PDA

View Full Version : Frank to the A's?

Deadguy
11-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Right now his picture in on the main page for MLB with the caption "A healthy Thomas could be a nice fit in Oakland's lineup."

I don't have access to insider stories, but I'm guessing this isn't a legitimate rumor, just musings from a mediot.

A legitimate news out there about Thomas and where he will end up next year? Oakland and Minnesota seem to be the most logical places for him to land.

Also, here's what Eric Neel has to say about some free agents:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neel/051122

Frank Thomas? You betcha. Twelve home runs in 105 at-bats last year. Something to prove (unlike Konerko) this year. A historically good eye. I want all of that. I want my GM, who's waited long enough to see that the market is pretty much ignoring a sure-fire Hall of Famer, to sell Big Frank on the idea of a glorious coda, to pitch him on concepts that don't have price tags, like "heartwarming comeback," "going out with a bang," and "let's show these kids today how it's done." And then I want my GM to sign him to a one-year at about a mil and sit back and watch the long balls fly.

buehrle4cy05
11-26-2005, 07:09 PM
IIRC, Billy Beane has had his eye on Frank for some time now.

That would suck. I hate the A's and everything about them, but I couldn't hate Frank, ever.

bigfoot
11-26-2005, 07:25 PM
I'll just bet if KW has an opportunity to sign Frank at $1 mill next season, he would do it in a heartbeat.

WCCMIKE
11-26-2005, 07:39 PM
A part of me wants to think Frank will be back but he's already said he would do what it takes to get signed yet he's still not signed ?

He gone
11-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I'd hate to see Frank in an A's Uniform next year :mad:

I know KW is waiting on Paulie before he even thinks about Frank. I just hope he dosn't wait too long. I say give Frank a 1 year 1 million dollar contract full of incentives, but that is just my opinion.

Flight #24
11-26-2005, 09:10 PM
I'd hate to see Frank in an A's Uniform next year :mad:

I know KW is waiting on Paulie before he even thinks about Frank. I just hope he dosn't wait too long. I say give Frank a 1 year 1 million dollar contract full of incentives, but that is just my opinion.

Problem is that Frank ain't hitting any halfway reasonable incentives playing behind Konerko & Thome, and that's going to be true for the next 3 years. He's only coming back if he values staying with the Sox over PT, more chances at 500HR, and probably more $$$.

RKMeibalane
11-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Problem is that Frank ain't hitting any halfway reasonable incentives playing behind Konerko & Thome, and that's going to be true for the next 3 years. He's only coming back if he values staying with the Sox over PT, more chances at 500HR, and probably more $$$.

I agree. I think Frank is waiting to see what Konerko does before he thinks about whether he should go elsewhere. One way or another, this situation will be resolved soon. I for one would love to see Frank back next season, but it's looking less and less likley that he will be with the Sox.

soxfanreggie
11-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Frank to the A's or Twins...by golly I hope not!

Ventura Fan 23
11-26-2005, 11:16 PM
I would cry if I saw our Frank in a Twins uniform. Oakland would be much easier to deal with, but Minnesota? *pukes*

KRS1
11-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Man if Franks having ankle problems on our plush field can u imagine how bad he'd get messed up on their crappy turf.

LongLiveFisk
11-26-2005, 11:49 PM
I really don't want to see Frank in any other uniform but if it happens, I'll still support him all the way. I'd love to see him get his 500 home runs one way or another.

Ron Karkovice
11-26-2005, 11:57 PM
If it has to happen, I hope a contender will pick up Frank so he can help a team make the playoffs or something. The last thing I want to see is him going to a team like the Rangers.

SOXSINCE'70
11-27-2005, 12:07 AM
I think the ankle injury may spell the end of his playing career.
The older you get,the harder it is to rehab a foot injury of any kind.
And this poster has heel spurs in both feet. Having said that,I think
Frank will still work within the Sox organization.

HotelWhiteSox
11-27-2005, 12:26 AM
:fobbgod:

Is that organization retarded? It's obvious Thomas hits much better when playing 1st base on a sunny day in which the wind is blowing southeast but the lake's tides are calm. Oh wait, it's fall, pardon me while I fizzle out

JohnBasedowYoda
11-27-2005, 12:32 AM
if i can see a repeat then i don't give a damn where he ends up

Nellie_Fox
11-27-2005, 02:50 AM
if i can see a repeat then i don't give a damn where he ends upIf I said what I'm thinking, I'd get banned.

nccwsfan
11-27-2005, 11:35 AM
:fobbgod:

Is that organization retarded? It's obvious Thomas hits much better when playing 1st base on a sunny day in which the wind is blowing southeast but the lake's tides are calm. Oh wait, it's fall, pardon me while I fizzle out

You forgot to throw chairs at the wall, Billy.
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

PS- how's your boy DePo doing these days?