PDA

View Full Version : Who's WAtching the World Series Dvd on Comcast?

soxwon
11-24-2005, 08:24 PM
This is great- it's bringing tears to my eyes AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
comcast channel started at 7pm.

Who's watching it?

seanpmurphy
11-24-2005, 09:10 PM
I am definitely watching it and definitely getting chills all over again. Man this is great. The DVD will be in my posession asap.

dlee120
11-24-2005, 09:23 PM
That was phenomenal! So cold! chills non-stop!

ChiWhiteSox1337
Wow, that was awesome. I wasn't originally going to pick it up thinking that it would just be some sloppy recap, but after seeing how nice of a job they did, I'm DEFINITELY getting it!

MUsoxfan
That was great. I may have to watch that DVD everyday of my life because it was that beautiful

Law11
11-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Got choked up all over again.. Man this is fun...!!!!

chisoxfan83
11-24-2005, 09:31 PM
definately very well done! This is going to be one quick offseason with all the sox programs on comcast! that I am thankful for :bandance:

lths06
That was the offical Wolrd Series DVD, not the Comcast DVD, right?

chaerulez
It was great, I'm buying this DVD the first day it comes out.

chisoxfan83
11-24-2005, 09:32 PM
That was the offical Wolrd Series DVD, not the Comcast DVD, right?

correct, the comcast one will be shown i think in a week take a look at the schedlule on top of the forums.

popilius
11-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Pretty good video, especially all the comments caught by the individual mics. I thought that Game 3 could have had more time devoted to the extra innings. . . still, I already ordered it.

To be honest, these clips really help me realize that MY TEAM- OUR TEAM- are the baseball CHAMPIONS.

infohawk
11-24-2005, 09:33 PM
It was great to relive it again!!! I tivoed it, but can't wait until my official DVD arrives in the mail. I'm sure its even better without the commercials!

zach074
11-24-2005, 09:41 PM
tear jerker.:whiner:

veeter
How about in game 2 when Jenks gives up the tying runs, and Ozzie and AJ go to the mound. AJ prophetically states, "That's ok, we'll just have to walk 'em off and break their hearts." Next inning Pods walks 'em off. Man, what a team. What a year. Simply magical.

mike squires
At the end of the movie, didn't it say available now at Best Buy? Nicely done. Good commentary by Michael Clark Duncan.

mike squires
11-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Nice montage at the end of the video recapping a lot of the seasonal highlights. Two were missing. Timo's hit and of course A.J's homer against the Dodgers. Other than that it was fantastic.

bigsqwert
11-24-2005, 09:45 PM
At the end of the movie, didn't it say available now at Best Buy?
Yeah I noticed that also. I was under the impression it would come out next Tuesday. God...I'd really hate to go to Best Buy tomorrow. It will be a zoo.

soxwon
11-24-2005, 09:47 PM
My favorite line was during game 4 WS

someone said" we dont score until you do- Thats how we do it"

who said that? correct me if the quote was wrong!

lths06
11-24-2005, 09:51 PM
My favorite line was during game 4 WS

someone said" we dont score until you do- Thats how we do it"

who said that? correct me if the quote was wrong!

I think that was Willy, could be wrong.

Dan Mega
11-24-2005, 09:53 PM
I enjoyed the play by play from the Sox dugout- was that Willie Harris doing that?

Also, my girlfriend was making comments about Buerhle's apparel, she said he looked like he was wearing a shiny shirt but had a bad hairdo. :D:

I loved it, classic.

WCCMIKE
11-24-2005, 09:56 PM
I think that was Willy, could be wrong.It was Willie he was doing play by play from the dugout:D:

hose
11-24-2005, 09:59 PM
I got a kick out of Buehrle and Willie talking about the faces Backe was making on the mound.:D:

kjkobs
11-24-2005, 10:00 PM
I enjoyed Buehrle ripping on Backe from the dugout during WS Game 3, saying how Backe was trying to look "tough" by grinning/smirking after every out.

J Co
11-24-2005, 10:09 PM
tear jerker.:whiner:

I have to admit it....I did have tears in my eyes at the end....even though I already new how it ends!

SOX ADDICT '73
11-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Too lazy to check TV listings...does anyone know if they plan to re-air this? I'll be putting up Christmas decorations all night, and will probably need a break around 2 in the morning...

