PDA

View Full Version : Would either team

getonbckthr
11-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Would either team make this move:
Carl Crawford for Mccarthy and Marte.

RowandKicksAss07
11-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Highly doubtful.....i bet the d-rays would demand the the whole farm for crawford. I wouldn't be surprised to see a package centered around BMac, Young and maybe someone already on the big club that's young....possibly Crede (I'm not sure who the D-Rays 3rd basemen is as of right now off the top of my head)? But if that was really what the D-Rays wanted, I would do that in a heartbeat. Crawford is a stud.

oeo
11-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Would either team make this move:
Carl Crawford for Mccarthy and Marte.

I would hope the Sox wouldn't do that move. That's terrible, we don't need speed that bad. McCarthy is much too valuable.

Whitesox029
11-24-2005, 09:54 PM
I would hope the Sox wouldn't do that move. That's terrible, we don't need speed that bad. McCarthy is much too valuable.
Exactly my thinking. El Duque should begin 2006 as a reliever, in my opinion, which leaves that 5th starter's spot for BMac. The kid deserves it if you ask me, and it's not like you're changing the ratio of righties to lefties in the rotation.
As to Marte, he needs to have a good spring to max out his trade value, and then I want him out of here, even if it means having an all-righty bullpen for a while. The Angels went pretty far in 05 without a lefty, so it's not like it can't be done. Besides, Marte can get righties out more easily than lefties anyway.

Chips
11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
No Way, A Horrible Move In My Opinion.

broker3d
11-24-2005, 10:06 PM
absolutely not on that trade. McCarthy is going nowhere.

veeter
11-24-2005, 11:16 PM
What is the point of this thread? Just felt like throwing something out there that makes no sense?

RowandKicksAss07
11-24-2005, 11:21 PM
I guess since you have 981 posts, you can be the judge of what is a good thread and whats not....He was just starting a thread, cut the guy some slack. I don't see anyone else starting an interesting thread.

veeter
11-24-2005, 11:37 PM
I guess since you have 981 posts, you can be the judge of what is a good thread and whats not....He was just starting a thread, cut the guy some slack. I don't see anyone else starting an interesting thread. It has nothing to do with how many posts I have or how few he has. Carl Crawford just signed a six year contract with the D-Rays, who love him. The Sox just traded two top pitching prospects and are not about to move a third. So it just hit me as senseless and a waste of time. This site usually aims a little higher that's all.

getonbckthr
11-24-2005, 11:59 PM
It has nothing to do with how many posts I have or how few he has. Carl Crawford just signed a six year contract with the D-Rays, who love him. The Sox just traded two top pitching prospects and are not about to move a third. So it just hit me as senseless and a waste of time. This site usually aims a little higher that's all.
The DRays have so many OF's but have no pitching. Not only would this give them a potential superstar pitcher but it woudn't cost them anything. That is the basis of the trade idea.

Tragg
11-25-2005, 12:20 AM
The DRays have so many OF's but have no pitching. Not only would this give them a potential superstar pitcher but it woudn't cost them anything. That is the basis of the trade idea.
The basis from their perspective.
What is the basis from our perspective when we are rich in outfield prospects, and a little thin in pitching prospects?

getonbckthr
11-25-2005, 12:47 AM
The basis from their perspective.
What is the basis from our perspective when we are rich in outfield prospects, and a little thin in pitching prospects?
We are rich in OF prospects, bu they are just that prospects not guarentees. Carl is a young guarentee for lots of yrs to come.

Banix12
11-25-2005, 02:01 AM
We are rich in OF prospects, bu they are just that prospects not guarentees. Carl is a young guarentee for lots of yrs to come.

There are no guarantees in sports. Nobody knows what will happen to carl crawford in the future.

At one time Carl Crawford was a prospect too and some of our prospects have ceilings just as high as his was. In my opinion you only trade top prospects like McCarthy when you need to fill a glaring need, and I don't really think the sox need Crawford. He would certainly be nice to have, but the team can survive and probably still play pretty darn well without him.

sullythered
11-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Pass.

SOXSINCE'70
11-25-2005, 09:06 AM
I'd rather have Joey Gathright (sp??),so hit it,Hawk:

:hawk
"No".

Tragg
11-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Really? Guarantee of what?
Look at his numbers. They are average (or worse, depending on how you look at things)
I know he's a developing player, scouts love his tools, and he may improve those numbers - there is a word for that: Prospect. This prospect just happens to be in the major leagues.