PDA

View Full Version : Rocker going to Rangers

duke of dorwood
12-18-2001, 11:22 AM
This heard on sporting news radio. Imagine Rocker and Carl Everett in the same dugout?

Paulwny
12-18-2001, 11:37 AM
It's a done deal

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,4711040_52,00.html

cheeses_h_rice
12-18-2001, 11:46 AM
:payrod

Ebony and ivoryyyy, living together in perfect harmony!

FarWestChicago
12-18-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Ebony and ivoryyyy, living together in perfect harmony! LMAO!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
12-18-2001, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
:payrod

Ebony and ivoryyyy, living together in perfect harmony!

Boy, if Arod thought 2001 was a rough season to play in Texas...

I guess he'll just have to find comfort counting his money. I doubt he'll find any at the ballpark!

RichH55
12-18-2001, 05:20 PM
Always nice....a large hispanic community and Rocker.....I think the Sports Guy on ESPN's Page 2 has been waiting for the Rocker and Everett pairing...good stuff...sadly both can still perform and Hart got each of them cheap and screwed up the Indians to get Rocker in the first place(so at least thats a plus)....Kids the moral is, if you can hit, or pitch leftie there will always be a job for you!

:hitless
Damn! Always a catch

GASHWOUND
12-18-2001, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
This heard on sporting news radio. Imagine Rocker and Carl Everett in the same dugout?

Man, How desperate is Texas? All they need is Clayton and their all set.

Jerry_Manuel
12-18-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

No, all they need is Navarro and then their set.

RichH55
12-18-2001, 08:32 PM
Oh come on...Clayton is more of a long-term, eat away at the team cancer who hurts the team is so many ways, whereas Rocker and Everitt are volcano types who can just blow up off the scale and leave the team around them to pick up the pieces...totally different type of bad for the ballclub, though both are types of bad

Hey I always stand with both feet completely in the batter's box! When I don't reach base it makes it easier to get back to the dugout

:reinsy
But he tries! Thats worth a special something

:walnuts :manos
HEY WE TRY TOO!

:reinsy
Quiet You!

CLR01
12-18-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Always nice....a large hispanic community and Rocker.....I think the Sports Guy on ESPN's Page 2 has been waiting for the Rocker and Everett pairing...good stuff...sadly both can still perform and Hart got each of them cheap and screwed up the Indians to get Rocker in the first place(so at least thats a plus)....Kids the moral is, if you can hit, or pitch leftie there will always be a job for you!

Damn! Always a catch

How did the indians get screwed? They traded the guy its not like texas stole him.

Jerry_Manuel
12-18-2001, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
How did the indians get screwed?

I believe he meant Hart screwed the Indians by trading away their good players. Meaning he traded the good guys away and when it came to rebuilidng he took off.

bjmarte
12-18-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Really? Do they want him? Has anyone told KW?

:KW
"How about Clayton, Maggs, and Lee for two prospects to be named later?"

RichH55
12-18-2001, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

How did the indians get screwed? They traded the guy its not like texas stole him.

Well yeah Hart not getting the job done and then jumping ship is going to not help out the old team(the indians), but the original deal for Rocker was brutal from an indian point of view...Don't even know who the Indians got for Rocker, but I'm guessing the current management wished they never dealt for him in the first place

Spiff
12-18-2001, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Well yeah Hart not getting the job done and then jumping ship is going to not help out the old team(the indians), but the original deal for Rocker was brutal from an indian point of view...Don't even know who the Indians got for Rocker, but I'm guessing the current management wished they never dealt for him in the first place

Indians got David Elder, a career minor leaguer.

And yeh Rocker didn't work out at all like the Indians had hoped. But then Karsay split Atlanta so all they have left is Steve Reed.

RichH55
12-18-2001, 10:26 PM
Well what does Atlanta get for Karsay? Don't they get some nice draft pick compensation? And Rocker didn't exactly hold a masters in chemistry when he came to Cleveland...pissed on the current closer and gets teammates choosing sides and an us against them mentality against management...at least with Wickman and Karsay for the year you have peace(and more productivity) and with what the yankees signed Karsay too, probably a first round draft choice rather than a definate career minor leaguer