PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans....keep this in mind

luvavril
11-25-2005, 02:30 AM
As you sit down with Cubbie fans at your holiday table and they start in with their loser mentality (the best is my brother in law saying the Sox "cheated" their way to the Championship) -- PITY THEM. They will NEVER experience the wonderful feeling that we have!! Just tell them "You'll never understand what we are feeling -- NEVER!" and change the topic.

Dont rub it in, they are approaching 100 years and nothing.

Also remember that the SOX aren't for Chicago or the National Media -- they are truly FOR US! ONLY US!

And as far as the Rowand/Thome deal and any others down the pike this off season -- we cannot second guess Kenny and Ozzie for a long, long time. It's their train set and they know how to run it. Sure, Thome is a Cub at heart, but wait and see -- he might never even put on a SOX uniform. Kenny isn't gonna rest on his laurels.

Let's just get ready for another (slightly different) wild ride! With the satisfaction that we are the team to beat for the next 11 months!!!!!

Happy Holidays to all of you! I love you all AND our White Sox!

YESSSS!

TheOldRoman
11-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Umm, Im pretty sure Thome is going to put on a Sox uniform later today at the press conference.
If he never puts on a Sox uniform during a game, we will be screwed. It will mean that Thome had some horrible freak injury/accident during the offseason, and cannot play baseball anymore. That is the only way he wouldn't play for us. We have needed a left-handed power hitter for a long time. We needed more production out of the DH spot. KW is not done this offseason, but he wont be shipping Thome off.

Banix12
11-25-2005, 02:50 AM
I don't know if it's just me but I really hate it when guys post on this board reminding me to "keep something in mind", especially when the post has nothing to do with baseball. Something really smug about it. Those are the same 4 words moronotti uses just before he suggests something really stupid or tells us not to get our hopes up.

Also, I have relatives and friends who are cubs fans who I care a great deal about and because of that any cubs success is not the end of the world. You seem to have issues with your own family talking about stuff, that's fine and react anyway you want but frankly who are you to suggest how other people should treat their relatives?

Also, we can second guess kenny and ozzie all we want. That's what this board is largely for.

Anyway, happy holidays and welcome to the board. Don't take this post too personally but there was just something about your post that rubbed me the wrong way. And I do like the prepare to be the team to beat sentiment, I'm looking forward to that too.

DumpJerry
11-25-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't care if Thome grew up a Cub fan married a Cub fan, took a Cub fan to the prom, raised his kids to be Cub fans, named his dog "Fergie Jenkins" or "Ron Santo" or "Leo Durocher." He's a competitor and he's ours. Buehrle is a huge, HUGE, Cards fan. Has that diminished what he has done for us?

Dolly
11-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't know if it's just me but I really hate it when guys post on this board reminding me to "keep something in mind", especially when the post has nothing to do with baseball. Something really smug about it. Those are the same 4 words moronotti uses just before he suggests something really stupid or tells us not to get our hopes up.

Also, I have relatives and friends who are cubs fans who I care a great deal about and because of that any cubs success is not the end of the world. You seem to have issues with your own family talking about stuff, that's fine and react anyway you want but frankly who are you to suggest how other people should treat their relatives?

Also, we can second guess kenny and ozzie all we want. That's what this board is largely for.

Anyway, happy holidays and welcome to the board. Don't take this post too personally but there was just something about your post that rubbed me the wrong way. And I do like the prepare to be the team to beat sentiment, I'm looking forward to that too.
:o: Yikes, lighten up dude! It's his first post!

harwar
11-26-2005, 08:40 AM
As far as i'm concerned the whole cub thing is out the window.
Everything is different now and i welcome cub fans,former cub fans,& cub fans to be,into my home.
We are all one big happy family now and in it are the WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX and the cubs.
Also,although i will miss Aaron,Jim Thome is just the kind of guy that KW loves as he is not only a great ballplayer but he is a great human being and you couldn't ask for a better clubhouse guy.

whitesoxwin
11-26-2005, 10:48 AM
I just feel awful for the Flub fans.....Hey, it is a new century!
Just keep buying those "We Believe" bracelets and keep paying 5X over face value for your bleacher seats (Hey, Flub fans keep insisting those are the best seats in the Urinal...and they are the first to argue about a so-called bad pitch they "had seen"...geesh!!!!).
There is always hope for another Completely Useless By September season for the Northsiders.

SOXSINCE'70
11-26-2005, 11:02 AM
There is always hope for another Completely Useless By September season for the Northsiders.

It's Completely Useless Before Summer.:D: :D: :D:
Or you could try Can't Understand Baseball Strategy.:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

(Many thanks to the Ram restaurant in Wheeling,IL for suggestion # 2.
They like to use that one after the Sox beat the sCrUBS at the Urinal.
They also used it after game 6 of the 2003 NLCS.It was on their inside
billboard right above the bar).

whitesoxwin
11-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Or you could try Can't Understand Baseball Strategy.:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Cool!!....
Really like the "Can't Understand Baseball Strategy".
Thanks.

chisoxfanatic
11-26-2005, 05:09 PM

I've always thought of it as

Chicago's Underdeveloped Baseball Squad

:D:

Domeshot17
11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Aaron Rowand's always going to be a white sox fan, Blum got into the clubhouse everyday with a california paper to read about his padres, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. They still play hard and take pride in their game, in any uniform.

I havent heard much from Cubs fans lately except a lot of wait until next year (What a shocker ey), But I saw my girlfriends dad for the first time since we won it a week ago, then on Thanksgiving, and him and most of us are still living this up. If you want to KEEP SOMETHING IN MIND, keep this, WE WON THE WORLD SERIES, and the other Chicago baseball team is among every other major league club that IS NOT WORLD CHAMPIONS this year.

SoxEd
11-26-2005, 06:21 PM

Whilst I recognise that schadenfreude is an unattractive personality trait, do you think we're going to see their name become an acronym for
a Century Untainted by Baseball Success? :redneck

Only two more seasons to avoid it!

CallMeNuts
11-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Sure, Thome is a Cub at heart, but wait and see -- he might never even put on a SOX uniform. Kenny isn't gonna rest on his laurels.

I'm pretty sure that Thome continues to have a no-trade clause in his contract, even though he accepted a trade to the White Sox.

If a player accepting a trade nullified his no-trade clause rights, it would be too easy for teams to put together 3-way deals to move a player to someplace he doesn't want to play.

Thome is ours. And I'm glad he is.

SOXSINCE'70
11-27-2005, 10:45 AM
I've always thought of it as

Chicago's Underdeveloped Baseball Squad

:D:

Thank you!!A new weapon for my arsenal!!!!:D: :D: