PDA

View Full Version : Didja see?

longshot7
12-18-2001, 03:43 PM
ESPN's rumor central seems to think the Dodgers might be interested in Bobby Howry to close. Dan Evans can't get anything right, can he? I don't know who they'd send us...

RedPinStripes
12-18-2001, 03:49 PM
That's easy to figure out. It's KW invloved here. It will be a player to be named.

AsInWreck
12-18-2001, 04:32 PM
Maybe we could package clayton along w/ howry, the
dodgers had previously expressed interest/I don;t
really want the sox to get rid of howry but if they do that might give kw the opportunity to rid us of the "Choice"

RichH55
12-18-2001, 04:43 PM
You are better off simply buying out Royce than in giving up a productive asset for someone to take him off your hands. IMO It would be foolish to deal Howry now...hes at the bottom of his value and if he can come-back to his better stuff he's a plus reliever....Plus isn't he coming off a surgery from like 2 years ago and should just now be getting back what he had before it?(I'm not sure here)...just know that unless you get a good deal on him it isn't smart business to deal him

cheeses_h_rice
12-18-2001, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
That's easy to figure out. It's KW invloved here. It will be a player to be named.

:KW

Are you kidding? I'm about to steal that great Jewish outfielder Sean Greene from these guys!

HootieMcBoob
12-18-2001, 05:42 PM
Are you kidding? I'm about to steal that great Jewish outfielder Sean Greene from these guys!

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!! lmao!!!!!

duke of dorwood
12-18-2001, 06:45 PM
:boston

I'm on to something here

duke of dorwood
12-18-2001, 06:47 PM
:blockhead

The Green trade is off-Sean invoked his" he cant be a no player to be named later clause"

GASHWOUND
12-18-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
ESPN's rumor central seems to think the Dodgers might be interested in Bobby Howry to close. Dan Evans can't get anything right, can he? I don't know who they'd send us...

Why? They already got rid of 3 guys who were or might of all been pen guys for us in Lowe, Fogg, and Kipper. Now he wants to get rid of another arm form the pen? That doesn't make sense to me. I think Howry will bounce back from his downer year. So I don't think that would be such a wise move.

Jerry_Manuel
12-18-2001, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Why? They already got rid of 3 guys who were or might of all been pen guys for us in Lowe, Fogg, and Kipper. Now he wants to get rid of another arm form the pen? That doesn't make sense to me. I think Howry will bounce back from his downer year. So I don't think that would be such a wise move.

Wound this is ESPN were talking about. You know the same place that had the Sox in the Bret Boone derby. It's not like Williams is trying to trade him, it said Evans was looking at him.

GASHWOUND
12-18-2001, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Wound this is ESPN were talking about. You know the same place that had the Sox in the Bret Boone derby. It's not like Williams is trying to trade him, it said Evans was looking at him.

Why would Evans be lookin at him if KW wasn't thinking abut trading Howry? And this is KW we're talking about.

Jerry_Manuel
12-18-2001, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Why would Evans be lookin at him if KW wasn't thinking abut trading Howry? And this is KW we're talking about.

I'm not even going to attempt to argue with you Wound. It's a stupid ESPN rumor. No need to get excitied or upset over those bozo's.