PDA

View Full Version : Post-Post-Season Poll: Which was your favourite 2005 Post-Season Game?

Baby Fisk
11-28-2005, 08:57 AM
It's been a month since the night that changed all our lives. The glow is still there, but now that we can flip through the commemorative mags, view the DVDs and enjoy the great memories, which 2005 Post-Season Game stands out as your favourite?

skottyj242
11-28-2005, 09:06 AM
I voted for game 2 of the World Series pretty much just because I was there. I'll never forget any moment of that game. On Thanksgiving I went to my parents and watched it on a DVD my dad made.

bobwsx
11-28-2005, 09:15 AM
I voted for game 2 of the World Series pretty much just because I was there. I'll never forget any moment of that game. On Thanksgiving I went to my parents and watched it on a DVD my dad made.I wasn't their but,I had to vote for Game Two.Just because nobody expected Pods to hit that out.The Konerko grand slam was kinda nice too.

hold2dibber
11-28-2005, 09:24 AM
I voted for game 1 of the ALDS for two reasons: (1) I was there with my 10 year old son and it was just amazing experiencing that kind of euphoria with him; and (2) it was just a huge relief and feeling of exhileration, especially after the Sox inability to score runs in 2000 (and '83 for that matter) to come out and annihilate the reigning world champs like that. It was the most fun I've ever had at a game ever (replacing the '83 division clinching game, which slides down a slot to no. 2).

nccwsfan
11-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Too many games to choose from...obviously World Series games hold more meaning, but the drama that went with some of the ALDS and ALCS games will stick with me for a long time too.

ALDS
Games 2 and 3

ALCS
Games 2 and 5

World Series
Every game

It was nothing short of a magical postseason for this team, and I loved every moment of it!

kevin57
11-28-2005, 11:18 AM
In all honesty, I wanted to vote, "Can't pick one." They were all good games, simply from a baseball standpoint and from the White Sox standpoint, all will be carved into our memories. But I figure the "Can't pick one" option is a bit of a cop-out, so I chose Game 4 of the WS. That's where everything led; that's where everything ended. :D:

Madvora
11-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Definitely World Series game 2. Best game I have ever seen in my life.

I was at the 14-2 pounding of Boston ALDS game 1 and that was great too, but nothing like WS game 2.

I was also at ALCS game 2, but I was way too stressed out until the bottom of the 9th to say that I enjoyed anymore than 5 minutes of that game.

Sox-on-TV44
11-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Three words...

I can't decide!!!!

All the Sox postseason games are classics!!!

(Except Game 1 of the ALCS,we all know why!)

samram
11-28-2005, 12:02 PM
I went with Game 4 of the ALCS. It was the first game I saw in its entirety and I think it was their best all around game. They beat LAA from the first pitch that night and I think the first inning of that game basically told LAA that they had no chance of coming back from being down 2-1.

Game 2 of the World Series would have been it if not for Jenks blowing the save. The PK grand slam was the greatest moment I've witnessed as a Sox fan.

Dan Mega
11-28-2005, 12:05 PM
I went with game 4 of the World Series because it had the best result out of all of them.:D:

antitwins13
11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
I said AJ and Joe cuz I was at that game in person.

batmanZoSo
11-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Game 2 of the Series. Imagine if we had lost that game and went to Houston facing Oswalt down 4-0. I think we pretty much sealed our fate with Game 2, because you knew there was no way in hell this team was going to surrender a 2-0 lead in any series. We get the tiniest break and Konerko hits a grand slam. You had to be absolutely perfect to beat the Sox, and no one could manage that. Then Podsednik came up and said get out of our way, Houston.

Game 1 of the ALDS was such a cathartic experience in a way for Sox fans. It was a huge relief. It was so critical to win our first game and get a home playoff win out of our system and they did it by beating the ever-loving @#$% out of Boston. Game 2 of that series was great, too, but kind of dull excluding that 5 spot.

Baby Fisk
11-28-2005, 12:37 PM
My decision came down to ALDS Game 3 and WS Game 3.