WCCMIKE
11-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Too lazy to check TV listings...does anyone know if they plan to re-air this? I'll be putting up Christmas decorations all night, and will probably need a break around 2 in the morning...Top of this forum has a listing it will be show a few more times before they start airing the games

lths06
11-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Too lazy to check TV listings...does anyone know if they plan to re-air this? I'll be putting up Christmas decorations all night, and will probably need a break around 2 in the morning...

The schedule is "stuck" at the top of the forum

RowanDye
11-24-2005, 10:31 PM
If Frank is in fact not returning to the South Side for the 2006 season, I think it was fitting that he get the last word on the greatest season of all time.

I can't wait til my copy ships and I can wear it out.

CaptainBallz
11-24-2005, 10:47 PM
I loved it. I put it on my X-mas grab bag list!

Welled up a few times there. Also, realized again that Rowand is awesome. "Oh, that hurts!"

Ozzie Guillen to Red Sox players: "Pressure ees 'avin seven keeds n' makin one dollar a week."

starboy0
11-24-2005, 11:03 PM
What hit me the most was how prominent Rowand figured in the production.

Made me feel downright sad about him leaving.

It's not the same team anymore. Blum leaving, ok... I mean his HR in game 3 was awesome, but he was a cup of coffee here.

But Aaron leaving is different. He was such an integral part of the nucleus and typified the team perhaps more than anyone.

He grinded it out this year. Not the best numbers but caught the ball and played with heart. And you know what, it worked.

So every time I watch this DVD, which was excellent, it will feel bittersweet. Wonder how Aaron felt on the premier night? Kind of like his swan song.

Juice16
11-24-2005, 11:04 PM
What hit me the most was how prominent Rowand figured in the production.

Made me feel downright sad about him leaving.

It's not the same team anymore. Blum leaving, ok... I mean his HR in game 3 was awesome, but he was a cup of coffee here.

But Aaron leaving is different. He was such an integral part of the nucleus and typified the team perhaps more than anyone.

He grinded it out this year. Not the best numbers but caught the ball and played with heart. And you know what, it worked.

So every time I watch this DVD, which was excellent, it will feel bittersweet. Wonder how Aaron felt on the premier night? Kind of like his swan song.

I hear you, it really hurts to see Aaron go.

chisoxmike
11-24-2005, 11:06 PM
I thought it was very well done. I love Carl Everett's quote at the end. "All these people that picked us not to make it can just shut up now."

OzzieBall2005
11-24-2005, 11:07 PM
I plan on getting it as soon as I can. When will this be released to the stores?

chisoxmike
11-24-2005, 11:09 PM
I plan on getting it as soon as I can. When will this be released to the stores?
Nov. 29

Comcast DVD Dec. 6

Brian26
11-24-2005, 11:17 PM
I enjoyed Buehrle ripping on Backe from the dugout during WS Game 3, saying how Backe was trying to look "tough" by grinning/smirking after every out.

I enjoyed that. It was more Willie than Buehrle, but they were both talking about him.

BainesHOF
11-24-2005, 11:45 PM
The best line was AJ at the mound when Ozzie took out Jenks in Game 2 of the World Series:

"We'll walk 'em off and break their hearts a second time."

Amazing that he could say that in that situation and even more amazing that it came true.

Iwritecode
11-25-2005, 01:02 AM
Top of this forum has a listing it will be show a few more times before they start airing the games

I think he was talking about re-airing it tonight.

I forgot all about it. :redface:

the_valenstache
11-25-2005, 02:17 AM
My favorite part was when Blum was talking with one of the coaches from the Astros who asked if he would be playing during game 3, to which Blum replied;

"It's the National League, so, who knows? Maybe I'll get to pinch hit!"

:cool:

Cat Thief
11-25-2005, 08:37 AM
At the end of the movie, didn't it say available now at Best Buy? Nicely done. Good commentary by Michael Clark Duncan.

I knew they said that! However, my wife was at Best Buy in Crestwood this morning at 6a and they told her it wasn't out yet. They probably were just too busy to unpack it.

TornLabrum
11-25-2005, 08:45 AM
As I was watching the video, I said to Mrs. Labrum, "I'm glad I bought this." Just watching it has helped it register in my mind that the Sox REALLY ARE World Series Champions.

SOXSINCE'70
11-25-2005, 08:56 AM
I taped it,came home and watched it.I couldn't help tearing up
a bit.:whiner: I think its just starting to hit home what just happened.
I've been in shock for the last month.Honest.I never thought i'd see
the Sox win a WS in my lifetime.This will take some getting used to.
The only thing is,now I want to see them do it again. :bandance: :bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
11-25-2005, 08:59 AM
My favorite part was when Blum was talking with one of the coaches from the Astros who asked if he would be playing during game 3, to which Blum replied;

"It's the National League, so, who knows? Maybe I'll get to pinch hit!"

