PDA

View Full Version : Boo or cheer Konerko IF he leaves?

mike squires
11-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Say Konerko accepts the Angels offer or any team for that matter. Is he booed next time he steps foot into Comiskey??? Touchy subject I know but will we cheer him and give him a standing ovation for helping us get the title or do we boo him and see him as another greedy Maggs?

KRS1
11-28-2005, 11:18 PM
How bout we wait a while to ask this question.

popilius
11-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Well, anybody who's helps my team win a championship will be cheered for the rest of his life (and mine).

:gulp:

antitwins13
11-28-2005, 11:21 PM
I cheer him if he leaves on positive terms. If he spews verbal diarrhea about the Sox after he leaves I will have no problem booing just like I did to Maggs.

Tragg
11-28-2005, 11:34 PM
He shouldn't be booed.

kittle42
11-28-2005, 11:36 PM
:threadsucks

The Dude
11-29-2005, 12:37 AM
How the **** can you boo him or anyone ever from this team??????? Rowand Blum, Carl, etc. will always get a standing ovation forever no matter what because they were part of a team that did the unthinkable in this city.

SOXintheBURGH
11-29-2005, 12:43 AM
How the **** can you boo him or anyone ever from this team??????? Rowand Blum, Carl, etc. will always get a standing ovation forever no matter what because they were part of a team that did the unthinkable in this city.

Exactly. I mean, I have nothing more to add.

:threadsucks

MUsoxfan
11-29-2005, 12:49 AM

Agreed. These guys would have to go as far as spit on a Sox jersey before I can ever think of booing any of them.

getonbckthr
11-29-2005, 01:23 AM
All depends on how he exits. Classy, could not turn down the offer exit will get cheered. Accepts a deal around 500,000 more to any offer less than sox offer per year he will get booed.

MUsoxfan
11-29-2005, 01:25 AM
All depends on how he exits. Classy, could not turn down the offer exit will get cheered. Accepts a deal around 500,000 more to any offer less than sox offer per year he will get booed.

If you boo him, you're sick

The Dude
11-29-2005, 01:31 AM
I cheer him if he leaves on positive terms. If he spews verbal diarrhea about the Sox after he leaves I will have no problem booing just like I did to Maggs.

Will you boo Favre when they fire Sherman and he spurts diarrhea about the Packer front office?

Stroker Ace
11-29-2005, 01:58 AM
I'll cheer for him as long as he doesn't pull a maggs. I'll also cheer for Everett and Blum because they left on their own terms and were key parts for the Sox.

kittle42
11-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Everett and Blum because they left on their own terms and were key parts for the Sox.

Did Everett not have an option that was declined? Maybe I'm wrong and he was just an FA...

mccoydp
11-29-2005, 06:36 AM

Ditto. Well said.

getonbckthr
11-29-2005, 07:43 AM
How can I boo anyone from last years team easy. Now Rowand he was traded that wasn't his decision, he won't get booed. Blum went back home, that was probably agreed upon before the deal was official in July, can never fault a guy for going home. Everett and Thomas the White Sox declined their option again not their fault. This leaves us with Paulie. If he chooses to leave for a little bit more cash to go to a rebuilding program like Arizona or LA he will get booed. If he goes to Baltimore for any price he will get booed because with their problems that shows off greed, he will get booed. My hatred for New York and Boston far exceeds anything else, even Graffinino got booed in Boston from me. In those 2 cases Paulie will get booed. Now if Anaheim offers him some rediculous offer like 17-18 million a year I will be the first guy to tell Paulie to take the money and run, cause thats a steal. My loyalties are to the Chicago White Sox team not its former players.

Deuce
11-29-2005, 08:06 AM
I'm not going to boo the guy for leaving the Sox, but I'm not going to give him a standing "O" if he comes back to Chicago in a different uniform. Thats a little much.

kevin57
11-29-2005, 08:07 AM
I could never boo Konerko, but my applause, appreciation, admiration would be greatly reduced assuming...

the Sox do make a respectable bid to keep him and he were to exit with class (BTW, I do think both of these will happen...but I've seen crazier things happen in baseball.)

Baby Fisk
11-29-2005, 08:08 AM
After that Grand Slam, I will cheer him the rest of his career.

kittle42
11-29-2005, 12:49 PM
How can I boo anyone from last years team easy. Now Rowand he was traded that wasn't his decision, he won't get booed. Blum went back home, that was probably agreed upon before the deal was official in July, can never fault a guy for going home. Everett and Thomas the White Sox declined their option again not their fault. This leaves us with Paulie. If he chooses to leave for a little bit more cash to go to a rebuilding program like Arizona or LA he will get booed. If he goes to Baltimore for any price he will get booed because with their problems that shows off greed, he will get booed. My hatred for New York and Boston far exceeds anything else, even Graffinino got booed in Boston from me. In those 2 cases Paulie will get booed. Now if Anaheim offers him some rediculous offer like 17-18 million a year I will be the first guy to tell Paulie to take the money and run, cause thats a steal. My loyalties are to the Chicago White Sox team not its former players.

Here goes the greed thing again...it's sports. As long as he doesn't start running his mouth unprofessionally a la Ordonez, Konerko would get cheered just as Baines did every time he came back when he was with opposing teams.

TomParrish79
11-29-2005, 12:57 PM
anyone who boo's him is a dumbass and just a crappy "what have you done for me lately" fan

i agree that no member of the championship team should ever be boo'd by sox fans

kittle42
11-29-2005, 01:05 PM
anyone who boo's him is a dumbass and just a crappy "what have you done for me lately" fan

i agree that no member of the championship team should ever be boo'd by sox fans

:?:

White Sox Randy
11-29-2005, 02:14 PM
You don't boo Paulie. He has been a class act and has the right to accept more money elsewhere.

He will never be JAGGLIO!

The Deacon
11-29-2005, 02:21 PM
You don't boo Paulie. He has been a class act and has the right to accept more money elsewhere.

He will never be JAGGLIO!

I have a bad feeling the SOX will offer him the same contract as LAA and he will choose them over us. I won't boo him, but it will leave a bitter taste......

Madvora
11-29-2005, 02:33 PM
even Graffinino got booed in Boston from me.
What!?

He left the Sox to have a starting job on the Royals, then was traded to the Red Sox. Are you just booing the Red Sox I hope? Because I can't figure out what you would have against Tony G in this situation.

TomParrish79
11-29-2005, 02:59 PM
some people dont think, they just boo for spite

If Pauly chooses to take more money, more power to him, he has earned it. As many other posters have said, as long as he doesnt bad mouth the organization...then he should be cheered by all of us no matter where he ends up.

kittle42
11-29-2005, 03:32 PM
some people dont think

Change the some to "most" and I might make it my new sig!

RKMeibalane
11-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Cheer. If it hadn't been for Konerko, the White Sox may not have won the WS. Besides, this situation with his contract is nothing like what happened 2004 with That Other Guy. Konerko has handled himself well, and so I don't have a problem with his choosing one team or another- though it appears he's decided to come back to the Sox.

RKMeibalane
11-29-2005, 10:17 PM
:?:

I had the same thought. Who "know's" what kids are learning in English class these days? :cool:

buehrle4cy05
11-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Cheer. Unlike Magglio Ordonez, he won an ALCS MVP, hit a granny in the World Series, and was the rock in our lineup this season.