PDA

View Full Version : White Sox DVD Early Release

DeuceUnit
11-25-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't know if I am posting this in the right place or not but here we go.
I am one of the sales managers at the Best Buy in Countryside and I have decided to put the White Sox DVD on sale a few days early here. It's 17.99. We've got quite a few copies and its a bit cheaper than on MLB.com.
Thought some people here would be interested.

MarySwiss
11-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I am one of the sales managers at the Best Buy in Countryside and I have decided to put the White Sox DVD on sale a few days early here. It's 17.99. We've got quite a few copies and its a bit cheaper than on MLB.com.

I hate you! Why aren't you a manager at the Best Buy in Chandler?

JohnBasedowYoda
11-25-2005, 04:37 PM
shouldn't this qualify as spam?

DeuceUnit
11-25-2005, 04:47 PM

Call it what you want. I know a lot of people have been looking forward to this, myself included. Just trying to help people not wait as long.

Soxfan35
11-25-2005, 06:27 PM
If only all the best buys in chicago had a sox fan like you working there. good work!

DeuceUnit
11-25-2005, 06:52 PM
If only all the best buys in chicago had a sox fan like you working there. good work!

Thanks! I also have a couple nice large White Sox banners hanging from the rafters!

BeefyD
11-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Darn, if I was going to visit my mother in Brookfield I'd stop on by!

cbone
11-26-2005, 08:39 AM
My son got mine there yesterday! Thanks for the heads up!:bandance: :bandance:

Law11
11-26-2005, 09:18 AM
See other post. But MLB is releasing the collectors edition like Boston had done last year in March 06

AGWSOX
11-26-2005, 09:46 AM
deuce..i sent u a PM

Soxzilla
11-26-2005, 09:54 AM

How so?

The guy is getting the Sox out on the shelf, and you give him a hard time...why?

chisoxmike
11-26-2005, 06:12 PM

Thanks, just got back from picking it up. It sounds great on surround sound!

joepoe
11-26-2005, 09:14 PM

Nice way to get in trouble with home office and MLB.

DeuceUnit
11-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Nice way to get in trouble with home office and MLB.

Got the OK from home office. If MLB has an issue they can deal with them. Glad everyone is enjoying it!

JohnBasedowYoda
11-26-2005, 11:25 PM
How so?

The guy is getting the Sox out on the shelf, and you give him a hard time...why?

I don't care either way.

Technically he's promoting his business...which is spam. His 1st post was "come to best buy."

shoelessjoe90
11-26-2005, 11:27 PM
My cousin got his at the Best Buy by him, but they Best Buy in Bolingbrook isn't selling them yet? I wonder why...

Garland_IS_God
11-27-2005, 02:53 AM
A BIG THANK YOU Deuce for informing us about the early release!!! Thanks for mentioning it, I picked mine up this evening and watched it 3 times already. I can't wait for my HDTV to come so I can watch it on the Big Screen!!! You rock man!! :D:

Soxzilla
11-27-2005, 10:24 AM
I don't care either way.

Technically he's promoting his business...which is spam. His 1st post was "come to best buy."

Are you kidding me!?

That's like, me saying "Hey guys, I'm a bagger at Jewel, and I know they are selling sweet Sox merchandise really cheap, so come grab some!"

Give me a break, your logic is flawed.

BTW, thanks duece, I picked up a copy at my local BB on New York St. and Rt. 59.

pcp1960
11-27-2005, 12:52 PM
I went to my local Borders today looking for the White Sox DVD. I couldn't find it and I this girl working there for help. I told her that I really needed that DVD. She said it is not suppose to go on sale there until Tuesday. I gave her a big smile and a wink and she went into the back and brought me out a copy. I thanked her and went to checkout. The cashier wanted to know where I got this from. I told him, " your store." He looked at me kind of funny and rang me up.
I now have a copy of the Sox World Series Dvd.:smile:

ChiSoxGirl
11-27-2005, 10:03 PM
I saw a Borders ad in the sports section of the Cubune this morning about the DVD and how it is "Available Now!" I called the Borders in Mt. Prospect to see if this was indeed true, and was politely asked if I'd like them to hold a copy for me! I gave the guy my last name, and zipped on over there after I was done getting ready this morning!

I came home and immediately put it in my DVD player. The tears started flowing just as quickly! MLB did a fantastic job on this one, and I plan on watching it over & over!

Cuck the Fubs
11-28-2005, 01:18 AM
ChiSoxGirl....its that the Borders by Randhurst????
If so it's on the way into my work, and I want one of those NOW!

I saw a Borders ad in the sports section of the Cubune this morning about the DVD and how it is "Available Now!" I called the Borders in Mt. Prospect to see if this was indeed true, and was politely asked if I'd like them to hold a copy for me! I gave the guy my last name, and zipped on over there after I was done getting ready this morning!

I came home and immediately put it in my DVD player. The tears started flowing just as quickly! MLB did a fantastic job on this one, and I plan on watching it over & over!