ALDS 3: I got to watch this in Monk's bar packed with WSIers and dozens of other Sox fans (bear in mind this would have been an entirely new and awesome experience for me as a distant Sox fan). The epic 6th inning seemed to go on forever. When Marte almost blew the game for Garcia, you could feel the tension in the room. Then El Duque pitched his greatest inning as a Sox -- with Damon's third strike and Duque bounding off the mound, the place went completely nuts. I loved it! :bandance:

WS 3: The entire game was an epic. Every post-season has one of these types of games: a marathon where both rosters get used up and the teams are down to fumes in the final innings. Someone always comes out of nowhere to make history and this time it was Geoff Freakin Blum! When his HR left the park, the euphoria was incredible. I still have saved the barrage of deranged e-mails I fired off to friends at 2:30 that morning (eastern). Wild and unforgettable -- I went with this one. :bandance:

TheDarkGundam
11-28-2005, 02:29 PM
WS game 2. I'll never forget Pods' homerun.
Me: "C'mon. There's no way that's going out...YES!!!!!!"
combine that with PK's grand slam. Awesome game.

Madvora
11-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Game 2 of the World Series would have been it if not for Jenks blowing the save.
Yeah, but in a baseball sense, it was a great game. It featured a 9th inning comback by Houston and a very close play at the plate only to be taken right back by the most unlikely homerun of all time.

miker
11-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Truth is, it's like potato chips, I couldn't pick just one!

Max Power
11-28-2005, 04:17 PM
I picked Game 1 vs. Boston. Being there might have had a little influence on my decision. :smile: However, I do think it was a very significant game from a confidence standpoint. I think a lot of people- including me- were just hoping we'd do a little better in the postseason than in 2000. After that game anything seemed possible.

starboy0
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Hard to pick just one but I pick: ALCS 2 - "Pierzynski and Crede save the day."

We lose that game and we go into Anaheim down 0 - 2. Then have the entire off day to think about it.

Shudder.

Daver
11-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Game three of the ALDS.

I don't think I have ever seen a better half inning of pitching than what Orlando Hernandez delivered in that game, it set the tone for the rest of the post season.

DumpJerry
11-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Game 2 WS. However, there are many, like 10 others, that come in a close second.

ElDuque26
11-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I had to pick ALDS game 2 w/ iguchis three run bomb because i was there and it was the best atmosphere i have ever been a part of in my life...cant wait to hit up the cell in 06!

rookie
11-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Have 2 love them all! But if you have to pick, ALDS game 3. That was the most incredible piece of work that I have ever seen in 1/2 of an inning. I loved AJ's game 2 and Scotty's game 2 but with them I felt more incredibly lucky. With El Duque I was incredibly impressed...I cheered extra loud for his cigar smokin' self from the double decker at the parade!

chisox77
11-29-2005, 12:21 AM
I loved it all. An 11-1 post-season record against the defending champs, the champs of 02, and then a very tough Houston team that had been knocking on the door for the past 8 years with some excellent teams - incredible!!

I'll take the whole package, even the game 1 loss against the Halos in the ALCS, because it was still a very good game from both teams. I will always enjoy that post-season run, because it will be hard for any team to top, even as the '06 White Sox make a strong bid to repeat.
:cool:

Dancin' Homer
11-29-2005, 12:41 AM
I wasn't their but,I had tovote for Game Two.Just because nobody expected Pods to hit that out.The Konerko grand slam was kinda nice too.

Wow. At least the apostrophe is in the right place. :rolleyes:

HITMEN OF 77
11-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Gotta vote for game 2 of the WS and not just becuase I was there. When Konerko hit that GS, it was deafining. Unreal. I just wish I could have caught that ball. It landed 5 rows in front of me.

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Game three of the ALDS.

I don't think I have ever seen a better half inning of pitching than what Orlando Hernandez delivered in that game, it set the tone for the rest of the post season.
My thoughts exactly. El Duque will always be one of my favorites just because of those 3 outs. It was awesome seeing El Duque shut down the defending champs in their home like that.

gowhitesox
11-29-2005, 01:03 AM
My favorite is game 4 of the World Series, the one we all waited for. I waited 30 years since the 1976 team that started the Sox love affair with me. I screamed after Uribe's toss to Konerko for the final out, then 30 years worth of tears rolled down my face.

