PDA

View Full Version : A Special Announcement from Uncle Bud

Viva Magglio
12-18-2001, 07:30 AM
:tool
Because of the expected dynasty the Chicago Cubs will become per the probable acquisition of Moises Alou, I hearby declare the 2002, 2003, and 2004 seasons cancelled and declare the Cubs World Series champions for 2002, 2003, and 2004. By not playing the 2002, 2003, and 2004 seasons, this will save baseball money and allow us not to contract.

:moron
This act alone will make Bug Selig the greatest commissioner in the history of sports.

czalgosz
12-18-2001, 09:06 AM
ROFL!!!

RichH55
12-18-2001, 10:32 AM
Nice stuff...but what is the moron going to do now? Every year he writes his offseason columns "Why didnt this Chicago team sign every FA on the face of the planet? Why didnt the Sox give Payrod 30 million and why didn't the Cubs get Hampton, Appier and trade for Pedro?" Well this year I think his big rallying cry was going to be no ALou and no White(who I'm glad will be playing his 85 games a year for the yankees)...so who will he bitch about now?

Why didn't the cubs bring back Ted Williams in his prime? I SHOULD BE GM, I have no expierence and no talent for much, why not?

Moses_Scurry
12-18-2001, 11:01 AM
He'll bitch about Alou's midseason toe injury and his huge dropoff in performance!! Not to mention McGriff's showing of his true age and the pitching staff demonstrating how last year was a major fluke!

Viva Magglio
12-18-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Nice stuff...but what is the moron going to do now? Every year he writes his offseason columns "Why didnt this Chicago team sign every FA on the face of the planet? Why didnt the Sox give Payrod 30 million and why didn't the Cubs get Hampton, Appier and trade for Pedro?" Well this year I think his big rallying cry was going to be no ALou and no White(who I'm glad will be playing his 85 games a year for the yankees)...so who will he bitch about now?

Why didn't the cubs bring back Ted Williams in his prime? I SHOULD BE GM, I have no expierence and no talent for much, why not?

:KW
That sounds like my GM resume.

RichH55
12-18-2001, 04:30 PM
Hey say what you will about KW, but he will never be, can never be as bad as :moron

I mean cut the guy some slack, he's already to the point where every time he makes a move(for better or worse) we jump all over him...I mean a few people got on him about the return on Herbert Perry in the Texas deal...Cmon...He's bad, he's not Chuck Lamar and TB bad

:KW
ummm, why are you defending me the same way people defend Royce? At least I'm going for the Series in the abstract