PDA

View Full Version : Pierre to the Cubs Today?

Brian26
11-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Take this for what it is worth....

from mlbtraderumors.com

670 The Score in Chicago and RotoWorld are reporting that the Cubs have finalized their deal for center fielder Juan Pierre. Left-handed starter Renyel Pinto and two other unknown prospects will head to the Marlins in the deal.

The trade was originally reported by Bruce Levine on ESPN Radio 1000 on November 14th. After speaking with Bruce, MLBTradeRumors.com was able to narrow the possible prospects down to a list of five pitchers.

The Cubs hope Pierre can bounce back after posting his lowest OBP since his rookie season. Pierre's game is reliant upon his ability to get on base. He's a subpar defender; Pierre posted the worst range factor in Major League Baseball in 2005 among regular center fielders.

The Marlins continue to stack up promising young pitchers as their fire sale continues. Pinto struggled mightily in six Triple A starts, but did an admirable job in 129 Double A innings this year. The stint in Triple A Iowa was his second failed attempt at that level. Pinto continues to be plagued by his high walk rate, but hasn't yet gotten a fair shake in Iowa.

Baseball America ranked the 23 year-old righthander 6th among Cubs prospects entering the 2005 season. He has a good changeup, lively fastball, and deceptive delivery

The Deacon
11-24-2005, 10:27 AM
I hope the Cubs don't get Pierre. I'll have to dislike him now. :mad:

That being said, if this is indeed true, the Cubs have made some pretty significant moves and it's not even December. I have ot give them credit.

JermaineDye05
11-24-2005, 10:47 AM
wasnt that the same place that said blalock would come to the sox to play first?

ShoelessJoeS
11-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Pierre, an already poor defender, would be atrotious in the outfield at Wrigley...oh well!

sullythered
11-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Reports out of Rotoworld may as well come from the Weekly World News. :rolleyes:

Tragg
11-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Juan Pierre at CF;
Todd Walker at 2B
Doesn't matter who their SS is.
Not good up the middle.
I'll take Cliff at $1.5 v. Howry at $4mill (I wonder if Cliff his kicking himself for not testing the market).

batmanZoSo
11-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Sounds credible.

In other news..

http://www.amagarea.com/imgB/LTTZANLDGASCTLH.jpg

Unregistered
11-24-2005, 04:51 PM
(I wonder if Cliff his kicking himself for not testing the market). I doubt making $2.5 million a year with some other team beats winning a World Championship - I'm sure he's OK with staying.

PAPChiSox729
11-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Sounds credible.

In other news..

http://www.amagarea.com/imgB/LTTZANLDGASCTLH.jpg

:roflmao:

I could take that pipsqueak on any day!

DaleJRFan
11-24-2005, 05:17 PM
every rumor site on the internet is reporting this. If more than one rumor site is reporting it then it's gotta be true!