PDA

View Full Version : It's ALWAYS Baseball season.

It's Time
11-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Why do I love this game? I love this game because it never ends, even when it's over. I love this game because it's the best game ever invented. A Football town? IMO, not as much as a Baseball town. Times have indeed changed.

Baseball is almost as fun in the Winter as it is in the Spring, Summer and Fall. The bar has been raised in this town and it can never again be set low, especially on the South side of town.

This is ****ing Chicago, not Minnesota or Kansas City. It's November 23rd and you know what? I'm ready for Baseball season to begin. I'm not too sure about the Rowand trade, but I'm damn sure KW wants to repeat or win multiple championships as much (or more so) then he wanted the first.

Dynasties are what people remember. This is now what you shoot for. As a fan, I never want to become apathetic to not winning it all.

More is better. Pitchers and Catchers report in LESS then 3 months.:cool:

shoelessjoe90
11-23-2005, 09:03 PM
CHEERS! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: lol

buehrle4cy05
11-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Why do I love this game? I love this game because it never ends, even when it's over. I love this game because it's the best game ever invented. A Football town? IMO, not as much as a Baseball town. Times have indeed changed.

Baseball is almost as fun in the Winter as it is in the Spring, Summer and Fall. The bar has been raised in this town and it can never again be set low, especially on the South side of town.

This is ****ing Chicago, not Minnesota or Kansas City. It's November 23rd and you know what? I'm ready for Baseball season to begin. I'm not too sure about the Rowand trade, but I'm damn sure KW wants to repeat or win multiple championships as much (or more so) then he wanted the first.

Dynasties are what people remember. This is now what you shoot for. As a fan, I never want to become apathetic to not winning it all.

Well said.:)

PKalltheway
11-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Well stated. I can't wait until February!

alohafri
11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
We are listening to Game Two of the ALCS on XM right now. It is so nice being able to listen to the game with one hand on my rosary, one hand on my heart, and a beer in front of me for medicinal purposes instead of for the pleasure it brings me now!

It's Time
11-23-2005, 10:35 PM
We are listening to Game Two of the ALCS on XM right now. It is so nice being able to listen to the game with one hand on my rosary, one hand on my heart, and a beer in front of me for medicinal purposes instead of for the pleasure it brings me now!

:hawk (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)
"I loooove XM satellite radio".

ChiSoxGirl
11-23-2005, 11:30 PM

I got my XM Radio from MLB on Monday (I luuuv XM Radio!) and finally got it going in my car this afternoon! I was out tonight and was listening to Game 1 of the ALCS around 8p. Now that I know Game 2 is on right now, I'm almost tempted to go sit in my car in the driveway and listen to a White Sox Winner! But then again, it's way too cold for that, so I think I'll just wait for it to be played again at another time during the off-season. :cool:

alohafri
11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I just got chills hearing Farmer's call of Paulie's Grand Salami from WS Game Two!

SoxSpeed22
11-24-2005, 02:57 PM
I made a CD, just for their run. With some of the songs here and some of mine. I also used a bunch of sound bytes from Santo=Dorf's soundboard. But if he's reading this. I request Hawk's "you don't win 96 games by accident, you don't win 96 games by luck. You win 96 games 'cuz dammit you are good!" quote.

Deadguy
11-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Baseball's truly a great sport to immerse yourself in. There is just such an astounding wealth of information and deviations of related statistical analases to get lost in. Bill James once said that "No one could ever possibly attain 1% of whatever there is to know about baseball".

Baseball provides a rich history and an immense array of statistics (thanks to sabermetrics), leaving open the possiblity of endless barroom banter and pointless arguments, that you wouldn't find in any other sport.

Sure, you can argue about whether Rocky Marciano could have beaten Cascius Clay until your face is blue, but I could tell you that Craig Biggio was a better player than Ken Griffey Jr. in the 90s, and have unbiased statistical information to back it up.

Since I'm such a history buff and love statistics, baseball will always be my primary love.

It's a shame that it is dying out with the baby boomers, since it is too slow for Generation X and Generation Y, who just can't appreciate the intricacies and beauty of the game of baeball.

Sox-on-TV44
11-25-2005, 12:37 PM

:threadrules:
And so does your opinon!Hell,i'm watcing the the ALDS vs. Boston game 2 on my VCR,and on the my to thanksgiving dinner,I slapped on a old 1977 White Sox cassette vs. the Royals (7/30/77).

To me unless the Bears win the Super Bowl (I hope they will!),it's all Sox all the time in my world!