitude. Magglio came up from nowhere and also huge minor league seasons...but I never remember thinking of Abbott as a long-term starter because of his lack of power, defense and speed.

A. Cavatica
11-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Well, we do have a spot open at Designated Lunatic...

:everett:

Tragg
11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
We're rich in the OF in the minors; we need to play anderson or trade him. Time to play him; the ones that work out provide great payroll flexibility to allow us to add a superstar here and there.
Anderson also doesn't threaten our D, unlike the usual suspects in CF (pods, pierre, et al).

RKMeibalane
11-29-2005, 09:40 PM
The answer's always no.

Brian26
11-29-2005, 10:21 PM
I have never bashed Anderson. I merely am acknowledging the fact that KW is looking for a #2 hitter, probably a center fielder.

I think it all depends on what happens with PK. If we resign him, I'm 99.9% sure Anderson starts the year in centerfield. I don't think people "hate" Anderson right now as much as they just aren't sold on him yet. That Friday night game in Seattle was just a small preview of what he can do with regular playing time. I think he's going to be a good player.

buehrle4cy05
11-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Well, we do have a spot open at Designated Lunatic...

:everett:

Carl didn't have a short fuse, unless an umpire ****ed him on a call. If that was the case, then Carl was liable to do anything from scream and shout to head-butting the ump. Bradley will get pissed at almost anything, and possibly go smash a beer bottle at the feet of a fan or throw a bag of balls onto field.

Tragg
11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Rotoworld ranked the CFs using offense and defense (and I know, their methodology may be dubious) and Rowand was #11, Bradley #16 and Pierre #21. Now if you have a big hole to fill, it makes sense to sign a mediocre or worse ballplayer to a low contract. But to give up talent to trade for medicore players when you have promising youngsters? I don't see it and I never have.
We don't need players like this because we have no real weakspot.

beckett21
11-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Carl didn't have a short fuse, unless an umpire ****ed him on a call. If that was the case, then Carl was liable to do anything from scream and shout to head-butting the ump. Bradley will get pissed at almost anything, and possibly go smash a beer bottle at the feet of a fan or throw a bag of balls onto field.

Bradley has serious, serious (repeated for emphasis) anger management issues.

No, no, no, no, and no. That clown belongs in a strait jacket. :kukoo:

monkeypants
11-29-2005, 11:51 PM
:bundy