PDA

View Full Version : Pet Day

Paulwny
12-18-2001, 08:23 PM
I understand that "pet day" will not be a promo this coming season. Some concern by WS management that many of the dogs will run onto the field when Ray pulls his fire hydrant routine.

CerberusWG
12-18-2001, 08:54 PM
ROFL! Pet Day was kind of fun, IMO.

RichH55
12-18-2001, 09:07 PM
:veeck
I'll miss it

So will the fans...........

GASHWOUND
12-18-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I understand that "pet day" will not be a promo this coming season. Some concern by WS management that many of the dogs will run onto the field when Ray pulls his fire hydrant routine.

What? No Dog Day? Oh man, now I can't bring old Lassie with me to the park anymore. Ah shucks :(:

Jerry_Manuel
12-18-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
What? No Dog Day? Oh man, now I can't bring old Lassie with me to the park anymore. Ah shucks :(:

I have a poor sense of humor but I believe Paul was joking. I do enjoy a good rib at Ray though.

GASHWOUND
12-18-2001, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I have a poor sense of humor but I believe Paul was joking. I do enjoy a good rib at Ray though.

:ray
"That wasn't funny" :angry:

Daver
12-18-2001, 10:15 PM
I will miss dog day,I was hoping to take Wildchild there this year.

Jerry_Manuel
12-18-2001, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by daver
I will miss dog day,I was hoping to take Wildchild there this year.

I believe Paul was joking. I don't see why the Sox would cancel the event, Gallas has said many times that Dog Day is one of their best promotions.

RichH55
12-18-2001, 11:16 PM
I think I missed the joke...sorry....little too much realism and I thought it was just a nice one-liner...turns out he sets himself up

:KW :reinsy
Aren't we giving you enough material to work with? You gotta make stuff up? That's it! You asked for it..........

Dadawg_77
12-19-2001, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
I think I missed the joke...sorry....little too much realism and I thought it was just a nice one-liner...turns out he sets himself up

:KW :reinsy
Aren't we giving you enough material to work with? You gotta make stuff up? That's it! You asked for it..........

They are cancelling the event because in Kenny's dream every day is dog day.

Paulwny
12-19-2001, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You're right JM, I have no idea about "dog day" being cancelled. I read a joke about a dog and a fire hydrant, the the idea of Ray came to mind.

FarWestChicago
12-19-2001, 12:49 PM

I read a joke about a dog and a fire hydrant, the the idea of Ray came to mind. Makes sense to me. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
12-19-2001, 01:42 PM

Sorry, but the reference eludes me -- what's with Ray and the fire hydrant?

FarWestChicago
12-19-2001, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Sorry, but the reference eludes me -- what's with Ray and the fire hydrant? Some of us, myself included, have been calling Ray "The Fire Hydrant" because of his 3 nanometer range on ground balls. Then you toss in dogs and you get an image. :smile: