PDA

View Full Version : Trib's Sully shows true colors (again)

PaleHoseGeorge
12-18-2001, 03:01 PM
In the category of "what else is new", here's a story about last Sunday's Bears game versus Tampa from the Cubune's Paul Sullivan...

Can't get my mind off my true love (http://www.chicagosports.com/bears/content/story/0,1984,170251,00.html)

Yes, even while covering the first Bears team to play important games in December in seven years, Sully can't help but drag the Cubs into the discussion. The very first paragraph...

"No matter how much talent Tampa Bay adds to its roster, the word "Bucs" seems to remain an anagram for 'Cubs.'"

Would it be too much for the Cubune to finally give Sox Fans a beatwriter that actually wants the job? I can think of a dozen or so people on this board who are at least as qualified as this loser.

Make that, "Lovable Loser".

AsInWreck
12-18-2001, 03:11 PM
Maybe he was pointing out what a bunch of losers the bucs are.

Foulke You
12-18-2001, 03:22 PM
It wouldn't be in the Tribune's best interest for someone to feel any attachment towards the Sox covering the team. This way they can be assured of a total Cub bias throughout their coverage. I've also noticed that Cub fan boy/beat writer Mike Kiley has been covering the Sox for the last couple of weeks. (Yes, the same Mike Kiley who during the Sox 2000 run of success posted weekly TV rating reports saying: "Hey look! The last place Cubs still get better ratings and attendance!!") What's up with that Cub towel waver covering the Sox?

Nellsin
12-18-2001, 03:40 PM
Among many other reasons: An unsullied (you should pardon the expression) record of Cub bias in the paper is needed to counterbalance/camouflage the efforts of top Tribune execs to squeeze more gold out of the goose through their Wrigley rehab plan and related matters. They are playing tough with the neighborhood, the rooftoppers etc. -- on which topic I do not take sides -- but so long as the writers slobber and fawn, the adoring fans will never doubt the Trib's heart is true Cub blue.

irish rover
12-18-2001, 03:42 PM
he also wrote an article on the cubs too instead of Greenstien, the cub board I read(just for laughs of course) they do not like sulli either. I wonder if there is a shakeup, guys on vacation or guys pineing for dorkless's old column

cheeses_h_rice
12-18-2001, 03:54 PM
:knue

Hey, don't forget who's an editor around here, Technogeeks!

RedPinStripes
12-18-2001, 03:59 PM
Too bad I can't get the South town out here. The Sun-Times is almost as bas as the cubune. Sox can be on a 4 game win streak, and the cubs can lose by 8 runs and they'll still have a pic of Sosa or Baylor on the back page. Chris Deluca is the ONLY good thing about the Times.

Jerry_Manuel
12-18-2001, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Too bad I can't get the South town out here.

They have a website.

Daily SouthTown Web Site (http://www.dailysouthtown.com)

RedPinStripes
12-18-2001, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

They have a website.

Daily SouthTown Web Site (http://www.dailysouthtown.com)

I check out the website almost everyday. I need something to read at work. The times is all i can get because I refuse to buy the trib.

voodoochile
12-18-2001, 05:05 PM
I read that comment as a slap at the flubbies and an admission that the bucs can never win the big one. Comparing one of the most inept NFL programs of all time to one of the most inept MLB franchises of all times is NOT an attempt to make the flubbies look good...

LongDistanceFan
12-18-2001, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Make that, "Lovable Loser". uh........ do you want to tell us that you have a secret attraction and want to come out of the closet>>>>>>>>> :):)