PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Sox dvds

StockdaleForVeep
11-29-2005, 03:23 AM
Im finding it hard to find out what dvds are out now\which are which so im wondering if i can find some clarification

I know MLB has the whitesox world series dvd out and comcast had their dvd screening and in march they will release the dvd of the world series games.

So how many dvd's exactly are out and which ones are which. Also, for the ones not out yet, when do they come out

anewman35
11-29-2005, 06:42 AM
Im finding it hard to find out what dvds are out now\which are which so im wondering if i can find some clarification

I know MLB has the whitesox world series dvd out and comcast had their dvd screening and in march they will release the dvd of the world series games.

So how many dvd's exactly are out and which ones are which. Also, for the ones not out yet, when do they come out

Three things:

1) The MLB World Series DVD, out today.

2) The Comcast "Sox Pride" DVD, out next Tuesday

3) The World Series box set, out in March.

DumpJerry
11-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Three things:

Are you sure? The program Comcast had on Thursday last week was produced by MLB, is that the MLB World Series DVD and not the Comcast DVD? If so, why would Comcast showcase a competitor's DVD instead of their own?

Things were much more simple when this was a Cubs town.

kjkobs
11-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Three things:

This is indeed correct

1951Campbell
11-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Three things:

MLB vs. Concast: are they both just one DVD, or is one longer than the other?

WCCMIKE
11-29-2005, 08:15 AM
In another post someone posted this

A dvd of the entire Sox season,will include behind the scenes sound and extra features like our ballpark opening video,commercials,comcast coverge of the parade and rally ,is due out in December

So wait is that 4 dvds

BeviBall!
11-29-2005, 08:20 AM
The world series DVD has been out for a few days already. I think they released it early in the Chicagoland area as the national release date remains today. Regardless, I've had mine for 4 days.

Iwritecode
11-29-2005, 08:23 AM
In another post someone posted this

A dvd of the entire Sox season,will include behind the scenes sound and extra features like our ballpark opening video,commercials,comcast coverge of the parade and rally ,is due out in December

So wait is that 4 dvds

I'm pretty sure that is the Comcast "Sox Pride" DVD.

Iwritecode
11-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Are you sure? The program Comcast had on Thursday last week was produced by MLB, is that the MLB World Series DVD and not the Comcast DVD? If so, why would Comcast showcase a competitor's DVD instead of their own?

Things were much more simple when this was a Cubs town.

They struck a deal with MLB. They are showing both. Just check out the schedule stuck at the top:

Thursday, November 24

7:00 PM 2005 Official World Series Film (DEBUT: 90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Friday, December 2

10:30 PM 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Tuesday, December 6

7:00 PM Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox(DEBUT: 90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

8:30 PM 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Saturday, December 10

12:00 PM Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Saturday, December 17

7:00 PM Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Law11
11-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that is the Comcast "Sox Pride" DVD.

The first reply hit it on the head.

MLB WS - released last week to Chgo. 20.00
Sox pride next week - Comcast 2005 sox season 20.00
MLB WS collectors edition in March - Price TBD

Lip Man 1
11-29-2005, 12:48 PM
This isn't that hard to figure out.

MLB released the yearly DVD of the 2005 World Series.

Comcast Sports Chicago is releasing the 'yearly' highlight DVD/tape of the 2005 SEASON. Just like they sell at Sox Fest every year highlighting the previous year and that the Sox have been doing since at least as far back as 1981. (Which is the first one that I have...)

A&E is releasing the four World Series games in March. Now there has been speculation on WSI that they are also going to release the 5 games of the ALCS as well, much like they did in 2004 for the Red Sox, but at this point there is no direct evidence for this. I recall much of the speculation centers around the design of the box and comparing it to what they did in 2004.

There you go.

Lip

Brian26
11-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Comcast Sports Chicago is releasing the 'yearly' highlight DVD/tape of the 2005 SEASON. Just like they sell at Sox Fest every year highlighting the previous year and that the Sox have been doing since at least as far back as 1981. (Which is the first one that I have...)Lip

Lip- I wasn't aware that the Sox were producing the year-in-review videos through the late 90's/early 2000's. I know they put one together for 2004 (Wills narrated it, and it was shown at least once this season during a rain delay). The last one that I saw was for the '93 playoff team (shows that great segment from TWIB with Bo Jackson playing a prank on McKaskill with the ping pong champion in the lockerroom).

daveeym
11-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Comcast Sports Chicago is releasing the 'yearly' highlight DVD/tape of the 2005 SEASON. Just like they sell at Sox Fest every year highlighting the previous year and that the Sox have been doing since at least as far back as 1981. (Which is the first one that I have...)
Lip Wow that must be the first DVD ever then. :gulp:

Lip Man 1
11-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Brian:

For example. I have in my Sox library, highlight tapes from 1981, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 and soon to be 2005. (all winning seasons...)

The Sox did not do a highlight tape for 1994 despite the team being in first place at the time of the labor impasse and for some reason they also did not do one for 1996.

I have heard that the Sox actually had twenty to thirty minute highlight 'films' before 1981 that they used to show in the off season to church groups, social organizations and so forth in an effort to increase off season ticket sales but I have never actually seen any of those. If they were to still have them from say the 1960's (particularly 1964 and 1967) that would be worth a fortune to a Sox collector.

I know for example that the NFL was doing this in the 1960's since I have Bears yearly highlight tapes from 1963, 1965 and 1967 narrated by Jack Brickhouse. (In addition I also have Bears yearly highlight tapes from 1984, both versions from 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1994, 1995 and 2001)

Lip

richb2
11-29-2005, 09:46 PM
the major league dvd was out here in stores in San jose California today and all I can say is wow wow wow, what a video. The extras are pretty neat especially hearing the sox radio announcers call the last three outs and watching the aftermath on the field and in the club house.

TDog
11-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Wow that must be the first DVD ever then. :gulp:

Actually, the White Sox marketing department invented DVD technology, but Cubs fans exist it didn't exist before they started noticing the format.

havelj
12-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Other than the Internet:

Does anyone know where (actual store) to purchase the newest White Sox DVD, "Chicago White Sox Pride - The Story of the World Champion 2005 Chicago White Sox!" that was released last week.

SoxFan78
12-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Other than the Internet:

Does anyone know where (actual store) to purchase the newest White Sox DVD, "Chicago White Sox Pride - The Story of the World Champion 2005 Chicago White Sox!" that was released last week.

I got mine at a Best Buy

credeistheman
12-15-2005, 04:51 AM
wait, wait, wait. i gotta plunk down a bunch of loot for the a&e dvd of the ws and all i get is four games?! that's a travesty! there should be at least five or six games with the kind of money they're charging for these things!:mad: :o: :D:

Crede_Fan
12-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Other than the Internet:

I also got mine at BestBuy, but I have seen it at a few different bookstores.