PDA

View Full Version : Grady Little being interviewed by LA

Fenway
11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Now I know Frank McCourt is insane

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2238705

antitwins13
11-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I don't see why Little is a bad maneger. He was fired for making one mistake in the ALCS.

samram
11-28-2005, 07:46 PM
I love when teams just think up some guy to bring in to interview just because he's been a manager in the past. Little has never done anything to distinguish himself as a manager and now could get his second high-profile job.

nccwsfan
11-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Frank & Jamie McCourt= :dunno:

They're in over their heads with that team, and it's a shame because they were one of the model franchises in the game. They've made so many questionable decisions with that team that it's impossible to tell when they'll get back to normal.

SoxSpeed22
11-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Little has never done anything to distinguish himself as a manager and now could get his second high-profile job.He had a good team to work with and did well with them, winning 94 and 95 games in '02 and '03 respectively. There are more managers out there, but Little has experience with a veteran team. Besides, if LA hires him, then we won't have a "Joey Cora watch" until 2007.:wink:

NonetheLoaiza
11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
All I know is that LA better get a manager as soon as possible. It is amazing how they have been dragging their feet about this. Now, I understand that they just hired a GM, but they can't do anything free agent wise until they get a manager, and hopefully for them, that is soon.

samram
11-28-2005, 08:23 PM
He had a good team to work with and did well with them, winning 94 and 95 games in '02 and '03 respectively. There are more managers out there, but Little has experience with a veteran team. Besides, if LA hires him, then we won't have a "Joey Cora watch" until 2007.:wink:

Anyone could have won 95 games with those Boston teams. I just see Little as a generic hire and would like to see one of my favorite teams think outside the box. Cora's not a bad thought for the future, although I'm not sure that I want the managerial philosophy to be just run until someone tags you out.:D:

Baby Fisk
11-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Seriously, *** is wrong with the Dodgers???

nccwsfan
11-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Seriously, *** is wrong with the Dodgers???

A lot of it has to do with their owners, Frank & Jamie McCourt. They purchased the team under questionable finances, have alienated and fired well respected members in their organization, and have reduced payroll annually when they promised to keep it at $100 million. Apparently they're windsocks who cave in at the slightest bit of PR pressure.

The Paul DePosdesta era was another key blunder- a horrible GM who had not only brought in questionable players but had been more or less in seclusion during games. He turned a division winner into a 70 win team with chemistry issues in 18 months.

It got so bad in LA that people were turning down interview offers- GM's like John Hart and Jim Bowden (who is not guaranteed a position after 4/2006). They've been lauded for hiring Ned Colleti, but they're still without a manager to lead the team.

If you're still interested google from Frank/Jamie McCourt articles, Paul DePodesta articles, and some from the LA Times.

Fenway
11-29-2005, 10:06 AM
I don't see why Little is a bad maneger. He was fired for making one mistake in the ALCS.

Mrs. O'Leary didn't mean to leave the latern near the cow either

What is wrong with the Dodgers? Parking Lot Frank and his wife PERIOD!!!!