Thanks for the memories.

MUsoxfan
11-29-2005, 01:03 AM
ALDS Game 2 because I was there. That is the pinnacle of my baseball life because after that Iguchi hit that ball, I knew we were on a mission from God

ShoelessJoeS
11-29-2005, 01:04 AM
-Game 2 of the 2005 World Series is undoubtedly the greatest game of all time.

Konerko grand slam!!! Pods walk off!!!

-Honorable Mention goes to Game 3 of the ALDS.

El Duque's performance in the sixth inning can only be described as legendary.

IlliniSox4Life
11-29-2005, 02:27 AM
For me, the most memorable is definately game 2 of the ALCS. Mainly because I was there. I think most people are definately going to prefer the game they went to (unless it was game 1 of the CS).

However, I do remember thinking after Podzilla that I was wrong when thinking I went to the highlight game of the post season. Coupling it with the fact that it was a WS game, I think game 2 of the WS was the BEST game, but not my FAVORITE as the poll asks.

NWSox
11-29-2005, 03:13 AM
I voted for Game 2 of the WS because it had the most drama and heroics. Two of the most clutch home runs in baseball history. Of the games I attended, Game 2 of the ALDS was the best - the fifth inning was amazing, and then every inning after that was tense. The crowd was alive on every pitch, and then went crazy when Jenks delivered his two inning save. I can't stop thinking about all these great memories.

davenicholson
11-29-2005, 07:52 AM
I suppose the fact that I was there clouds my objectivity, but even after having watched the game over and over, I still get chills when Podsednik hits the game-winner. The game was also an emotional roller coaster for me, expecting a loss going into the 7th trailing by 2, feeling sure of the win after Konerko's slam, dreading extra innings after the top of the 9th and finally , screaming myself hoarse after Podsednik's homer. Games (and finishes) like that happen to other teams and their fans, not the beloved Sox.

FielderJones
11-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Game 2 of the ALDS because

I was there
It epitomized 2005 White Sox baseball: taking advantage of the other team's mistakes.

PKalltheway
11-29-2005, 12:46 PM
I voted for game 1 of the ALDS (the 14-2 whuppin' of the Red Sox). That game meant so much, just how they went out and destroyed the defending World Champions after all of these so-called "experts" said we couldn't score enough runs to make it through the postseason. That game set the tone for the entire postseason and made all of baseball take notice that we are here to win it all, not just for the pleasure of being in the postseason. :cool:

Madvora
11-29-2005, 12:50 PM
I voted for game 1 of the ALDS (the 14-2 whuppin' of the Red Sox). That game meant so much, just how they went out and destroyed the defending World Champions after all of these so-called "experts" said we couldn't score enough runs to make it through the postseason. That game set the tone for the entire postseason and made all of baseball take notice that we are here to win it all, not just for the pleasure of being in the postseason. :cool:
What a great feeling that was. Considering who it was against just made it even better.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I voted alds game one. This was the only game I had the chance to go to and it really set the tone for the playoffs.

Hot damn that was a good game. Good poll!

edit: who voted for "this poll sucks"

North Sox Sider
11-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I was fortunate enough to go to 5 of the 6 post season games and I have never seen anything like game 2 of the WS. I havent seen a stadium erupt, not just once but twice, in my life. It was the most exhilrating moment ever. I am not a Joe Buck fan but when I went home to watch it I was impressed with his last line of the broadcast, "Its Shock and Awe on the South Side." AWESOME!!!!

hansgruber
11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Had to go with ALDS game 1 because I was there and it was electric with all the runs scored!
memories...

gosox3072
11-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Game 2 of the World Series, IMO it was the best game in White Sox history!

Mohoney
11-30-2005, 02:45 AM
I went with Game 4 in Houston that clinched the whole ball of wax. What a pitchers' duel between Garcia and Backe. Both guys were simply brilliant in the biggest game of their careers.

Realist
11-30-2005, 04:13 AM
I voted for the 14-2 clobbering. I think it was A.J.'s 3 run shot that sent a message throughout Major League Baseball that the Sox were there to play and the if there was any sweeping to be done, it was to be done by the Sox.

Thunderstruck!