PDA

View Full Version : Customized WS Jersey -- who to pick?

scottyl
11-27-2005, 12:38 AM
OK, some background: I have 2 authentic White Sox jerseys -- the vest look and the awesome road gray, but none of them have a player name or number because I didn't want to get a name put on there only to have that player disappear (see Magglio).

Well, now we won the World Series which kind of immortalizes the '05 Sox, so I'm thinking about getting a home jersey with the World Series patch AND somebody's name on it. What player would you pick? Rowand is already gone, Konerko's status is still up in the air...

I'm leaning toward Crede -- really like the way he battled through his difficulties this season to come up big time in the playoffs.

Any thoughts? Who embodies the team?

ElevenUp
11-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Why not good old #13?

TDog
11-27-2005, 12:55 AM
OK, some background: I have 2 authentic White Sox jerseys -- the vest look and the awesome road gray, but none of them have a player name or number because I didn't want to get a name put on there only to have that player disappear (see Magglio).

Well, now we won the World Series which kind of immortalizes the '05 Sox, so I'm thinking about getting a home jersey with the World Series patch AND somebody's name on it. What player would you pick? Rowand is already gone, Konerko's status is still up in the air...

I'm leaning toward Crede -- really like the way he battled through his difficulties this season to come up big time in the playoffs.

We went through this just a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62330

starboy0
11-27-2005, 10:33 AM
I got AJ's. That play of "the dropped 3rd strike" was so heads up! It demonstrated his competitive spirit and gamesmanship. He refused to give up on the inning!

It was this vibe, adopted by the entire team, that put us over the top this year.

BTW, the World Series Patch is sweet.

kittle42
11-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Thome, but with a 2006 patch.

LuvSox
11-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I got Pods for the wife.

TheDarkGundam
11-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm getting a road gray Bobby Jenks with the world series patch.
My sister-in-law is getting a pods jersey (she thinks he's cute)

DumpJerry
11-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Mine is being lettered as we speak with number 13 and the name "Ozzie" on it.

Palehose13
11-27-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm going to get Uribe.

mccoydp
11-27-2005, 07:07 PM
My mom just ordered one for me for Christmas...I'm going with my favorite player, The Big Hurt.

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Go with A-Row, they're half price.

Daver
11-27-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm waiting till they have the ones with the 2005 Champions patch, then I am ordering a black jersey #59 MAN SOO LEE.

The Deacon
11-27-2005, 07:35 PM
I just got a black one with WS Patch. I'm debating between AJ, Cooper and Crede.
Hopefully I can get a WS 2006 Thome jersey!

delben91
11-27-2005, 08:25 PM
I got good ole #13 for my personalized world series jersey.

nccwsfan
11-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Of course you could always have a reminder for the fans of the other Chicago team...

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[NINETEEN]&set=key[number],value[08]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p2344022_customback.chain]

DumpJerry
11-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Of course you could always have a reminder for the fans of the other Chicago team...

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[NINETEEN]&set=key[number],value[08]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p2344022_customback.chain]
:?: What other Chicago team? Bulls? Blackhawks? Bears? Sting? Can't think of any other professional major league teams in Chicago....oh! You must mean the Wolves! Why the Wolves? What does 1908 have to do with the Wolves?:cool:

Palehose13
11-27-2005, 09:09 PM
:?: What other Chicago team? Bulls? Blackhawks? Bears? Sting? Can't think of any other professional major league teams in Chicago....oh! You must mean the Wolves! Why the Wolves? What does 1908 have to do with the Wolves?:cool:

Nice. I had hoped that winning the World Series would clean others of the anti-other team obsession. Now I just need the Bears to win the super bowl so I can stop obsessing over Packer fans. :redneck

nccwsfan
11-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Nice. I had hoped that winning the World Series would clean others of the anti-other team obsession. Now I just need the Bears to win the super bowl so I can stop obsessing over Packer fans. :redneck

Not obsession, just good-hearted fun. My friends who are Cub fans (:o: ) are good guys and we like to razz each other with stuff like this...par for the course.

Palehose13
11-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Not obsession, just good-hearted fun. My friends who are Cub fans (:o: ) are good guys and we like to razz each other with stuff like this...par for the course.

I love to razz my packer friend fans too, but I wouldn't spend almost $200 and defecate a Bears jersey by making a Packer reference on it.

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-27-2005, 09:18 PM

I got a Crede jersey, but thats because he's one of my favorites. Konerko or Dye might be good also.

jabrch
11-27-2005, 09:34 PM
I'd like to do a Jenks jersey. He was one of the best stories of this team.

MrRoboto83
11-27-2005, 10:46 PM
I think I am going to get an Iguchi Jersey.