PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS!!! Full Collectors Series in March

Law11
11-25-2005, 08:52 PM
I just bought the DVD at Best Buy. In it is a pamphlet from A&E/ & MLB.

'Own the ultimate souvenir- the complete original broadcasts of the ENTIRE WORLD SERIES coming in March 2006 to DVD.

nccwsfan
11-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Thank you for the great news....looking forward to getting this already, and just in time for the 2006 White Sox to start pounding everyone into submission again!

Brian26
11-25-2005, 09:13 PM
That's terrific news. I think Ed Sherman talked about this in the Tribune last week. I'm curious if there is a possibility that they might include the ALCS and ALDS games in this package. Take a look at the attached photo of the Red Sox set they made last year (which I haven't opened yet). The packaging almost looks the same, and the sticker talks about the "deluxe set" having the ALDS and ALCS complete games.

Law11
11-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Not a problem. I was about to tape all the replays on DVD but this collectors edition will be the one thing to have.

Basically I'll just want to Buy the Comcast DVD of the whole 05 season that is actually being played next week on Comcast.

Between the WS DVD, the Comcast DVd and this new collectors set. I'll be set.

TommyJohn
11-25-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm wondering if they are going to start doing this every year-they certainly
discovered with the 2004 Red Sox that there is a market for it, and someone
pointed out in another thread that DVDs are very cheap to produce.

TheDarkGundam
11-25-2005, 09:23 PM
AWESOME!!!!!

Does this mean no more "when will they release the whole world series on dvd" threads? Or will they be replaced by "when will they release the whole season on dvd" threads?

Anyway, March 2006 is awesome since my birthday is in April.
Once again, awesome.

Brian26
11-25-2005, 09:27 PM

Hell, I'd go back and buy previous years if they put them out on DVD. I wouldn't mind having the 2003 Marlins set.

Law11
11-26-2005, 09:16 AM
AWESOME!!!!!

Does this mean no more "when will they release the whole world series on dvd" threads? Or will they be replaced by "when will they release the whole season on dvd" threads?

Anyway, March 2006 is awesome since my birthday is in April.
Once again, awesome.

Nice Birthday present. I'm just glad they are doing this. I wonder if the emails many sent in to A&E had any influence.

GO SOX!

patbooyah
11-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Hell, I'd go back and buy previous years if they put them out on DVD. I wouldn't mind having the 2003 Marlins set.

yeah- put me down for diamondbacks.

SOXSINCE'70
11-26-2005, 10:07 AM

Especially game 6 of the NLCS.:D: :D: :D: :D:

patbooyah
11-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Especially game 6 of the NLCS.:D: :D: :D: :D:

honestly - i would kill for that. kill!

Lip Man 1
11-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this still only the World Series? (which was discussed here at WSI a few weeks ago)

They aren't releasing the entire 12 game post season are they?

Lip

Fenway
11-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this still only the World Series? (which was discussed here at WSI a few weeks ago)

They aren't releasing the entire 12 game post season are they?

Lip

You are getting at least the ALCS and Series.

Notice the Red Sox cover is the same and that had both the Series and ALCS.

http://a1791.g.akamai.net/f/1791/2201/1h/store.aetv.com/MEDIA/ProductCatalog/m3690010/AAE72919b.jpg

downstairs
11-26-2005, 01:19 PM
You are getting at least the ALCS and Series.

Notice the Red Sox cover is the same and that had both the Series and ALCS.

No... but from everything I've heard the White Sox one is only the WS and not the ALCS or ALDS.

Thank god for Comcast's replay, my DVR, my all-in-wonder card, and my DVD burner... :cool:

Fenway
11-26-2005, 01:29 PM
No... but from everything I've heard the White Sox one is only the WS and not the ALCS or ALDS.

Thank god for Comcast's replay, my DVR, my all-in-wonder card, and my DVD burner... :cool:

Tribune has been known to be wrong :tongue:

I've been told you getting the ALCS as well.

and looking at the flyer, that case looks like it will hold about 8-9 DVD's.

Joosh
11-26-2005, 01:56 PM
March is the month of my B-day, so I hope that it'll come out before the 11th.

Fantastic News!:bandance:

Dolly
11-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know if this includes the post-game shows for each game? I suppose probably not, since it doesn't say that it does, but I'm hoping.

Baby Fisk
11-26-2005, 02:52 PM
I want them all. ALL TWELVE GAMES.

Dolly
11-26-2005, 03:13 PM
I want them all. ALL TWELVE GAMES.ME TOO!!!! Plus the postgame shows for each game, footage of the team landing at Midway, the rally/parade, clips from all the local news broadcasts .... pretty much everytime they are even mentioned in the media, I want it!!! I just can't get enough!!!!! :cool:

ShoelessJoeS
11-26-2005, 03:45 PM
March cannot come soon enough...spring training, and the box set!!!

