PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Ticket Question

BRDSR
11-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Two questions: First, when do they go on sale to the general public?

Second: As a split season ticket holder with the Double Play package, will I get a chance to pick up a couple Opening Day tickets? If so, when?

Thanks

JohnBasedowYoda
11-25-2005, 05:39 PM
i called my rep the other day, sometime in january all tix go on sale again to full season ticket holders (in case they want more). The day after that then it's opened up to split season holders. Then after that they're released to the public

Dolly
11-25-2005, 05:57 PM
i called my rep the other day, sometime in january all tix go on sale again to full season ticket holders (in case they want more). The day after that then it's opened up to split season holders. Then after that they're released to the publicThanks for the info! I want to make sure I get tix for game 2, now that I know that's when the ring ceremony will be.

kjkobs
11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the info! I want to make sure I get tix for game 2, now that I know that's when the ring ceremony will be.

Is it official that the ring ceremony is Game 2, even with Game 1 most likely now being televised nationally (assuming ESPN picks up Game 1)? Or is it just speculation?

Ol' No. 2
11-25-2005, 06:10 PM
i called my rep the other day, sometime in january all tix go on sale again to full season ticket holders (in case they want more). The day after that then it's opened up to split season holders. Then after that they're released to the publicI got an email from my rep earlier this week and he said that they were undecided on whether they were going to offer ST holders the opportunity to purchase extra opening day and Cubs/Sox tickets.

BRDSR
11-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I got an email from my rep earlier this week and he said that they were undecided on whether they were going to offer ST holders the opportunity to purchase extra opening day and Cubs/Sox tickets.

Grrr....sending my rep an email as we speak.

Ol' No. 2
11-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Grrr....sending my rep an email as we speak.I think it's a question of numbers. They had such an influx of new ST holders that they may not be able to offer them all extras. IMO, they should, at minimum, offer them to full season holders.

It's possible they're waiting until after 12/8 to see how many people reneg on their ticket purchase.

BRDSR
11-25-2005, 07:18 PM
I think it's a question of numbers. They had such an influx of new ST holders that they may not be able to offer them all extras. IMO, they should, at minimum, offer them to full season holders.

It's possible they're waiting until after 12/8 to see how many people reneg on their ticket purchase.

Yeah, I'm sure I won't get anything real definitive from him, but if I do and then something goes wrong, at least I can say "But you said..." Can't hurt.

spiffie
11-25-2005, 07:36 PM
In a related question, does anyone know if they will be doing group ticket sales for opening day. I'm a split season ticket holder, and I would love to be able to buy a block of 20-30 tickets for opening day, but no one has yet been able to tell me if this will be something I would be able to do. Anyone else know more about this?

Dan Mega
11-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I got an email from my rep earlier this week and he said that they were undecided on whether they were going to offer ST holders the opportunity to purchase extra opening day and Cubs/Sox tickets.

Whats wrong with that? The ST holders are already guaranteed those tickets right? That just closes the door on other Sox fans (like myself) that couldn't afford the ST ticket packages.

kjkobs
11-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Whats wrong with that? The ST holders are already guaranteed those tickets right? That just closes the door on other Sox fans (like myself) that couldn't afford the ST ticket packages.

Its just an added perk of being a full/split season ticket holder.

Ol' No. 2
11-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Its just an added perk of being a full/split season ticket holder.I don't know the number, but a large portion of season tickets are held by groups who share them. This is one way that all the group members can go to opening day. For example, if three people each buy a 27-game plan, they get three opening day tickets. But if three people go in together on a full season plan, they get only one opening day ticket, and two of them are SOL.

Dolly
11-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Is it official that the ring ceremony is Game 2, even with Game 1 most likely now being televised nationally (assuming ESPN picks up Game 1)? Or is it just speculation?According to my ticket rep, who sent me an email on Wednesday, that is confirmed. He also confirmed that opening day will be on Sunday, and the rest of the opening series will be moved back 24 hours.

Dolly
11-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Whats wrong with that? The ST holders are already guaranteed those tickets right? That just closes the door on other Sox fans (like myself) that couldn't afford the ST ticket packages.Not if you're a split seasoner, like me. I only have the Friday Sox-Cubs game in my package so I was hoping to be able to order the others. Actually, IIRC, last year-- and maybe even the year before, too-- they didn't even sell those tix to the public. You had to be a ST holder and order extras if you wanted them.

NorthSideSox72
11-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I have spoken to my rep directly (on Wednedsay). Some details have been worked out. January dates of interest for full and split season ticket holders:

1/24: Full season holders get first crack at single-game tickets, including opening day and cubs/sox, up to some undecided limit.

1/25: Split season holders get their turn, for any left, again up to that limit.

1/27: Games go on sale to public.

So they are definitely planning to allow these purchases to happen. How much will be out there for split season holders remains to be seen.

ewokpelts
11-26-2005, 01:36 PM
In a related question, does anyone know if they will be doing group ticket sales for opening day. I'm a split season ticket holder, and I would love to be able to buy a block of 20-30 tickets for opening day, but no one has yet been able to tell me if this will be something I would be able to do. Anyone else know more about this?if you had a opening day group LAST YEAR, then you'r ein...if not...have fun watching at home

ewokpelts
11-26-2005, 01:38 PM
I have spoken to my rep directly (on Wednedsay). Some details have been worked out. January dates of interest for full and split season ticket holders:

1/24: Full season holders get first crack at single-game tickets, including opening day and cubs/sox, up to some undecided limit.

1/25: Split season holders get their turn, for any left, again up to that limit.

So they are definitely planning to allow these purchases to happen. How much will be out there for split season holders remains to be seen.if they are still using sox charge, it wont matter....just give them your account number....
Gene

Ol' No. 2
11-26-2005, 01:59 PM

So they are definitely planning to allow these purchases to happen. How much will be out there for split season holders remains to be seen.Hmm....Final payment on season ticket plans is due on 1/20. Not a coincidence, I'm sure.

ramorgan1
11-26-2005, 05:57 PM

So they are definitely planning to allow these purchases to happen. How much will be out there for split season holders remains to be seen.

scary though - unless it's somewhat automated... seeing as how Overwhelmed all the ticket reps were already this year... i hope one day is enough to successfully process everyone's orders for extra tickets and accurately count how many they have left for split the next day, then general public right after that...

DumpJerry
11-26-2005, 06:01 PM

My rep told me the same thing this week. I'm guessing that we can make purchases through our MyWhiteSox accounts online so that we won't be on hold on the phone forever.....

joepoe
11-26-2005, 10:16 PM
i called my rep the other day, sometime in january all tix go on sale again to full season ticket holders (in case they want more). The day after that then it's opened up to split season holders. Then after that they're released to the public

I anticipate that there will be nothing but upper tank available for most weekend and games against good teams this season. Good, it will keep out the trailer-types.

itsnotrequired
11-26-2005, 11:04 PM
I anticipate that there will be nothing but upper tank available for most weekend and games against good teams this season. Good, it will keep out the trailer-types.

I thought trailer-types were the only ones that sat in the upper deck?

:rolleyes:

JohnBasedowYoda
11-27-2005, 12:24 AM

then it's decided....they have no plan

OfficerKarkovice
11-27-2005, 12:23 PM
scary though - unless it's somewhat automated... seeing as how Overwhelmed all the ticket reps were already this year... i hope one day is enough to successfully process everyone's orders for extra tickets and accurately count how many they have left for split the next day, then general public right after that...

It will all be done online...it would be impossible for the reps to process all of those orders in such a short period of time.