:cool:

How about where Jermaine Dye refered to Crede and Rowand
as "Dumb and Dumber"?? Or A.J. going around to whoever was
wearing a mike that game testing the mike to make sure it
worked??:D:

MsSoxVixen22
11-25-2005, 09:16 AM
My Dad and I watched it and it brought tears to my eyes again. Especially everytime they showed Rowand (which seemed like every 5 mins) :(: I thought it was done really well. The whole time I was trying to figure out who was narrating-when I saw the credits I was like that's who it was! Michael Clarke Duncan did a great job.

kevin57
11-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Wonderful program.

To hear Rowand's love for the Sox made me :whiner: .

Wsoxmike59
11-25-2005, 10:26 AM
I taped it while I was out visiting the families yesterday on Thanksgiving and watched it before bed last night.

It was an outstanding film, and the narration of Michael Clarke Duncan made it all the more dramatic with his deep rich bass vocals.

Even though I taped it for FREE, I'm still gonna buy it, just so I can have the UNEDITED version W/O commercials, plus the additional bonus chapters etc...

:thumbsup: Great job on whoever put that film together.

Medford Bobby
11-25-2005, 11:10 AM
:o: I might have wished they had a few video shots of Old Comiskey as part of the "history" portion of the video. It would have been nice that future generations that watch this video get to see where the Sox played at since the last 1917 World Championship.......I dunno how you feel......but that would have been cool to see a "roof" shot again.........:rolleyes:

Yes I taped it, but will buy the video too..........:gulp:

bigsqwert
11-25-2005, 11:52 AM
I knew they said that! However, my wife was at Best Buy in Crestwood this morning at 6a and they told her it wasn't out yet. They probably were just too busy to unpack it.

I just called the Best Buy near my house and they said it will be available on Tuesday. Not sure why they kept showing the commercial last night that said "available now at Best Buy".

Sox-on-TV44
11-25-2005, 12:33 PM
:smile: Brought a simle in my soul,and a tear in my eye.AWSOME!

Andy T Clown
11-25-2005, 12:55 PM
All of my cub fan relatives hid in the other room until it was over.:D:

Fake Chet Lemon
11-25-2005, 01:08 PM
It was awesome, my only big disappointment was how could they ignore TWO 3-run bombs in California by Paul-ee? Not even a mention. They were a big reason why our starters could relax and just go out and dominate. And both being in the first inning, both 3 run bombs made it all the more interesting.

But I hope a local theater picks up on it. Seeing it at the premiere on Monday in a theater loaded with cheering Sox fans made it an unbelievable experience.

Procol Harum
11-25-2005, 01:43 PM
To be honest, these clips really help me realize that MY TEAM- OUR TEAM- are the baseball CHAMPIONS.

There was an element of that involved for me personally as I watched it. Pretty good job, I thought, without any major attempts to work hokey story lines about curses, the Black Sox, or Cubs inferiority complexes and whatnot. Most interesting "prophetic" cuts for me were snippets of Blum's conversations with ex-Houston associates about limited action and hopes to maybe get in as a pinchhitter. At any rate, I'd recommend the dvd to any White Sox fan.

mikesouthside
11-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Question...was that the $19.99 DVD on MLB.com? I ordered that one. What is Sox Pride one? (comcast?) Where can I get that one?

IT WAS PERFECT. Two thumbs up...ha

bafiarocks03
11-25-2005, 04:01 PM
i watched it! It was so not fair! it was liek all aaron rowand! it's like they knew! Oh god..I was crying! Seeing Aaron so much, and when him and brian were celebrating when Scotty hit that homer, oh god! Tears! So much Aaron Rowand!

Baby Fisk
11-25-2005, 04:05 PM
i watched it! It was so not fair! it was liek all aaron rowand! it's like they knew! Oh god..I was crying! Seeing Aaron so much, and when him and brian were celebrating when Scotty hit that homer, oh god! Tears! So much Aaron Rowand!I shudder to think what would happen if Harris was ever traded. (Yeah, yeah, bite my tongue for even mentioning something so horrible...) :cool:

kykygruber
11-26-2005, 09:52 PM
What kind of special features are gonna be on this dvd ?

RealMenWearBlack
11-27-2005, 05:39 PM
I liked it but for some reason the audio and the action and mouthes were off by over a second.