PDA

View Full Version : Mark Buehrle Wheaties Box. When are we supposed to see them?

Hangar18
11-27-2005, 06:04 PM
I remember right after the WS, that they showed MB on the Wheaties box, (why the entire SOX team wasnt on the box, I dont know) but havnt seen a single one yet. Anyone know about this?

Palehose13
11-27-2005, 06:06 PM
I remember right after the WS, that they showed MB on the Wheaties box, (why the entire SOX team wasnt on the box, I dont know) but havnt seen a single one yet. Anyone know about this?

Got one sitting on my kitchen table.

SOecks
11-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I got one at my local Jewel a few days ago (Ashland and Division).

Mendoza Line
11-27-2005, 06:10 PM
It's actually the 1 lb (18 oz.) box. It's fairly large. You'll find them at Jewel. Something tells me we'll see them for a while. Heck, the Spurs are still on the smaller boxes :D:

StillMissOzzie
11-27-2005, 06:19 PM
I just picked up a box today too. At $4.92, it may be the cheapest World Series souvenier I have yet splurged for.

I have a question for collectors of Wheaties boxes, though. What is considered the best way to store them? Keep in mind that I'd like to get MB to autograph it someday.
1) Open the TOP of the box, empty the contents.
2) Open the BOTTOM of the box, empty the contents.
3) Open BOTH ENDS of the box (in order to flatten it), and empty the contents.
4) Leave the box completely sealed (seems like little critters would find their way in eventually)
5) Something else I haven't thought of?

SMO
:gulp:

veeter
11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I ate a bowl of Buerhle Wheaties this morning.

buehrle4cy05
11-27-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm going to eat the Wheaties and then display the box.

delben91
11-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Are these going to be sold nationwide? (I'd assume so...) Because I can't find them anywhere in central New Jersey.

The Deacon
11-27-2005, 06:39 PM

Go to Jewel(s) :smile:

Fredsox
11-27-2005, 06:43 PM
The Dominick's in Wheaton's got 'em too. Strangely enough, they are also displaying Albert Pujols on one and Kirk Gibson on another.

rmusacch
11-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Are these going to be sold nationwide? (I'd assume so...) Because I can't find them anywhere in central New Jersey.

I had heard right after the World Series that they would be available nationwide by mid-November. I went to the grocery store today and none to be found here in Dallas. Only Jackie Robinson, Kirk Gibson and the Spurs.

Kroozah
11-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I sent General Mills an email reguarding the Buehrle Wheaties, as I am in California... I sent it Nov 17th and received reply Nov 21st.

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your interest in acquiring one of our commemorative packages for Wheaties. These boxes are in national distribution and may not have hit your grocers shelves yet but keep watching for them, they should be available very soon.

We appreciate your interest and hope you will continue to choose our products.

Sincerely,

Jessica Vescio

General Mills

Consumer Services

ThatGuyOnTheL
11-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Yup, I picked up a box at the Roosevelt & Wabash Jewel a few days ago.

delben91
11-27-2005, 06:58 PM
I sent General Mills an email reguarding the Buehrle Wheaties, as I am in California... I sent it Nov 17th and received reply Nov 21st.

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your interest in acquiring one of our commemorative packages for Wheaties. These boxes are in national distribution and may not have hit your grocers shelves yet but keep watching for them, they should be available very soon.

We appreciate your interest and hope you will continue to choose our products.

Sincerely,

Jessica Vescio

General Mills

Consumer Services

Great. Many thanks.

The Deacon
11-27-2005, 07:03 PM
I just picked up a box today too. At $4.92, it may be the cheapest World Series souvenier I have yet splurged for.

I have a question for collectors of Wheaties boxes, though. What is considered the best way to store them? Keep in mind that I'd like to get MB to autograph it someday.
1) Open the TOP of the box, empty the contents.
2) Open the BOTTOM of the box, empty the contents.
3) Open BOTH ENDS of the box (in order to flatten it), and empty the contents.
4) Leave the box completely sealed (seems like little critters would find their way in eventually)
5) Something else I haven't thought of?

SMO
:gulp:

I've done some research on-line and the consensus seem to be open BOTH ends in order to flatten it. Tip: Use a hair dryer to melt the glue at both ends so it's easy opening. When pulling the bag of cereal out be careful that the bag is not glued to the inside of the box. Feed Wheaties to the birds for good luck (I made that part up)

Iwritecode
11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
I've got a couple extra boxes if anyone wants one. I paid $3 a piece and shipping would be about $8.

PM if you are interested.

RadioheadRocks
11-27-2005, 07:09 PM
When I was home last week for Thanksgiving with the family, I saw the boxes at the *ahem* Cub Foods in Winston Park Plaza (North Ave. at 9th Ave.). They had them on display as you went into the store.

The Jewel/Osco just east of there (near the Target) still had the Pujols boxes though.

MrRoboto83
11-27-2005, 09:37 PM
I'll be keeping the Box without opening it. I hate Wheaties. I much rather have my morning Cookie Crisp, Count Chocula, or Fruit Loops(w/mashmellows)

FielderJones
11-27-2005, 11:55 PM
The Clarendon Hills Jewel on 55th St has them.

ChiSoxGirl
11-28-2005, 08:25 AM
I picked mine up about two weeks ago at the Jewel-Osco in Des Plaines at Lee & Oakton Streets. Keep searching Henry; I'm sure you'll find one! If not, PM me or whatever and I'll see if the store I got mine at still has them and will pick one up for you. :cool:

Madvora
11-28-2005, 08:36 AM
The Jewel close to me in River Forest still doesn't have them and that sucks. I'm glad this thread was started though, because at least I know that they are out there.

dungball
11-28-2005, 08:54 AM
food 4 less at 121st and pulaski has t hem now:supernana:already sitting in my sports room

gehrtsox7
11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Downtown Los Angeles, 3rd and Vermont streets, Vons Grocery Store. NO BOX IN SIGHT! Stupid Spurs Box! And there is like 100 boxes of it. Someone needs to buy them out so they can replace them with Buehrle.

gowhitesox
11-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Here in San Antonio, there isn't a store in town that has Buehrle on the box. They all have Tim Duncan on it still.

MasQbellesa
11-29-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm with ya brother! We've got ol' Kirk Gibson in all the stores here in San Gab Valley. thousands of them!!

Downtown Los Angeles, 3rd and Vermont streets, Vons Grocery Store. NO BOX IN SIGHT! Stupid Spurs Box! And there is like 100 boxes of it. Someone needs to buy them out so they can replace them with Buehrle.

alohafri
11-29-2005, 12:09 PM
The Clarendon Hills Jewel on 55th St has them.

That's where we got ours. And one of the managers is a Sox fan!
:bandance:

Hangar18
11-29-2005, 12:19 PM
I was shopping at the Dominicks downtown at Halsted and Madison
and PRESTO There they were. And not many either, you could tell there used to be a bunch ......... Finally got mine!

TheKittle
11-29-2005, 02:35 PM
At a Wal Mart in Brea, CA (about 15 mins from Anaheim) they had two Wheaties boxes with MB about two weeks ago. I haven't seen those boxes since and I just went to Wal Mart again on Sunday.Can wait until they get more boxes in.