PDA

View Full Version : MLB's "All High-Sock Team"

DaleJRFan
11-24-2005, 12:59 AM
After hearing the new of the Thome trade today, I started talking to a friend (and fellow WSI member HosieryoftheGods) about guys who wear those cool high socks. I know it has been discussed here before, but who are the players who wear high socks??

We are trying to come up with MLB's "All High-Sock Team"... 8 position players, DH, some bench guys, the rotation and a bullpen... Here's what we got so far:

Starting Line-up:
Scott Podsednik (LF)
Juan Pierre (CF)
Jim Thome (DH)
Todd Helton (1B)
Jason Veritek (C)
Alfonso Soriano (2B)
Joe Crede (3B)
Rafael Furcal (SS)
??? (RF)

Bench:
Willie Harris (pinchrunner / 2B)
Nick Johnson (backup 1B)
Reed Johnson (backup OF)
??? (backup C)

Starting Rotation:
Dontrelle Willis
Mark Prior
Brandon McCarthy
Oliver Perez
Orlando Hernandez

Bullpen:
Damaso Marte
Ryan Dempster
???
???
???
??? (closer)

NEEDS: Starting RF, backup catcher, right handed utility guy / SS, Maybe another bench bat, 3 more relievers and a closer. Can anyone help me out here??? Thanks!

ATXBMX
11-24-2005, 01:14 AM
Jeff Francoeur, Andruw Jones, Chris Shelton, Brandon Inge, Edgar Renteria, Jeromy Burnitz, Kelvim Escobar, Barry Zito, Andy Pettitte, Gregg Zaun...

ChiSoxRowand
11-24-2005, 01:19 AM
After hearing the new of the Thome trade today, I started talking to a friend (and fellow WSI member HosieryoftheGods) about guys who wear those cool high socks. I know it has been discussed here before, but who are the players who wear high socks??

We are trying to come up with MLB's "All High-Sock Team"... 8 position players, DH, some bench guys, the rotation and a bullpen... Here's what we got so far:

Starting Line-up:
Scott Podsednik (LF)
Juan Pierre (CF)
Jim Thome (DH)
Todd Helton (1B)
Jason Veritek (C)
Alfonso Soriano (2B)
Joe Crede (3B)
Rafael Furcal (SS)
??? (RF)

Bench:
Willie Harris (pinchrunner / 2B)
Nick Johnson (backup 1B)
Reed Johnson (backup OF)
??? (backup C)

Starting Rotation:
Dontrelle Willis
Mark Prior
Brandon McCarthy
Oliver Perez
Orlando Hernandez

Bullpen:
Damaso Marte
Ryan Dempster
???
???
???
??? (closer)

NEEDS: Starting RF, backup catcher, right handed utility guy / SS, Maybe another bench bat, 3 more relievers and a closer. Can anyone help me out here??? Thanks!

I don't think Furcal wears high socks.

DaleJRFan
11-24-2005, 01:24 AM
I don't think Furcal wears high socks.

http://www.sportsfanoutlet.com/thumbs/FRT-08PHFUR100.jpg

Nellie_Fox
11-24-2005, 02:02 AM
It's not the so much the socks that are high. It's the pants.:tongue:

Kroozah
11-24-2005, 05:02 AM
JT Snow

bafiarocks03
11-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Yay Willie Harris!:D:

MHOUSE
11-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Few players stick with the high socks for a full season. Furcal sometimes wears the long pants that cover the shoes and even Crede switches it up from time to time. El Duque has always pitched with the high socks and Maddux still wears the stirrups. I'd like to see Manny Ramirez wear the high socks once instead of those long baggy pants. He looks like a skater or something. It'd be quite a change. Anyways...