PDA

View Full Version : Sandberg's take on Thome-Rowand trade

NonetheLoaiza
11-24-2005, 09:44 AM
My apologies if this has been posted anywhere already, but I did a search and didn't see anything. Just a brief mention of the trade, Sanberg mentioning he doesn't like it. Then again, I believe he also says Konerko was the World Series MVP.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Apubf_g9anO1YlTCfykPCdw5nYcB?slug=rs-offseason112305&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

PAPChiSox729
11-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Eh. Who cares? I get better insight from some of the posters on this board.

OzzieBall2005
11-24-2005, 09:50 AM
He works for Yahoo, not in any MLB front office. As far as I'm concerned, we know what's better for this team then he does.

hose
11-24-2005, 09:55 AM
I value Ryno's opinion...may not always agree with him but still he knows his baseball.

Ol' No. 2
11-24-2005, 10:06 AM
My apologies if this has been posted anywhere already, but I did a search and didn't see anything. Just a brief mention of the trade, Sanberg mentioning he doesn't like it. Then again, I believe he also says Konerko was the World Series MVP.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Apubf_g9anO1YlTCfykPCdw5nYcB?slug=rs-offseason112305&prov=yhoo&type=lgnsAgain with the "plagued by injuries crap"!!!! He had ONE FRIKKING injury!!!!! Is Scott Podsednik injury-plagued??? Is Jermaine Dye plagued by spider bites??? What a bunch of addle-brained nonsense.

The Deacon
11-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Again with the "plagued by injuries crap"!!!! He had ONE FRIKKING injury!!!!! Is Scott Podsednik injury-plagued??? Is Jermaine Dye plagued by spider bites??? What a bunch of addle-brained nonsense.

No doubt. Every report call Thome an injury plagued slugger. He missed alot of last and and random games thoughout his career b/c of his back. I hardly call that injury plagued. Thome at DH and playing 145-150 games will make everyone forget about his "injury plagued years"...

Fake Chet Lemon
11-24-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm being honest, but has Sandberg ever had an intelligent thought on the White Sox? None come to mind.

hose
11-24-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm being honest, but has Sandberg ever had an intelligent thought on the White Sox? None come to mind.

He had them winning the WS.....that's 1.

Taliesinrk
11-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Again with the "plagued by injuries crap"!!!! He had ONE FRIKKING injury!!!!! Is Scott Podsednik injury-plagued??? Is Jermaine Dye plagued by spider bites??? What a bunch of addle-brained nonsense.

Ok, while I hate the nay-sayers complaining he is injury prone.. I do have to slightly disagree. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Thome had more than one injury problem. IIRC, he's had back problems along with surgery on his arm.. is this not correct?

CluelessJoe1919
11-25-2005, 01:15 AM
I value Ryno's opinion...may not always agree with him but still he knows his baseball.
Ryno seems to be a day or two late with his evaluations.
I highly doubt he's a hard-working journalist.

Nellie_Fox
11-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Ok, while I hate the nay-sayers complaining he is injury prone.. I do have to slightly disagree. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Thome had more than one injury problem. IIRC, he's had back problems along with surgery on his arm.. is this not correct?Yes, that is correct, and the back problems worry me a lot more than the elbow, particularly at his age.

batmanZoSo
11-25-2005, 01:20 AM
He works for Yahoo, not in any MLB front office. As far as I'm concerned, we know what's better for this team then he does.

That's for certain. And it doesn't only apply to writers who aren't affiliated with MLB and aren't actually journalists. Whenever I read an article about the Sox, I keep Gary Coleman in the back of my mind.

TheVulture
11-25-2005, 10:50 AM

Thome has a bad back and had the elbow surgery in August.

TDog
11-25-2005, 11:52 AM

Actually, most people still consider Dye to be injury plagued. I'm not saying they're not addle-brained.

I didn't read what Sandberg had to write, because ... well ... um ... I don't care. But I'm sure he resented the Cubs picking up injury-plagued Andre Dawson back in his playing days.