Half Cocked Jack
11-26-2005, 05:04 PM
You'd figure they could throw in the ALDS, its only three games after all, and there's only a grand total of 12 games, while the Red Sox last year had more than that.

DumpJerry
11-26-2005, 05:10 PM
and looking at the flyer, that case looks like it will hold about 8-9 DVD's.
That's because they have all of Game 3.
All I have to say about this package is "Gentlemen, start your mute buttons."

Stroker Ace
11-26-2005, 06:33 PM
That's because they have all of Game 3.
All I have to say about this package is "Gentlemen, start your mute buttons."Except for the great "I think that bad taste has left Lidge's mouth" line. I hope we all know what followed.:D:

Wsoxmike59
11-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Just and idea, but it would be great if you could have the option of listening to the game with the original TV broadcasters or with a click of the SAP (Second Audio Program) button, listen to John Rooney and Ed Farmer doing the PBP.

ewokpelts
11-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Just and idea, but it would be great if you could have the option of listening to the game with the original TV broadcasters or with a click of the SAP (Second Audio Program) button, listen to John Rooney and Ed Farmer doing the PBP.
on the blow sawks set, you have the choice of fox' announcers, or the red sox radio feed
Gene

anewman35
11-27-2005, 10:53 AM
The Red Sox box says that it also contains the 2004 World Series film. Does anybody know if it also includes the extras from that DVD? In other words, if I buy the box set,will there be anything from the World Series DVD that's not on it?

Hangar18
11-28-2005, 09:51 AM

Why isnt A&E putting out the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS on DVD like they did for the Red Sox??? Id love to have ALL TWELVE PLAYOFF GAMES......every one of those games were memorable and exciting, and years from now, everyone will finally realize how exciting the 2005 SOX really were, and hopefully the Media will gnash their teeth and wring their hands realizing how badly they missed the boat
by giving the SOX less coverage than they deserved. HAHAHHAAHAHAHA,
Stupid Media

anewman35
11-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Why isnt A&E putting out the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS on DVD like they did for the Red Sox???

They didn't put out the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS for the Red Sox, only the ALCS and World Series. And their box is also called the "World Series Collector's Edition", so it's possible that ours will also have more than just the World Series.

Hangar18
11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
They didn't put out the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS for the Red Sox, only the ALCS and World Series. And their box is also called the "World Series Collector's Edition", so it's possible that ours will also have more than just the World Series.

ooops, your right, it was the 4 games against the Yankees that was only included. That said, I still want to see all 12 games. All of the games
were THAT EXCITING.

Sox-on-TV44
11-28-2005, 10:30 AM
In that case,I want to hear John and Ed on the call!

But man oh,man!!!!!!

I hope I get a new DVD for chirstmas!This would be the first thing I'll play on it!!!!

DenverSock
11-28-2005, 10:40 AM
At long last! If we want all twelve games I think we only need to write en masse to A&E and MLB demanding it. If there's enough of a demand, they'll provide it.

DaBears
11-28-2005, 11:31 AM
this is the best news ever!!

Fenway
11-28-2005, 02:32 PM
ooops, your right, it was the 4 games against the Yankees that was only included. That said, I still want to see all 12 games. All of the games
were THAT EXCITING.

They have all 7 games of the ALCS on the Boston set....

In the 9th inning of Game 3 McCarver said with Boston down 19-8, " The Red Sox won't even show up tomorrow, they have quit completly and the Yankees will sweep. " Thanks Tim

kinda like John Madden saying Brady would sit on the ball and wait for overtime in his first Super Bowl win

miker
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
They have all 7 games of the ALCS on the Boston set...In the 9th inning of Game 3 McCarver said with Boston down 19-8, " The Red Sox won't even show up tomorrow, they have quit completly and the Yankees will sweep. " Thanks Tim
Good point...where can we find complete recordings of Rooney and Farmer on AM 1000 so we don't have to listen to the Fox play-by-play while reliving the playoff experience on DVD?

Law11
11-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Good point...where can we find complete recordings of Rooney and Farmer on AM 1000 so we don't have to listen to the Fox play-by-play while reliving the playoff experience on DVD?

If this is like Bostons set there is a feature that allows you to either play the Fox team or the AM 1000 radio team.

Dolly
11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
If this is like Bostons set there is a feature that allows you to either play the Fox team or the AM 1000 radio team.That would be SWEET! I thought whoever posted that was just doing some wishful thinking... :D: