PDA

View Full Version : Seating Capacity?

Steelrod
11-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Does anyone know whether the Cubs additional seating being installed this off season brings them up to or near our capacity?
Life must be good on the North side with 20-50 % higher prices and a 4th place team! Can you imagine what KW could do with those numbers?

C-Dawg
11-27-2005, 03:32 PM
I am always amazed that they have the capacity they do there at Wrigley, since it looks so tiny particularly in comparison with the Cell. I guess its because they have crowded all the narrow little aisles with as many seats as possible (and the seats extend way, way up underneath the upper deck). They really pack them in that place! Can you imagine what the Cell would hold, if we didn't have the wide, inviting concourses and comfortable aisles?

batmanZoSo
11-27-2005, 03:41 PM
I am always amazed that they have the capacity they do there at Wrigley, since it looks so tiny particularly in comparison with the Cell. I guess its because they have crowded all the narrow little aisles with as many seats as possible (and the seats extend way, way up underneath the upper deck). They really pack them in that place! Can you imagine what the Cell would hold, if we didn't have the wide, inviting concourses and comfortable aisles?

Our lower deck has around 35 rows, theirs must have 50. And the upper decks probably have the same now that we've chopped off a portion of ours. We have a lot more in the outfield, but their main lower bowl makes up for most of that. They do have narrower aisles but the seats are the same size. I'd actually argue that their seats are more comfortable than ours. And then I'd duck. :o: :D:

SaltyPretzel
11-27-2005, 04:13 PM
I'd actually argue that their seats are more comfortable than ours. And then I'd duck. :o: :D:

Hold judgement until you park your fanny on this one in 2006.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/y2005/chair_100x132.jpg (javascript:void(window.open('http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/green_seat.html','seat','width=600,height=600,loca tion=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,toolbar =no,resizable=yes'));) Green Seats! :bandance:

The Critic
11-28-2005, 12:52 PM
My wide load isn't comfortable in either park's seats, so I can't speak on that, but their park is definitely MUCH more cramped and uncomfortable in general. Dark, dank concourses, crowded walkways, narrow aisles......bleccch.
Give me USCF ( or is it "The Joan"?? :redneck ) any day of the week.